Trip Report The I'm Ditching the Spreadsheets....an Unrecognizable Trip!

We arrived home around 10pm last night from our Disney vacation. The planning for this trip started in March, but by September it was not even close to the original. So how did it all turn out? Did I make the correct decisions? Was this trip as hectic as the last one? Should I have cancelled so many dining reservations? Did we miss too much because upon arrival I decided to rip up the spread sheets..the same ones that I so painstakingly obsessed over?! I'm thinking about all of this as I am attempting to organize my 609,504,302 photos.

There were a few hiccups, including my Etsy order not arriving in time, sprinting to the Magical Express just as the doors closed, leaving our Elf on the Shelf in the room after check out, getting stuck on a ride, a missing boat captain, broken ornaments, and a horrible 3 hour lunch. All in all it was an amazing trip. I do not regret the decision to change from the original plans, or the second, or the 3rd, or even the plans I had when we were on the plane heading to Orlando. I decided to throw out most of them and take a (semi) wing it approach. :)

Last edited:

21stamps

Original Poster
They do have plenty for everyone to do and we enjoy the "nightvision" goggles to see the animals after dark.

The cruises are the best and I hope have fun on the June one. I have been on 2 including the Fantasy.

I "snuck" down just last month for the F&W festival on my own and it was a blast...You'll enjoy that as well!
Our June cruise is on NCL. Next November is the DCL Fantasy. I'm excited for both!

I am really looking forward for a short adult only trip to WDW..it's been a few years, such a different experience!

Patiently hanging out waiting for more of this wonderful trip report.

Ha ha thanks. I haven't added anything bc I am trying to narrow down my photo selections. I still haven't even transferred the pics on my phone to my computer...It's annoying to attach them from my phone to here, and although I've been posting a lot, I have been doing so while working or doing laundry. This requires more attention than random posts.lol. I am going to work on the TR tonight though!

King Panda 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
1fsarh.jpg

epcotisbest

Our June cruise is on NCL. Next November is the DCL Fantasy. I'm excited for both!

I am really looking forward for a short adult only trip to WDW..it's been a few years, such a different experience!

Ha ha thanks. I haven't added anything bc I am trying to narrow down my photo selections. I still haven't even transferred the pics on my phone to my computer...It's annoying to attach them from my phone to here, and although I've been posting a lot, I have been doing so while working or doing laundry. This requires more attention than random posts.lol. I am going to work on the TR tonight though!
Well, with those 609 million photos, I know it is gonna take awhile!

21stamps

Original Poster
He's got great handwriting for a 6 year old!

That's funny that you said that. You're the second person. I guess I've never seen another 6 year old's handwriting. Maybe I should easy up on him for instead of the mild reprimanding I gave him for the "o" in "toy". He does press his pencil too hard though, we go thru them like crazy.

Funny side note- We were going out of town the last week of summer before school started, leaving the same day that we had orientation at the school...arriving back the day before. I bring in all of his supplies and the teacher says (to all parents)- "I have a project for you- Take the notebooks home with you and draw a red line on every 3rd line in each notebook (6 of them). Front and back."

Awesome. Here's what I did- Drew lines on 5 pages in each notebook, front and back, around midnight on back to school eve. I told T to bring them back him so I could finish the next day.,, and hoped she didn't notice. She did, I received an email reminding me to complete them.lol

Courtney6682

That's funny that you said that. You're the second person. I guess I've never seen another 6 year old's handwriting. Maybe I should easy up on him for instead of the mild reprimanding I gave him for the "o" in "toy". He does press his pencil too hard though, we go thru them like crazy.

Funny side note- We were going out of town the last week of summer before school started, leaving the same day that we had orientation at the school...arriving back the day before. I bring in all of his supplies and the teacher says (to all parents)- "I have a project for you- Take the notebooks home with you and draw a red line on every 3rd line in each notebook (6 of them). Front and back."

Awesome. Here's what I did- Drew lines on 5 pages in each notebook, front and back, around midnight on back to school eve. I told T to bring them back him so I could finish the next day.,, and hoped she didn't notice. She did, I received an email reminding me to complete them.lol

Geezzz lol...that's crazy! Why did she want that done?

21stamps

Original Poster
Come onnnnn lady @21stamps! We need an update!:p
I know, I've been busy with work, Christmas stuff, sports, and now camp sign ups/pick up drop offs...how do people juggle with more than one child?!..I've been on the site but when out or at work..not when I can actually focus.lol I will finish this some year, maybe 2016?..I'm going to try to post something tonight.

21stamps

Original Poster
Ok, I had to go back and look where I left off...

We're at Hollywood Studios, Just finished Star Tours took a few more photos, briefly waited for T to window shop, and now off to get Mom a much needed coffee!!!!

IMG_5787.JPG

IMG_9099.JPG

Starbucks still had a line too long for me to deal with, so we went to Starring Rolls. We had to wait a few minutes for a table to open up, but thanks to that beautiful cup of caffeine in my hand I could deal with the wait.
One of the cashiers noticed us standing there, out of nowhere she just offers my son a Mickey Cookie. He thought that was pretty cool, so did I! Here's our delicious brunch time meal- I had a coffee and part of a blueberry bagel, T had a banana, chocolate milk, a bit of my bagel, and the cookie from the nice CM (which he ended up saving for later). He asked me to take a photo of the cookie, but not him..and was not thrilled when realized he was in the frame. This was a recurring theme last year with his light saber and Stitch..luckily it did not become a trend past this moment in 2016.
We didn't want to eat much so we could save room for Chicken and Vader Waffles in an hour, appetizers at Sci Fi later on, ending the day with the dessert party. Let's see how much of that actually happens....
IMG_5796.JPG

Last edited:

21stamps

Original Poster
Next on the to-do list - Captain Phasma Stormtroopers March!

IMG_9324.JPG

On to Launch Bay!!!!

Now this shocked me, my son loves Kylo Ren.. as in the kid has- Kylo Ren bedding, Kylo Ren lightsaber light on his wall, Kylo Ren figures displayed on a shelf in his room, 2 Kylo Ren lightsabers...and more.
He's been talking for months about meeting Kylo Ren. He chose WDW instead of DCL (for all of the new Star Wars stuff) but a large part because his friends and cousins have met Kylo Ren this year.

So what happens when T meets Kylo Ren??
He totally clams up!! He didn't get too close to him, and he wouldn't look directly at him after we initially walked in the room.
I couldn't believe it. He told me "I wasn't scared of him mom, but he was kind of scary."
Lol what? Ok.

IMG_9101.JPG
IMG_9325.JPG

King Panda 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I know, I've been busy with work, Christmas stuff, sports, and now camp sign ups/pick up drop offs...how do people juggle with more than one child?!..I've been on the site but when out or at work..not when I can actually focus.lol I will finish this some year, maybe 2016?..I'm going to try to post something tonight.
Juggling kids is easier with more than 1 and only slightly harder than juggling axes ;)

21stamps

Original Poster
Juggling kids is easier with more than 1 and only slightly harder than juggling axes ;)
I think there's a moment of every single day when I feel like I'm juggling axes..lol.
You can totally see in his face that he's not so sure about that meet and greet! Too funny!
That's why I did the side by side. T is looking at him from the corner of his eyes. I thought it was so funny!!
Last week we went to see Rogue One on Friday night, the theatre had Star Wars characters there, here's the photo-

IMG_9256.JPG

Kylie Ren told T that he liked his shirt, T was all smiles and not uncomfortable at all.
Afterwards I asked him why. He says "BECAUSE that's not the REAL Kylo Ren. The REAL one is at Disney World. This one isn't scary at all, but I wasn't scared when I did meet the real one, I just didn't want him to use the Dark Side of the Force on me." I had to put great effort into not bursting into laughter right then and there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom