Trip Report The "how did it all go so horrible wrong" August trip to the world, let the madness begin. LOL COMPLETE

Well got my official signal to get excited in the mail Saturday...

20180804_165746.jpg

Yep our magic bands came. Yippee. So how did we get to this point?

Well way back in December, I got an idea to take the minions on one last family trip to celebrate two college graduates and one person hitting 21. My original goal was to make it to London England and of course murphy's luck hit and I found out I needed a new roof. :arghh: Ok, London's out, how about Disney?? I figured that with everyone hopefully looking for gainful employment, this maybe the last vacation we'll get in for a while

So here's the original crew....
family at christmas.jpg

Now my brother and sister in law swear they do not want to go, lol great. In April I call again to make sure everyone is on board, inform the minions that I am making plane reservations and buying tickets so once they say they are in, there is no cancelling.

Plans so far,
5 nights/ 6 days 2 bedroom suite at OKW
Fast passes all made, got every thing we wanted including the new slinky dog rollercoaster and FOP.
dinner reservations for a few favorites made.

Last night, I get a call from my brother......"can we cancel the plane tickets". hummm no, we can't. why?? well because wifey and I are coming now and we're driving down so we thought we'd save you some money.

WTH!!! :mad::mad:
OK dude, it's 21 days before the trip, you've got no park tickets and my meal reservations are for 5. how do you plan to pull this off.......

This is going to be interesting...

Cetta

This report is exactly why when my in-laws ask to come with us, we say no! haha loved that you finally let him have it at the end. I enjoyed your trip report.

BrerWayne

The main criticism on the boards seems to be for the alien saucer ride. All I can say is that there were tons of family's enjoying it. We did not ride it but it is perfect for families with little ones. for once you can get on a ride with your kid and they don't have to worry about it being too scary or anything. Is it a carnival ride or cheap? Is it up to the Disney standard of 30 years ago? I don't know, I don't go around comparing my vacations for long ago to what I'm doing today.
Again the people we saw seemed to enjoy it.

one bittersweet moment. for every year since the boys were little, they have taken a picture in front of Kermit with their dad,

View attachment 313428

View attachment 316624
View attachment 313414

We literally have measured their ages by these pictures, unfortunately their dad lost his battle with cancer a few years ago and this year was the first year they took the picture without him. I was a hot mess.

View attachment 313415

:cry: even at Disney, cancer sucks
I got all the feels from this post. At the end of the day (for me at least) is the time spent with my kids and the memories that it produces. Thanks for sharing.

jkl2000

Very enjoyable trip report, Eliza! One question: at the end there, did you mean your relative in the wheelchair had a DAS pass and they wouldn’t honor it at FoP and give you a return time? Or did she not have a DAS pass? Or were there too many people in your party?

Last edited:

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
Very enjoyable trip report, Eliza! One question: at the end there, did you mean your relative in the wheelchair had a DAS pass and they wouldn’t honor it at FoP and give you a return time? Or did she not have a DAS pass? Or were there too many people in your party?
Sorry for the delay.
Lol she was supposed to get a DAS pass but kept forgetting. The problem was she kept wanting to do the "togetherness " thing and the minions kept wanting to blow them off.
On FOP they are strict about the party size. I think just because of the popularity.

punkabella

I have never read a trip report on here before, but yours was fantastic! Congrats to all the graduates and I hope everyone finds a career soon! Thank you for sharing your memories (and congratulations on not killing or injuring anyone).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom