The House Cup: An Imagineering Competition - Discussion Thread

Flippin'Flounder

Frozen Ever After opened today! :D

The ride isn't bad considering that they had to use the old infrastructure. The animatronics are amazing, probably some of the most realistic in a Disney park. :eek:

Anyone else care to comment? o_O

I tried to resist the urge to watch, but I just couldn't. I promise I won't look at Pandora.

The ride is beautiful! I think I can get over the location issues, but I still wish capacity was better. Disney really blew it out of the park!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I don't understand why your so big on making sure everything in IoA is literature-based. Universal obviously doesn't as 3 of the lands are based on movies.
None of the lands are based on properties that started as movies at IoA, but rather started as books. You are incorrect, unless I misunderstand your point?

Lets take the lands of IoA:

Harry Potter - Book before movie
Lost Continent - Based on books and stories before movies
Jurassic Park - Book before movie
Toon Lagoon - Comics (print media) before movies/tv
Marvel - Comics (print media) before movies/tv
Seuss Landing - Books before cartoons/movies

I'm not sure I see your point?

RMichael21

None of the lands are based on properties that started as movies at IoA, but rather started as books. You are incorrect, unless I misunderstand your point?

Well, Kong just ruined that trend. :p

Flippin'Flounder

Harry Potter and Jurassic Park are very clearly based on the movies though, whether the books came first or not.

Jack Pumpkinhead

Well, Kong just ruined that trend. :p
Well, technically they are all based on books before becoming movies and tv shows, but Jurassic Park was the idea behind Islands of Adventure; a theme park based on comics, children's books, movies, tv shows, and stories; which IOA's case is mythology. And funny enough; Island of Adventure seas originally going to be based upon cartoons; hence the name Cartoon World. It would have been based on DC Superheroes, Looney Tunes and Dr. Seuss.

JokersWild

Toon Lagoon might have been based on comics, but neither of the land's attractions have their origins in print....

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Sadly; for one; the Tolkein family are a bat touchy when people adapt their books; and another thing is that that would be a wasted opportunity when they could retheme Marvel Superhero Island with science fiction; steampunk, dieselpunk, atompunk, far future...
*-punk could be ok, but without theme that hits mass appeal, it's a fanboys dream. A terrible use for a property that they still have rights over and (for some reason) people think is home to some of their best rides. I'll skip the two thrills skinned rides *Hulk/Doom" and focus on Spidey, which still gets rave reviews (though I never liked it much...though, of the dozen or so times I've ridden it, it's broken down about 1/3 of the time).

Jack Pumpkinhead

*-punk could be ok, but without theme that hits mass appeal, it's a fanboys dream. A terrible use for a property that they still have rights over and (for some reason) people think is home to some of their best rides. I'll skip the two thrills skinned rides *Hulk/Doom" and focus on Spidey, which still gets rave reviews (though I never liked it much).
No, I mean something that revolves around science fiction that would give Disney's Tomorowlands and Discoveryland a run for their money. They have a new restaurant/shop that is themed to steampunk and a Sci-Fi City zone in Singapore, and Disneyland Paris blew an opportunity with Discoveryland to be like the Mysterious Island and Port Discovery in TDS, so why shouldn't Universal have a port based around *-punk or far future?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom