The House Cup: An Imagineering Competition - Discussion Thread

RMichael21

Must resist the urge to spoil the ride :p

I've been doing the same with SotW (I listened to the soundtrack and final scene but that's it). That way my next trip to Epcot will have even more fun new stuff :D
This just made my decision of whether to go to DAK or Epcot a lot harder... :banghead:

I think I may wait until I can experience RoL and Avatarland to go back to DAK... But I don't know. UGH!

But seriously, talk about first world problems. :p

IAmNotAHufflepuff

This just made my decision of whether to go to DAK or Epcot a lot harder... :banghead:

I think I may wait until I can experience RoL and Avatarland to go back to DAK... But I don't know. UGH!

But seriously, talk about first world problems. :p

I'd probably say EPCOT at this point with all the new stuff... although going to Disney World without riding Everest is a federal offense. :hilarious::rolleyes:

tcool123

Frozen Ever After opened today! :D

The ride isn't bad considering that they had to use the old infrastructure. The animatronics are amazing, probably some of the most realistic in a Disney park. :eek:

Anyone else care to comment? o_O

On one hand I hate the ride for ruining World Showcase , but on the other hand those animatronics! :eek::jawdrop: On one hand those songs seem out of place, but on the other hand than Let It Go Sequence :eek::jawdrop: On one hand is there any story, but on the other hand it looks like a fun ride :eek::jawdrop: One one hand the line will be super long in the other hand so is the line for all the good rides at Epcot

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster

Oh ugh that song...

Oh wow ...a screen...omg that's not a screen??:eek: That's an AA!!

Yes Animatronics!

I'm liking it so far...not sure what the plot is but okay...Maelstrom didn't have a coherent plot either:p

Let it go...back back over the falls

Could have had something in this transition scene other than snowflakes and darkness.

Marshmellow..i prefer the other AAs.

weeee...

You did it!! Hooray! ...What did i do? o_O

Animatroincs are amazing...everything else I kinda expected...I would ride it just for the AAs up close in person, because everything on that ride is very close to the boat.

Last edited:

IAmNotAHufflepuff

Oh ugh that song...

Oh wow ...a screen...omg that's not a screen??:eek: That's an AA!!

Yes Animatronics!

I'm liking it so far...not sure what the plot is but okay...Maelstrom didn't have a coherent plot either:p

Let it go...back back over the falls

Could have had something in this transition scene other than snowflakes and darkness.

Marshmellow..i prefer the other AAs.

weeee...

You did it!! Hooray! ...What did i do? o_O

Animatroincs are amazing...everything else I kinda expected...I would ride it just for the AAs up close in person, because everything on that ride is very close to the boat.

I had the same reaction.

Animatronics: Stunning

Everything Else: Meh.

TheOriginalTiki

The one thing I'm really impressed with is the fact that they didn't just recycle a "Greatest Hits" collection from the movie like Red, Space and I were joking about last night :p I'm impressed that they changed some of the song lyrics to reflect the story and that none of the scenes are just direct carbon copies of scenes in the original. They incorporated the snow babies from Frozen Fever which is a nice touch, and even wrote a new song if I'm hearing it right. To me that's a level of effort in regards to the actual story that goes above and beyond something like The Little Mermaid or Monsters Inc. at DCA. It's a long standing problem of mine to see dark rides just retell the movie and do nothing else. This is definitely a step in the right direction.

Now I agree with Space...exactly WHAT the story is can be somewhat confusing. I'm just glad they put in the effort to make a story in the first place that didn't just regurgitate the film. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom