Trip Report **COMPLETED** The Hotter Than Hades Birthday Trip

Hey guys...sorry I am super delayed in writing this and I am certain it will take me forever to write this one too! But....I do want to share it so here we go!

Who?
Back to the usual ....my Mom (Mary) and myself (Megan)

When?
July 9 - 17, 2021

Where?
We stayed at the Yacht Club again :)

Why?
My 33rd Birthday - and it was hot out.....:hilarious: Also - I barely took my camera out so most of these photos are my from my phone. Sorry in advance :)

Day 1 July 9 2021
We got up at 3 am (😩), got ready and headed to the airport. My Mom stayed at my house so we could just drive together and not wake my Dad up :)
We got to the airport around 3:45 am and we were stuck in the Southwest line for forever because everyone forgot how to pack a suitcase, check in, take out a passport, etc etc.
Anyway - we eventually made it through security and to our gate.
Time for our usual date sign!
tempImageukVcjL.jpg

tempImage7srchn.jpg

Airport living...
tempImageqYHY15.jpg

We were in row 2 on the plane!
tempImage7FL4Nw.jpg

We actually had a layover in Chicago which was super annoying. It was essentially the same distance from Chicago to Orlando as it is from Buffalo to Orlando so it was an extra 1.5 hour flight for the same distance essentially :banghead:
Obviously it could not be helped as Southwest added this layover after I booked and there were no other options but we still complained :joyfull:
There was barely anything open at Midway to eat so we got some donuts. I only took a photo of one of them apparently. Off to a great start :hilarious:
tempImagejRMgS9.jpg

It was stale so would not recommend :joyfull:
Anyway eventually we got on our second plane
Magic Band twins!
tempImagebgqpty.jpg

We made it finally!
tempImage08e1BL.jpg

Fonorail photos!
tempImageVUa99B.jpg

tempImageeNIrge.jpg

tempImagevElkjZ.jpg

Next up: Day 1 continued

BrerWayne

Day 9 July 17, 2021
We got up around 7, finished up some packing, and headed down to breakfast at Ale and Compass (again...).
I saw this on IG while we were waiting to be seated :joyfull:
View attachment 595881
We actually got this reservation super last minute so it can be done :)
View attachment 595882
View attachment 595883
We got the same old same old but at least time my Mom got a big syrup...
View attachment 595884
View attachment 595885
After this we took a stroll around the Boardwalk
View attachment 595886
View attachment 595887
Then we relaxed on our balcony a bit...
View attachment 595888
Then waited for the Tragical Express.....
View attachment 595889
We were giving the thumbs up because we were coming back in 3 weeks which as I already said we did not :(
View attachment 595890
And that is it!
Thank you so much for reading along and having patience with how long it took me to write this! It was another fantastic (and hot) Birthday in the books!

Next up: Our 50th Anniversary trip!
Can’t wait to read your next trip report! Thanks for sharing this one!

TheMouseFan

Thanks for sharing! I completely agree about the heat and crowds! It was miserable that week! Wish we would have crossed paths since we were at Epcot and HS the same days! Can't wait to hear about your next trip, and have fun this week!!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Thank you for sharing such a great TR. I love your necklace and just wondered if you can still buy this. Looking forward to your next adventure.

Thanks for reading! It is 3 years ago but you may still be able to buy it at the Ever After Jewelry Co at Disney Springs!

Thanks for sharing! I completely agree about the heat and crowds! It was miserable that week! Wish we would have crossed paths since we were at Epcot and HS the same days! Can't wait to hear about your next trip, and have fun this week!!

Aww man I'm sad we missed each other!

lindawdw

I was so happy to see that you wrote another TR when I finally logged back onto this site! I love all your TR's with your mama! Once again I have to tell you how adorable you are together and how much I enjoy seeing your outfits that you wear to all your dinners. Your birthday dress was divine and so perfect for CRT because you looked like a princess!
Disney Princess Beauty GIF by Disney
I've been to WDW twice in July and I remember how incredibly hot the summers are there! I don't blame you for cancelling the next summer trip to opt for cooler weather! I am amazed at how early you both get going in the morning to make rope drop. We haven't done that since we were in our 20's and 30's but I'm hoping to get my family up and going during our upcoming December trip! I'm glad you were able to celebrate your 33rd birthday in your "happy place"! Can't wait for the next TR. 🥰

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I was so happy to see that you wrote another TR when I finally logged back onto this site! I love all your TR's with your mama! Once again I have to tell you how adorable you are together and how much I enjoy seeing your outfits that you wear to all your dinners. Your birthday dress was divine and so perfect for CRT because you looked like a princess!
Disney Princess Beauty GIF by Disney
I've been to WDW twice in July and I remember how incredibly hot the summers are there! I don't blame you for cancelling the next summer trip to opt for cooler weather! I am amazed at how early you both get going in the morning to make rope drop. We haven't done that since we were in our 20's and 30's but I'm hoping to get my family up and going during our upcoming December trip! I'm glad you were able to celebrate your 33rd birthday in your "happy place"! Can't wait for the next TR. 🥰

Aww thank you so much for your kind words! The summers are so hot but then I forget every year and want to go back :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom