The horror

Tk0021

We are going on our third year in a row and I asked my 7 year old daughter if we should try somewhere else this year or go to Disney? She paused........... I almost passed out. This is more than likely our last trip to Disney for a while. We wanted to get some trips in while our girls are little and still believe the magic. We probably would not have gone this year but my dad had a heart attack last year and he really wants to get one more trip to Disney.

WDWMPrincess

I'll say this: We have been to WDW or Disneyland, on average, every year since my son was born. He's 17 now - and a year away from moving out and going to college.

Right now, we wish that we had reduced our Disney trips and gone other places more. It's a big, beautiful world with lots to see...

I LOVE Disney and am very excited for our upcoming adventure there with our extended family. All the same I have to agree with Dutch Inn. It is a big beautiful world out there. I can't imagine going any one place more than once in a ten year period.

If you are really insistent Disney must be part of your plans, why not visit Paris, Singapore, Tokyo, or Hong Kong? You could do a day or two in the park there and a week seeing what else there is to see in the area. All of those places have amazing things to see and do.

Patcheslee

resort yes, time of year no... After talking to her last night she thought she was to old to see her fairy god mother. both the little princesses love to go to Bippity Boppity Boutique. I let her know she had another year or so before that happened. She then did request a different hotel as she said " i am getting a little old to be sleeping in a Cars pull down bed. I have her researching what hotel she would like to stay at. the front runner right now is FT. Wilderness and take the travel trailer. now the wife is not super happy cause a road trip from Colorado means more time off work for her. (first world problem I know)

thanks for the reply
You may save money renting an RV considering the cost of gas to haul. There's tons of places in Orlando

Tk0021

We have been to WDW 3 times in 4 years. Last trip was December 2018. We were not sure of our summer vacation plans this year so I asked my two girls (8 and 6) if they wanted to go to Myrtle Beach, a trip we have made every year except the year we went to WDW in June, or WDW. My 6 year old looked to my 8 year old for the answer and my 8 year old said “ we have to go to Myrtle because it’s our family tradition”. I was not shocked but my wife was disappointed. I had asked last year if they wanted to go to Disney or Hershey Park and my daughter picked Hershey park. She said she wanted to try something different.

my wife is disappointed, but we decided to go to Myrtle and go to Hershey on a separate weekend trip later in the summer. combined it will cost about the same as the Disney trip.

buseegal

resort yes, time of year no... After talking to her last night she thought she was to old to see her fairy god mother. both the little princesses love to go to Bippity Boppity Boutique. I let her know she had another year or so before that happened. She then did request a different hotel as she said " i am getting a little old to be sleeping in a Cars pull down bed. I have her researching what hotel she would like to stay at. the front runner right now is FT. Wilderness and take the travel trailer. now the wife is not super happy cause a road trip from Colorado means more time off work for her. (first world problem I know)

thanks for the reply
might check into renting a RV instead of driving. might make wife happier or maybe let her meet you at WDW

Club Cooloholic

I think having her helping in the planning is a great idea. Weather_Lady has some nice suggestions. It’s also one of her friends is teasing her about going to Disney like when older kids tease younger ones about believing in Santa or Easter bunny. Some kid tried this with my niece when she was around that age and she told the kid he was stupid and shut up.
Sounds like jealous kids.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom