THE HOBBIT IS COMING!!!!! WDW better get their act together and bid on Tolkien.

Will Tolkien's World and Disney World Collide?

• I'm Geeking out here -- I sure hope so....

Votes: 51 30.4%
  • No way Nerds!!!

Votes: 64 38.1%
  • Don't Care.

Votes: 53 31.5%

• Total voters

echoscot

All right, look, there's only one "Return," okay, and it ain't "of the King," it's "of the Jedi."
2006film_Clerks2.jpg

That is very funny. Nice. Although Aragorn is still the king...

Cmdr_Crimson

Except the fact that they still have active contracts with GMR....:lookaroun

MGM's Rights were owened by Turner..Which is Now owned and operated by Time Warner.. New Line Cinema as well is a subisidiary company of Time Warner. Kinda like Touchstone with Disney....

To put it easily..I seriosly think LoTR will be of no buisness for Disney...Stick To Narnia..

jedijake45

NO WAY! If Disney does anything like Harry Potter Land of whatever LOA is calling it, then base the land on Star Wars or at least update Star Tours. These movies (the orginal ones anyways) have stood the test of time, chances are kids will grow up watching these flicks forever. I Know that the both LOTR and the Hobbit of four very well loved novels, but come on, when you were growing up did you dream of being a Jedi or Hobbit. And yes there is only one Return and it is Return of the Jedi

echoscot

NO WAY! If Disney does anything like Harry Potter Land of whatever LOA is calling it, then base the land on Star Wars or at least update Star Tours. These movies (the orginal ones anyways) have stood the test of time, chances are kids will grow up watching these flicks forever. I Know that the both LOTR and the Hobbit of four very well loved novels, but come on, when you were growing up did you dream of being a Jedi or Hobbit. And yes there is only one Return and it is Return of the King

I knew you would come around....:ROFLOL:

fizzle75

I have mixed feelings on this one. On one hand I'm a huge LOTR fan and I would love to see Disney secure the rights to the franchise but at the same time I am an even bigger DISNEY fan and I would much rather see Disney pour more money into updating existing attractions and creating new attractions based on DISNEY characters(...not Pixar, I love Pixar though).

I would be tickled pink just to see a refurb of The Great Movie Ride with a scene from LOTR added. Also, after much deliberation...and it kills me to say it...I just don't think LOTR would be a good "fit" for WDW. The material is just a little too dark for a Disney park IMHO. I do wish Disney would focus more on Narnia and give us a full fledged attraction based on it(not just a stupid trailer). I think a Narnia dark ride would be amazing. Maybe with Prince Caspian coming to theaters soon we will see a little more Narnia love in the parks.

If anyone secures the rights to LOTR I hope and pray it's Disney cuz I just don't think anyone else could do it justice.

DisneyYorkian74

There's something about the "TLOR" franchise that I don't think meshes well with Disney and/or WDW.

I go to WDW to see Disney characters, not characters from other studio franchises.

Laura

Premium Member
How funny. I just watched the entire LOTR trilogy yesterday and was thinking I wish there was a Hobbit prequel.

With that said, I can't imagine an attraction based on it. Unless they wanted to do a Medieval Times dinner show type thing. I'd totally go for that.

The Orcs are a tad too scary for Disney though. They'd have to make them a bit friendlier.

CThaddeus

All right, look, there's only one "Return," okay, and it ain't "of the King," it's "of the Jedi."
2006film_Clerks2.jpg

This gets my vote as the next attraction Disney should work on - Clerks: The Experience. Mooby rules!
But, I'd much rather an immersive experience like a "Lord of the Rings" attraction than anything based on Narnia. Sorry, the Narnia series just never did it for me...and the recent movie was beyond uninteresting. The BBC production of it about 10 years ago was much more entertaining, but still not something I'd ever base an attraction on.
No matter what, though, please Disney get rid of that sad Journey Into Narnia advertisement in Disney-MGM.

Shadowdawn

MGM and New Line will co-finance and co-distribute two films, “The Hobbit” and a sequel to “The Hobbit.” New Line will distribute in North America and MGM will distribute internationally

Ummmm they do realize that The Hobbit already has a sequel right? It's called The Lord of the Rings

baz212

I could take or leave an LOTR attraction, but NO NARNIA:fork: I hated the books as a kid, I still hate the books and now I hate the movie too. Keep Disney secular please. By the way they didn't even start with the first narnia book. Lion witch and wardrobe is the second book in the series.
I have mixed feelings on this one. On one hand I'm a huge LOTR fan and I would love to see Disney secure the rights to the franchise but at the same time I am an even bigger DISNEY fan and I would much rather see Disney pour more money into updating existing attractions and creating new attractions based on DISNEY characters(...not Pixar, I love Pixar though).

I would be tickled pink just to see a refurb of The Great Movie Ride with a scene from LOTR added. Also, after much deliberation...and it kills me to say it...I just don't think LOTR would be a good "fit" for WDW. The material is just a little too dark for a Disney park IMHO. I do wish Disney would focus more on Narnia and give us a full fledged attraction based on it(not just a stupid trailer). I think a Narnia dark ride would be amazing. Maybe with Prince Caspian coming to theaters soon we will see a little more Narnia love in the parks.

If anyone secures the rights to LOTR I hope and pray it's Disney cuz I just don't think anyone else could do it justice.

Shadowdawn

I could take o leave an LOTR attraction, but NO NARNIA:fork: I hated the books as a kid, I still hate the books and now I hate the movie too. Keep Disney secular please. Bythe way they didn't even sart wit the firt narnia book. lion witch andwardrobe i the second book in the series.
I

It is the second book of the Narnia series but it is by far the most popular of them all.

echoscot

It is the second book of the Narnia series but it is by far the most popular of them all.

Ahhh the great debate of the ordering of the books...It is only in recent years to they "young uns" that the books were re-numbered with Magician's Nephew being the first.

I know about the forward "blah blah blah, this is what Lewis wanted"

But the first book he ever wrote on Narnia and published was a stand alone story called "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe"

As a matter of fact "Prince Caspian" was originally subtitled, "the Return to Narnia"

In response to a young reader after all 7 books were eventually published, the reader had stated he found that chronologically the MN came first. Lewis wrote back that "Yes, you could certainly read them that way."

The movies are being made in a "correct" order, the original publishing order which was known for many years until recently with a new publisher.

Okay, back to the Hobbit...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom