Trip Report The HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!...oh and congratulations report. COMPLETED

The day had arrived! June 25th. C and I were finally going on our Mother-Daughter trip to Disney! We are now part of an elite club of ladies!

I had just gotten back from a wonderful wine trip to Traverse City Michigan with E, my oldest daughter, the night before so I was a little tired to begin with plus I caught a "bug" and wasn't feeling quite myself, luckily it was starting to taper by my second day at Disney.

Our drive to Detroit airport was uneventful and we breezed past security. We flew with Delta and just have to say I loved both times we've used them.
Whoo Hoo!! That's our plane!
IMG_E4127.JPG

Warning... 95% of the photos on this trip were with my phone. I wanted to be in the moment and not carry my camera. I did take all our evening pictures at Epcot with my Sony A6000, which I haven't been practicing on like I should. Sorry @fractal. I also take horrible selfies so beware.

Magical Express was in my sights, just seeing it had me smiling from ear to ear.
IMG_E4130.JPG

We waited a whole 4 minutes and it was time to get on MDE! The bus was already packed so I know our wait to head off wouldn't be long.

Of course MDE was also stopping at AOA and their stop was first, so C and I decided to get off at AOA and use the walkway to POP. We wanted to see AOA and knew this may be our only chance. Little did I know how much this walkway would come in handy!!

Here she is!! Our home for the next week! The backside of POP! :happy:
IMG_E4136A.JPG

I hadn't received a text so I went up to check in to see if our room was ready. It wasn't, but no big deal, it was around 1pm and we had plans to go to DS for some Earl of Sandwich. While talking with Check in I mentioned that C had just graduated high school and was heading off to Ball State University (chirp chirp) and would it be possible to give her a Congratulations pin. "of course" says the CM. Then C chimes in, "your birthday was last week, you should get a birthday pin". The CM is more than happy to oblige.

We head to bell services to drop off our bags and wait for our first bus to DS!

IMG_E4131.JPG

After wandering around for little while we found Earl.

IMG_4133.JPG

C got the Caprese and a side of mac n cheese. I got the Chipotle Chicken Avacado. Thanks @blgauger for the tip.

IMG_E4136.JPG

IMG_E4135.JPG

Although my sandwich was extremely tasty my stomach was winning the battle and started to get upset. I called it quits but not before I tried a bite of C's mac n cheese. I highly recommend it. It was delicious.

We checked out some stores and decided to head back to POP. We still hadn't received a room ready text but since it was after 4:00 we were hopeful. I hadn't seen the Characters in Flight go up and to be honest my stomach wasn't sure it could have handled the heights (this is something we planned on doing) so on we went to the bus stop. If anyone is going to be riding Characters in Flight you may want to call ahead to make sure they are running. It didn't seem very windy so I'm not sure why it didn't go up while we were there. @ajrwdwgirl ;)

One thing I did notice that I found out while on our trip is that the bus pick up for POP is pretty much the last one at every park except for AK. :eek:

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Today is the day!! The day we looked forward to the most, it's Magic Kingdom Day!! Plus there are early magic hours! Today is going to be the best day ever!! Or so we thought. I'll just tell you it was a rough morning, nothing went as planned.

We got up early and ate some breakfast in the room, C was a female hormonal mess but she was rolling with it. Good news, my stomach is great. We headed for the bus and were whisked away to our happy place. We miss the opening show at the train station, hoping someday they'll bring it back.
IMG_E4388.JPG

All is still good and we're just enjoying the walk up Main Street, is there anything better?

We arrive at the hub and take in the view.

IMG_E4391.JPG

IMG_E4390.JPG

We continue to the left because our plan is to enjoy Frontierland and Adventure land. That is always our go to's at rope drop. We are stopped by a CM. What? Only Tomorrowland and Fantasyland are open for EMH. I didn't know this. Why didn't I know this? I guess I wasn't prepared. Is this how EMH is now? Has it always been this way? Did they change it recently?

OK, we're rolling with it. "Let's do Space Mountain". We head to Tomorrowland and again we're stopped by CM's checking to make sure we're resort guests. It's a mess, such a bottleneck. Why don't they do this at the gate? Ok, we're walking and get stopped again at the Tomorrowland entrance with by now it seems like a thousand people. Understandable, there is still 3 minutes before 8am :rolleyes:. As the rope drops there is a mass rush to Space. I'm trying to go with the crowd and C asks if we can just go to Buzz instead because she feels Space will be to long now. ~sigh~ "Sure", we have a short wait for Buzz and we get to fight Zurg.

IMG_E4393.JPG

No galactic hero here. Actually I'm not even going to post my score. I think it's the worst I've ever had in the 11 years we've been going to Disney. I'll blame it on not moving the buggy, the jerking motion isn't helping C's cramps plus with the events leading up to this point have ruined by buzz, literally. :happy:

We decide to head to Fantasyland, where I see the line for 7DMT is ridiculously long, even longer than normal. It is not running but no one is leaving the line. Ariel is waiting for us so off we go.

IMG_E4396.JPG

Take a look at that que! I just received that famous #shirleystatus.

IMG_E4397.JPG

Upon exiting I think these pine trees look pretty and take a picture. When I look at the picture those trees look like I photoshopped them in. Weird

IMG_E4398.JPG

Things are looking good for us as we head to Pooh!

IMG_E4399.JPG

By now it's 9:00am and Adventureland is open and C wants to ride Pirates. As we walk in the wait seems longer than it should be a little after 9. We realize the line stops moving and a few minutes later we are told Pirates is down. Here comes the first set of tears (C is a happy person and this isn't a normal reaction, I just love female hormones). We check MDE and Splash is only 15 minutes. We have a FP+ in an hour but Splash is our favorite and we need some cheering up.

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
As we get to Splash the line is past the entrance. I look at C and let her know it's not going to be 15 minutes. As I look back I see the wait time on the sign jumped to 35 minutes. I tell C and more tears. I tell her we have a FP soon so let's go ride BTMR the wait is only 30 minutes. As I walk up to the CM I ask if 30 minutes is accurate. She looks at the que and says "yes it may even be a little shorter", Yay! we hop in line. As we are going through the que were go into rooms I've never been in ~sigh~. The wait was more like 60 minutes. C and I are quiet through most of the que. As we get to the loading area C hopes that we can sit in the back. I think the Disney magic is with us this time. We get the very last seat!

IMG_E4405.JPG

IMG_E4406.JPG

IMG_E4407.JPG

IMG_E4409.JPG

It was a good ride. I'm getting hungry and C had another item to check off her list.

IMG_E4410.JPG

The Nutella Waffle!. The line is short but its very hot out so I tell C to go shop at the Christmas store while I get our waffle. I order, pay and then see this sea of people standing around the corner. Hmmm what the heck!! All of these people are waiting on their order.:jawdrop: I'm going to say 20 minutes later I find C behind the Christmas store sitting at a bench. We eat our waffle out of the boat that isn't the easiest. It is very tasty but a mess. C gets chocolate on her white shorts. White shorts!! :rolleyes:

IMG_E4411.JPG

Again the emotions are starting to stir so we decide to find the perfect place to sit down cool off and watch a show we've never seen. The Country Bear Jamboree!! I thought it was very cute and just what I needed.

IMG_E4412.JPG

It's time for out FP, finally!

IMG_E4417.JPG

IMG_E4419.JPG

IMG_E4420.JPG

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Reading about your MK morning so far makes me :cry:.

Morning EMH has only ever included Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. I am sorry you did not know this.

The reason you were not checked to see if you were a resort guest at the front gate is because everyone is admitted into the park at 8 am ~ every day. Non-resort guests must remain on Main Street or in the hub until 9, which is why CMs at the entrances to Fantasyland and Tomorrowland were making sure ONLY resort guests were allowed into those areas for EMH.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Reading about your MK morning so far makes me :cry:.

Morning EMH has only ever included Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. I am sorry you did not know this.

The reason you were not checked to see if you were a resort guest at the front gate is because everyone is admitted into the park at 8 am ~ every day. Non-resort guests must remain on Main Street or in the hub until 9, which is why CMs at the entrances to Fantasyland and Tomorrowland were making sure ONLY resort guests were allowed into those areas for EMH.
You know I was trying to think of the last time we did morning EMH. It seems we've been to a lot of rope drops and evening magic hours but not morning. That would explain me not knowing. Bad planning on my part. The good news is that it does end up getting better but not before it gets worse.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
After our Splash ride I request Mickey's Philharmagic. Another show I love. I even did the "everybody look left, everybody look right" @Tuvalu and @Longers but nobody did it with me.:(

IMG_E4423.JPG

We have FP #2 to get to so we head over to SDMT and get almost to the loading area when an announcement come on saying they've closed down the ride due to lighting in the area. :cry: Yep more tears. We decided to wait just a little bit because we have lunch reservations. A few upset people are talking to a CM about how long it wil be and their fastpasses. We hear the CM say that if you scanned your band for the FP it is lost if you step out of line. She said that there was nothing she could do but her manager was at the entrance and maybe she could do something. Well, C thinks our FP is lost forever and is upset again. I tell her we're at Disney so don't worry.

We can't wait any longer so I tell the CM we have reservations and have to step out of line. I talk with the manager and she gives us anytime FP for later. See, C, it'll all work out. We stop by the bathroom and head to The Plaza Restaurant. When all of the sudden the heavens open up and it's pouring. Luckily for us we were only a few feet from the entrance. We did have to wait and the manager of the Plaza was having the hardest time trying to explain it was reservations only. One lady behind me keep saying that she paid a lot of money to be at Disney and that it shouldn't be raining and that they can't make her leave from under the awning. I felt so bad for the manager. But I had a reservation at the perfect time!!

IMG_E4425.JPG

We got our table and watched all those unfortunate souls out in the rain. C was actually smiling, not because they were out in the rain but because she wasn't.

IMG_E4428.JPG

C got a veggie burger and I got the fried green tomato sandwich. It was so delicious! The Plaza is a definite must on future trips!!

IMG_E4429.JPG

IMG_E4430.JPG

It was time for our FP #3. We were planning on taking a break after our FP but with our morning we contemplated just leaving after lunch. We decided to tough it out and go to Space Mountain. The rain was just a light rain now so we headed out.

IMG_E4434.JPG

Look at that FP line! We made it in with a ride on the Alpha side. We head to the busses and it is now only drizzling. It's a miracle....when we get on the bus there are seats for us to sit. Thank you! Unfortunately that doesn't last. Do you see this lady in the green poncho?

Poncho.png

That was my seat. As crappy as a day I've had so far I gave her my seat. She was older and looking a little soggy. Guess what she does......

She turns to the man in the blue shirt and thanks him for the seat!! :jawdrop: What?!! I don't even know this man!!

I'm wet, I'm tired, my daughter had a crappy morning at Magic Kingdom and I'm standing on a bus. As we're riding back to PoP green poncho lady asks her daughter who is about my age where little sally is, daughter says "she went somewhere in the back of the bus, don't worry someone will watch her." :jawdrop: Who are these people!!?

We arrive at POP and head up to our room. I see a maid cart by our door. I'm chanting in my head, No no no no no. Yep, she's in our room. She doesn't seem to speak english. I ask her if she's almost done. "yes" I ask her if she wants us to leave. "yes". I tell C it'll just be a few minutes. C goes around the corner sits on the floor and is crying again. AHHHHHHH.

It doesn't take long and she is finished with our room. This is probably the best thing C has seen all day.

IMG_E4437.JPG

We both change into dry jammies and crawl into bed.

Can anything else go wrong? What else is going to happen on our last day?

Last edited:

Swissmiss

Premium Member
While nature is pretty well thought out for so many things, why is it that the hormonal monster is so much worse for teenage girls? It's so unfair and I feel for your C and my own C and all the other young teens who are trying their best to get thru it. I hope all the crying finally made her feel better - at least it used to for me.

AKemily

I'm so sorry you had such a sad Magic Kingdom morning! I'm also sad that you had never seen Country Bear Jamboree before! It's one of my favourites. :joyfull: I am enjoying reading your report and hoping this day turns around for you girls!

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
I am waiting for things to get better!!!!!
They do thank goodness!

While nature is pretty well thought out for so many things, why is it that the hormonal monster is so much worse for teenage girls? It's so unfair and I feel for your C and my own C and all the other young teens who are trying their best to get thru it. I hope all the crying finally made her feel better - at least it used to for me.
I almost wish she would've had one good cry or hysteria then it would be done but it was the silent tear down the face cry multiple times. It broke my heart but it did get better. At one point later in the day I saw a different girl crying and it made me feel for her. I wanted to tell her I understood.

I'm so sorry you had such a sad Magic Kingdom morning! I'm also sad that you had never seen Country Bear Jamboree before! It's one of my favourites. :joyfull: I am enjoying reading your report and hoping this day turns around for you girls!
I'm not sure how we missed the Jamboree up until now but it was very cute. I'll make sure to add it to our days at MK in the future! Thank you for following along! Our day does turn around for the better.

ELeigh

We continue to the left because our plan is to enjoy Frontierland and Adventure land. That is always our go to's at rope drop. We are stopped by a CM. What? Only Tomorrowland and Fantasyland are open for EMH. I didn't know this. Why didn't I know this? I guess I wasn't prepared. Is this how EMH is now? Has it always been this way? Did they change it recently
I found that during EMH at MK everyone was heading for SDMT and Space Mountain so by choosing other rides we had no wait for the first hour hopefully things got better!

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
I found that during EMH at MK everyone was heading for SDMT and Space Mountain so by choosing other rides we had no wait for the first hour hopefully things got better!
I can't believe I didn't realize that it was only Fantasyland and Tomorrow :facepalm: After thinking about it I would rather go to MK when there isn't EMH and go to Adventureland and Frontierland at 9am while everyone goes to SDMT and SM. That's what we've done in the past and it was great. It seems the rides we rode at MK that morning were rides that don't have too long of a wait later in the day anyway.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
An hour and a half later we woke up and it was like it was a brand new day. The cramps were gone, the smile was back. I'm not sure what sort of dreams she had but they must have been good. It was still drizzling outside but that didn't seem to bother C at all. Plus we had those poncho's to help keeps us dry. I bought those poncho's at a dollar store probably 10 years ago and they always travel with us to Disney and we never had to use them, I guess it's about time.

I was surprised how many people were headed back to MK with the rain still coming down, and even more surprised when entering the park. I thought rain was supposed to drive everyone out of the parks. It might have been raining but everyone seemed happy.

We decide to enjoy some of the more covered attractions for awhile, We started with Laugh Floor, it was a good crowd and everyone went along with the jokes.

Next we went over to Carousel of Progress. It was a little more crowded than usual :happy:. As we're on the third scene the carousel has a malfunction and it won't rotate so we have to listen to the scene again. Everyone, including me groans. Not because I'm truly upset because I honestly like COP, but because I'm going to have that song stuck in my head for even longer. :joyfull:

IMG_E4440.JPG

Of course we can't miss this next one!!

IMG_E4441.JPG

There's that smile I missed all morning!

IMG_E4442.JPG

IMG_E4443.JPG

IMG_E4446.JPG

Do you remember that SDMT FP that C thought was lost forever?

IMG_E4447.JPG

IMG_E4450.JPG

We had to ride Pooh one more time, Pooh never gets old!

It was time to eat a little something. C wants to try a flatbread at Pinocchio's Haus. I'm actually not to hungry but we have the HEA dessert party soon so I thought I better get something semi nutritious.

I have a confession. I never understood why people would get chicken nuggets. I'm talking about you @Doc Disney :happy:. The only thing I could picture was the nasty frozen Tyson one's at our grocery store. But I don't want a lot of food so I ordered the kids portion and was surprised how good they were. I'm sorry I doubted you Doc Disney. I'm sure I'll be ordering them in the future now.

IMG_E4452.JPG

IMG_E4453.JPG

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
After our dinner (Oh, I forgot to tell you, we had a table overlooking It's A Small World, loved it) we headed over to our HEA Desert Party!!

IMG_E4454.JPG

This was the line to check in, or so we thought. We got all the way up to the front and another CM asked the family in front of us if we were checking in for HEA and they said "yes" he said, "you need to go up there to check in". Uh ok. We checked in and this sweet, sweet CM had us grab some sparkling cider and took us to our table. He was so excited. He showed us where the deserts were and we started to get our treats! Plate #1. The pink flavored macaroon was soooo good.

IMG_E4455.JPG

I will admit that after I read @Tuvalu report I was a little disappointed in myself. While C and I were eating I saw others with cups filled with ice cream. I told C but we were both a little chilly from being damp earlier and weren't interested in ice cream. I now realize that this must have been the beloved ewwy gooey cake that is at Liberty Tree. :cry: I love that cake and can't believe I totally missed it. :banghead:

We walked over to the seating area and found a nice area to sit, relax and take it all in. Right before the show was to start a family of 5 came in and sat in front of us, not blocking our view but the dad was one of those obnoxious types that like to be heard. He was making a joke to the one man standing about how he couldn't see. I let C know that it was ok because when it started everyone would probably stand. Again I was wrong, for some reason everyone was standing except for the people on our "grassy" area and the grassy area in front of us. It was awesome to watch HEA there. There was a proposal behind that almost made C swoon. I'm very happy that we did the desert party. I don't think we'll do it again but happy that we got to experience it.

Now for a bunch of horrible firework phone photos

IMG_E4456.JPG

IMG_E4457.JPG

IMG_E4458.JPG

IMG_E4459.JPG

IMG_E4460.JPG

IMG_E4464.JPG

KatieLVT

Ugh! What a terrible morning for you two. Poor C!! I totally feel her pain, that's the worst, especially when you're trying to have fun and be happy and your body just wont let you. Glad your nap turned it around!

Gurt

Such a shame you has a crappy last morning at MK I feel so sad for C that iv nearly got a tear rolling down my cheek and im not a hormonal teenager! im so glad your day got better

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom