Trip Report The HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!...oh and congratulations report. COMPLETED

The day had arrived! June 25th. C and I were finally going on our Mother-Daughter trip to Disney! We are now part of an elite club of ladies!

I had just gotten back from a wonderful wine trip to Traverse City Michigan with E, my oldest daughter, the night before so I was a little tired to begin with plus I caught a "bug" and wasn't feeling quite myself, luckily it was starting to taper by my second day at Disney.

Our drive to Detroit airport was uneventful and we breezed past security. We flew with Delta and just have to say I loved both times we've used them.
Whoo Hoo!! That's our plane!
IMG_E4127.JPG

Warning... 95% of the photos on this trip were with my phone. I wanted to be in the moment and not carry my camera. I did take all our evening pictures at Epcot with my Sony A6000, which I haven't been practicing on like I should. Sorry @fractal. I also take horrible selfies so beware.

Magical Express was in my sights, just seeing it had me smiling from ear to ear.
IMG_E4130.JPG

We waited a whole 4 minutes and it was time to get on MDE! The bus was already packed so I know our wait to head off wouldn't be long.

Of course MDE was also stopping at AOA and their stop was first, so C and I decided to get off at AOA and use the walkway to POP. We wanted to see AOA and knew this may be our only chance. Little did I know how much this walkway would come in handy!!

Here she is!! Our home for the next week! The backside of POP! :happy:
IMG_E4136A.JPG

I hadn't received a text so I went up to check in to see if our room was ready. It wasn't, but no big deal, it was around 1pm and we had plans to go to DS for some Earl of Sandwich. While talking with Check in I mentioned that C had just graduated high school and was heading off to Ball State University (chirp chirp) and would it be possible to give her a Congratulations pin. "of course" says the CM. Then C chimes in, "your birthday was last week, you should get a birthday pin". The CM is more than happy to oblige.

We head to bell services to drop off our bags and wait for our first bus to DS!

IMG_E4131.JPG

After wandering around for little while we found Earl.

IMG_4133.JPG

C got the Caprese and a side of mac n cheese. I got the Chipotle Chicken Avacado. Thanks @blgauger for the tip.

IMG_E4136.JPG

IMG_E4135.JPG

Although my sandwich was extremely tasty my stomach was winning the battle and started to get upset. I called it quits but not before I tried a bite of C's mac n cheese. I highly recommend it. It was delicious.

We checked out some stores and decided to head back to POP. We still hadn't received a room ready text but since it was after 4:00 we were hopeful. I hadn't seen the Characters in Flight go up and to be honest my stomach wasn't sure it could have handled the heights (this is something we planned on doing) so on we went to the bus stop. If anyone is going to be riding Characters in Flight you may want to call ahead to make sure they are running. It didn't seem very windy so I'm not sure why it didn't go up while we were there. @ajrwdwgirl ;)

One thing I did notice that I found out while on our trip is that the bus pick up for POP is pretty much the last one at every park except for AK. :eek:

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
The day had arrived! June 25th. C and I were finally going on our Mother-Daughter trip to Disney! We are now part of an elite club of ladies!

I had just gotten back from a wonderful wine trip to Traverse City Michigan with E, my oldest daughter, the night before so I was a little tired to begin with plus I caught a "bug" and wasn't feeling quite myself, luckily it was starting to taper by my second day at Disney.

Our drive to Detroit airport was uneventful and we breezed past security. We flew with Delta and just have to say I loved both times we've used them.
Whoo Hoo!! That's our plane!
View attachment 294114

Warning... 95% of the photos on this trip were with my phone. I wanted to be in the moment and not carry my camera. I did take all our evening pictures at Epcot with my Sony A6000, which I haven't been practicing on like I should. Sorry @fractal. I also take horrible selfies so beware.

Magical Express was in my sights, just seeing it had me smiling from ear to ear.
View attachment 294116

We waited a whole 4 minutes and it was time to get on MDE! The bus was already packed so I know our wait to head off wouldn't be long.

Of course MDE was also stopping at AOA and their stop was first, so C and I decided to get off at AOA and use the walkway to POP. We wanted to see AOA and knew this may be our only chance. Little did I know how much this walkway would come in handy!!

Here she is!! Our home for the next week! The backside of POP! :happy:
View attachment 294121

I hadn't received a text so I went up to check in to see if our room was ready. It wasn't, but no big deal, it was around 1pm and we had plans to go to DS for some Earl of Sandwich. While talking with Check in I mentioned that C had just graduated high school and was heading off to Ball State University (chirp chirp) and would it be possible to give her a Congratulations pin. "of course" says the CM. Then C chimes in, "your birthday was last week, you should get a birthday pin". The CM is more than happy to oblige.

We head to bell services to drop off our bags and wait for our first bus to DS!

View attachment 294117

After wandering around for little while we found Earl.

View attachment 294139

C got the Caprese and a side of mac n cheese. I got the Chipotle Chicken Avacado. Thanks @blgauger for the tip.

View attachment 294120
View attachment 294119

Although my sandwich was extremely tasty my stomach was winning the battle and started to get upset. I called it quits but not before I tried a bite of C's mac n cheese. I highly recommend it. It was delicious.

We checked out some stores and decided to head back to POP. We still hadn't received a room ready text but since it was after 4:00 we were hopeful. I hadn't seen the Characters in Flight go up and to be honest my stomach wasn't sure it could have handled the heights (this is something we planned on doing) so on we went to the bus stop. If anyone is going to be riding Characters in Flight you may want to call ahead to make sure they are running. It didn't seem very windy so I'm not sure why it didn't go up while we were there. @ajrwdwgirl ;)

One thing I did notice that I found out while on our trip is that the bus pick up for POP is pretty much the last one at every park except for AK. :eek:

We stopped by today to use the characters in flight thing since we were having lunch at Homecoming and it was down because of weather. We plan on coming back a couple more times before it expires. I hope it will be running, good idea to call ahead though.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
We stopped by today to use the characters in flight thing since we were having lunch at Homecoming and it was down because of weather. We plan on coming back a couple more times before it expires. I hope it will be running, good idea to call ahead though.
I hope it works out. Take some pictures for me if you can!! :happy:

Looking forward to hearing about your trip!!
Thanks for following along!

Yay! So glad you started your report! Sorry you weren’t feeling your best at the start. Looking forward to the rest!
Thank you. This "bug" was odd. It made my stomach hurt if I ate and hurt if I didn't eat. Weirdest thing ever, but it did start to fade throughout the week. Glad to have you along!

All is forgiven @Zipitidoda - but next trip...

Now, on with the show! :D
I also only had me 16-50mm lens with me since I didn't want to bring a camera bag along. Plus I wouldn't want to drop a lens into a fountain or it's a small world or anything like that. ;) I'm very sorry, that was meaner than I normally can be. I still feel bad that happened to you.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
It's a little after 4:00 and we're headed back to POP. We still hadn't gotten our room ready text so we stopped by the front desk. We're told that the room is ready and she's not sure why we didn't get a text. We are located in 60's section and we are at the very end of the building next to Hourglass Lake. This is actually a great spot. Not to far from the main building and right by the bridge over to AOA, which we used multiple times when there were long lines at the bus stop for POP. I believe our room number is 4360. I took no inside pictures but the new renovations were very nice. Having an end unit kept noise to a minimum but being on the third floor I could hear my upstairs neighbor relieve himself at night. Luckily that was all I ever heard.:happy:

DSC04410.jpg

DSC04406.jpg

DSC04408.jpg

We put our carry-ons in the room and took some time to check out the room and relax for just a bit.

We decided we just couldn't wait any longer and headed for the busses. (we originally only had 4 day base tickets, after checking prices I realized it only cost $30 more to make it a 5 day ticket for the both of us and who doesn't want a few extra hours at MK). The wait wasn't too long and away we went.

For the first time in forever...:hungover:...:happy: we walked into MK and we were greeted with a parade. I'd never seen this parade in person and there was plenty of curb space so we stopped and enjoyed it!

IMG_E4137.JPG

IMG_E4139.JPG

IMG_E4141.JPG

IMG_E4143.JPG

IMG_E4145.JPG

We danced, we waved and even screamed just a little! To be there was amazing. With the parade being over we headed down Main Street and there she was...

IMG_E4148.JPG

Momma, I'm home! :inlove:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Was C okay with not staying in the 50s section?
You have such a good memory, it amazes me when you tag people regarding certain things. I'm always thinking, "how the heck does she remember that"?:joyfull:

It was funny, when we checked in the first time we were told the room wasn't ready yet but we'd be in the 50's and when we went back the second time a different lady said "your room is ready in 60's" :bored: by this time C was over it and said to me as "long as it isn't the 70's or 80's since those era's sucked". :jawdrop: We were both happy with our room.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
After oooohhhing and ahhhhing at all the sights we were soaking in we had to decide what to do. We still had time before for our 1st FP+ so there was only one thing to do @Tuvalu . Luckily for us I took this picture when we got off not getting on. Our wait was about 20 minutes.

IMG_E4150.JPG

It was time for FP #1!

IMG_E4152.JPG

IMG_E4153.JPG

Our skipper was good, not spectacular, but good.

My belly was starting to want food so next was a MK must.

IMG_E4156.JPG

I think it was around this time it was time for FP #2, Peter Pan. It's not a favorite but always a must do. We had to a little bit of backtracking because C requested our next adventure, it's one of her favorites. When entering the que for Pirates I hear HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm looking around, oh you mean me... thanks:facepalm: and then, "oh and congratulations". The CM then asks C where she's going to college and then gives her a coin to help pay for Ball State.

IMG_E4159.JPG

It was a bit of a wait but no worries. Sadly this was our one and only time we got to ride Pirates.

We headed to FP#3 BMTRR. I'm at #1 Tuvalu!! Do you think I'll catch up?
IMG_E4161.JPG

It was a great ride! The fireworks were exploding above us while we were riding. It was fantastic

IMG_E4165.JPG

It's a horrible shot but you get the picture.

Afterwards we walked so slow to take in the sights, probably unnerving the people behind us. Our last FP was due and we headed to the other side of the park for another favorite.

IMG_E4168.JPG

IMG_E4169.JPG

Magic Kingdom was closing and C and I were exhausted from the travel, heat, and my "bug". We head to the bus stop to end a wonderful first day at Disney.

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
One thing I did fail to report is now a joke between C and I. I would guess that 5 maybe 6 times at MK I heard a loud HAPPY BIRTHDAY then a "and congratulations" to both of us. We thought it was very funny, kind of like the congratulations was an afterthought. After that first day i didn't wear my pin anymore. I wanted this to be about C.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom