Trip Report The HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!...oh and congratulations report. COMPLETED

The day had arrived! June 25th. C and I were finally going on our Mother-Daughter trip to Disney! We are now part of an elite club of ladies!

I had just gotten back from a wonderful wine trip to Traverse City Michigan with E, my oldest daughter, the night before so I was a little tired to begin with plus I caught a "bug" and wasn't feeling quite myself, luckily it was starting to taper by my second day at Disney.

Our drive to Detroit airport was uneventful and we breezed past security. We flew with Delta and just have to say I loved both times we've used them.
Whoo Hoo!! That's our plane!
IMG_E4127.JPG

Warning... 95% of the photos on this trip were with my phone. I wanted to be in the moment and not carry my camera. I did take all our evening pictures at Epcot with my Sony A6000, which I haven't been practicing on like I should. Sorry @fractal. I also take horrible selfies so beware.

Magical Express was in my sights, just seeing it had me smiling from ear to ear.
IMG_E4130.JPG

We waited a whole 4 minutes and it was time to get on MDE! The bus was already packed so I know our wait to head off wouldn't be long.

Of course MDE was also stopping at AOA and their stop was first, so C and I decided to get off at AOA and use the walkway to POP. We wanted to see AOA and knew this may be our only chance. Little did I know how much this walkway would come in handy!!

Here she is!! Our home for the next week! The backside of POP! :happy:
IMG_E4136A.JPG

I hadn't received a text so I went up to check in to see if our room was ready. It wasn't, but no big deal, it was around 1pm and we had plans to go to DS for some Earl of Sandwich. While talking with Check in I mentioned that C had just graduated high school and was heading off to Ball State University (chirp chirp) and would it be possible to give her a Congratulations pin. "of course" says the CM. Then C chimes in, "your birthday was last week, you should get a birthday pin". The CM is more than happy to oblige.

We head to bell services to drop off our bags and wait for our first bus to DS!

IMG_E4131.JPG

After wandering around for little while we found Earl.

IMG_4133.JPG

C got the Caprese and a side of mac n cheese. I got the Chipotle Chicken Avacado. Thanks @blgauger for the tip.

IMG_E4136.JPG

IMG_E4135.JPG

Although my sandwich was extremely tasty my stomach was winning the battle and started to get upset. I called it quits but not before I tried a bite of C's mac n cheese. I highly recommend it. It was delicious.

We checked out some stores and decided to head back to POP. We still hadn't received a room ready text but since it was after 4:00 we were hopeful. I hadn't seen the Characters in Flight go up and to be honest my stomach wasn't sure it could have handled the heights (this is something we planned on doing) so on we went to the bus stop. If anyone is going to be riding Characters in Flight you may want to call ahead to make sure they are running. It didn't seem very windy so I'm not sure why it didn't go up while we were there. @ajrwdwgirl ;)

One thing I did notice that I found out while on our trip is that the bus pick up for POP is pretty much the last one at every park except for AK. :eek:

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Joining late, but enjoying the report so far! C really favors you! My stomach gets that way too sometimes, and once it's hurting, it won't stop until the next day. I think it happens when I wait too long to eat when I'm hungry, and sorry TMI...pretty sure it's gas. It just doesn't come out, it bloats me right up! :hilarious:

Also, so sad to hear your Chefs review! We are going in October. I'll still keep the reservation because I know it could have been an off night, but now I'm a little worried :cautious:

Oh yeah and your bag check strategy...BRILLIANT!
This made me laugh!! Gas is a serious thing! :hilarious:

More people than not seem to have a good experience with Chef's so I'm curious to hear about your experience.
C and I have heard quite a bit the we look alike except for the hair color. I truly
View attachment 295632
Did somebody say ice cream??? :hungry::inlove:

Love it!!

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Late as always, but enjoying your mother/daughter trip. Congratulations to both of you and looking forward to the rest of the report!
Glad you're here!

Just caught up! I have a similar stomach issue that's acting up today and I took s nap to avoid the pain too, good strategy! Looking forward to the rest of your TR!
So sorry you're not feeling the greatest, what the heck is going on with everyone?

Songbird76

After strolling along it was time to eat at our chosen destination. Tangerine Cafe in Morocco.

View attachment 294996

View attachment 294997

Our smiles are deceiving. We are certainly in the minority, TC is one of the places we tried that we won't go back to. The service was good, the location is actually neat with the open seating but It just didn't excite either one of us. I will say that i did like the couscous salad but other than that :hungover:.

We continued on... As we came upon America we saw that Voices of Liberty would start in 10 minutes. We've never seen VOL!! Yes please!

As they came out and started singing it was just beautiful. Then I noticed I recognized one of the ladies, then I recognized another, then a guy....what the heck! Then I realized, hey, that's part of Voctave! Does anyone know if they are one and the same? If you don't know what Voctave is, youtube it. They do so many Disney songs and are phenomenal.
View attachment 294998
View attachment 294999

The lady in the light blue can go crazy high.

And we're on the move again

View attachment 295000

I need to save up and buy my craft beer drinking husband one of these.

View attachment 295001

We have arrived to the most famous snack stop at Disney, Karmell Kuche

View attachment 295002

Unfortunately my stomach is saying no but that didn't stop C, she got a cookie that she said was scrumptious!

View attachment 295003

We found a little table in the shade right before the outpost for C to enjoy her cookie and to people watch.

View attachment 295004

View attachment 295005
Voctave is comprised of current and former members of Voices of Liberty, so not completely the same, but related to VOL. There is also a group that performs at functions outside of Disney, and they are called Liberty Voices and are also made up of former and current members. (I'm a HUGE fan of VOL...they are amazing.)

Songbird76

We're on the move again.... we wander into China. "Wait, we can go in there?" says C :facepalm:. We didn't stay for the show but wandered through.

View attachment 295050

As we leave China we skip over Norway since we'll be back to use our FP+ on Malzen, bad joke, I just came up with it. We head into Mexico which is my favorite pavillion. We have some time to kill so instead of just glancing over the merchandise we really look, I never new there was and actual store. I always thought there were only the kiosk's. We can't skip Fiesta Tour! It looks like a long wait but don't worry it was only a short wait.

View attachment 295051

View attachment 295052

View attachment 295053

I love Coco. The boy that voice's Miguel is fantastic.

It's time for our FP+ so back to Norway we go.

View attachment 295054

View attachment 295055

As we're exiting Frozen, I mean Malzen, it is pouring. I mean don't even try to bother pouring. So here we are with a hundred other people waiting out the rain while our poncho's are sitting on the dresser at POP. Does anyone else make this mistake? After 30 minutes I can't handle it anymore. At this time our plan was to go take a break after Malzen anyway. It's no longer pouring but definitely still a good rain but we're tough we can handle it.

View attachment 295056

We made it to the bus stop and our clothes are still half dry, not too bad. By now my stomach is starting to hurt again, food, I need food. C heads back to the room while I stop by the food court, which is very nice by the way. I see the pot roast and think, man that looks good. I buy the kids portion for $7.99. I took my food back to my room ate it then promptly fell asleep before I could feel my stomach hurt after eating.
View attachment 295057

I don't know if it is because I'm not eating like I normally do or if this roast really was that good but holy cow! YUM! and only $7.99? I may have to rethink how I eat at Disney.
Mmmmmm....pot roast. One of the things I miss about the US!! I can't wait for our 2019 trip. I plan to eat all the things I can't get here, like pot pie, pot roast, roasted turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy. Yum!

I did that with forgetting the ponchos at Disneyland Paris. I brought a bunch of disposable ones, and DH had them in his backpack, while I had the portable chargers, the mouse ears we made, my wallet, and all the other stuff you have to schlepp around when you have kids. (kleenex, wipes, etc) So we had gone back to the resort for a quick nap when DS was about to meltdown, and when we woke up, DS didn't want to go back yet. So DH stayed with him and I took DD with me into the parks. It started POURING just as we got there, I got into my backpack for the ponchos only to remember they were the one thing I had asked DH to put in HIS bag...which was back at the resort with him. :facepalm: So you are definitely not the only one to make that mistake!!

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Voctave is comprised of current and former members of Voices of Liberty, so not completely the same, but related to VOL. There is also a group that performs at functions outside of Disney, and they are called Liberty Voices and are also made up of former and current members. (I'm a HUGE fan of VOL...they are amazing.)
Thanks for the information. I've just recently heard of them and have been watching quite a few videos on youtube. They are soooo good.

Mmmmmm....pot roast. One of the things I miss about the US!! I can't wait for our 2019 trip. I plan to eat all the things I can't get here, like pot pie, pot roast, roasted turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy. Yum!

I did that with forgetting the ponchos at Disneyland Paris. I brought a bunch of disposable ones, and DH had them in his backpack, while I had the portable chargers, the mouse ears we made, my wallet, and all the other stuff you have to schlepp around when you have kids. (kleenex, wipes, etc) So we had gone back to the resort for a quick nap when DS was about to meltdown, and when we woke up, DS didn't want to go back yet. So DH stayed with him and I took DD with me into the parks. It started POURING just as we got there, I got into my backpack for the ponchos only to remember they were the one thing I had asked DH to put in HIS bag...which was back at the resort with him. :facepalm: So you are definitely not the only one to make that mistake!!
:joyfull: That sounds like something I would do.

And the pot roast :hungry: so good. Not sure what I'd do if I couldn't get my monthly intake of pot roast. (sometimes it's weekly ;))

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Today we are going to HS!! (because it was open when we were there :happy:)

C and I decided since we aren't Star Wars fans and neither were in the mood to watch the Indy show and Toy Story Land wouldn't be open for 3 days we were going to sleep in at Disney! If we had parkhoppers this never would've happened but this was a nice change.

We slept until 8:30 and took our time getting around. We headed to the food court for some famous Mickey waffles but on our way we ran into these guys. Momma didn't seem to mind me passing by.
IMG_E4215.JPG

After all that cuteness we ventured in for breakfast.
IMG_E4217.JPG

I'm sorry to say I didn't eat much. Yep @wdisney9000 my stomach was not having it. I wasn't going to let it ruin my day so I took a few deep breaths told myself to suck it up and we made our way to the busses.

IMG_E4218.JPG

Walking up to these turnstiles at the parks never gets old. I did my typical spin with my arms stretched wide upon entering the park. C is used to this and I no longer embarrass her.

IMG_E4219.JPG

It was a little while for our first FP, so what should we do? I tell C that I really what to see the Frozen Sing Along, I liked the movie and have heard the show can be funny especially with certain historians. "Really" says C, but she humors me and away we go. The next show is in just a few minutes and the line isn't long.

IMG_E4220.JPG

IMG_E4222.JPG

The show was cute and funny. We didn't get the historian I had heard about but the one we saw was good too.

IMG_E4223.JPG

IMG_E4224.JPG

Next we decided to beat the heat and check out this guy. Any idea where we are?

IMG_E4229.JPG

The Muppets! I don't dislike this show except for the purple bird. Why do I dislike this bird? I wish they would redo this show. I don't remember this bird from my childhood. And where are the Pigs in Space!! I could really love it if they changed it.

Time for some shopping. C was loving this and even contemplated buying it. She's a big fan of Monsters. Unfortunately she decided that it isn't very practical.

IMG_E4230.JPG

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Our FP is ready!! Lets go for a ride!!

IMG_E4231.JPG

Nope, not yet! We made a sharp left turn.

IMG_E4232.JPG

IMG_E4234.JPG

Not even sure what that says but I was glad we had a fast pass! Until, we scanned our magic bands and Mickey turns blue.

IMG_E4235.JPG

Oops we're at the wrong FP :happy:

IMG_E4237.JPG

IMG_E4238.JPG

Green means go! :joyfull:

IMG_E4240.JPG

IMG_E4241.JPG

We had a great sequence and enjoyed dropping by the Tower Hotel.

C was ready to have a treat that was on her list of must haves.

IMG_E4242.JPG

A frozen lemonade for C and a Sprite for me, I'm sure you can guess why. (just a bit of good news, after this my stomach gets better)

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Our snack is over, let's get going!! Time for FP+ #2

IMG_E4243.JPG

IMG_E4245.JPG

RR is up to triple digits, good thing I have a FP. Again, I'll ask, Why? Why would you wait 2.5 hours for a ride? Disney has these wonderful things called pools and they are......wonderful. :rolleyes: Sorry I'm not sure where that came from :)

IMG_E4247.JPG

Even the FP line was long! Look at that! They made several announcements stating that the wait time would be even longer than posted. We saw a few people leave standby but not many. With FP we only ended up waiting 20 minutes. Not bad considering.

IMG_E4248.JPG

Next we did something we've never done before, we hopped in the stand by line for TSMM. The majority of our wait was outside and it was hot. This kind lady finally let us enter the well working air conditioning!

IMG_E4250.JPG

IMG_E4251.JPG

We were next to get in our buggy and the ride went down. It was wasn't long, but long enough to talk to the CM about Toy Story Land! I wish we would've been able to see it.

We made a stop through One Man's Dream.

IMG_E4254.JPG

I love Steamboat Willie. It's the ringtone on my phone. I smile every time my phone rings.

IMG_E4257.JPG

All of the sudden someone is shouting "Make way, Step aside"

IMG_E4258.JPG

IMG_E4259.JPG

How cool is that!!

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
IMG_E4260.JPG

After we wandered around a bit and filled some big shoes it was time for our last FP, Star Tours

IMG_E4261.JPG

IMG_E4262.JPG

I have to admit, I have to close my eyes for a good portion of this ride. I can handle roller coasters but the screens that move make me feel bad.

After exiting we saw that Olaf had a very short wait. While walking through his que this little guy was hanging around.

IMG_E4263.JPG

IMG_E4264.JPG

IMG_E4265.JPG

Olaf seemed to have an obsession with C's Magicband. Not sure what he was trying to say but C enjoyed the extra attention.

Who wants to eat at Mama Melrose's!!?

IMG_E4269.JPG

There's that pizza box @Tuvalu

IMG_E4270.JPG

I enjoyed this restaurant immensely. I would have loved one of those tables under the pretty lights but I unfortunately had this view.

IMG_E4274.JPG

:hilarious: I was actually ok with my brick wall. My plan from 180 days ago was the famous charred steak. Guess who didn't get the charred steak? I was feeling ok but didn't want to chance it. So C and I split the Margherita flatbread and the Mama's Italian Pasta.

IMG_E4275.JPG

The flatbread didn't do a whole lot for me, sorry @TrolleyFollower91 but that pasta was fantastic, so much better than Olive Garden. :rolleyes:
Those large cloves of garlic and the tomato chunks were so good. The noodles were cooked perfect. YUM. I was actually disappointed that I shared with C. I feel like my CM was feeling short changed since we were splitting an entree,(I didn't feel the need to tell him my stomach was having issues) but he was still attentive. I made sure and tipped well even though we didn't spend too much. No dessert for us, we had a plan........

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom