Trip Report The HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!...oh and congratulations report. COMPLETED

The day had arrived! June 25th. C and I were finally going on our Mother-Daughter trip to Disney! We are now part of an elite club of ladies!

I had just gotten back from a wonderful wine trip to Traverse City Michigan with E, my oldest daughter, the night before so I was a little tired to begin with plus I caught a "bug" and wasn't feeling quite myself, luckily it was starting to taper by my second day at Disney.

Our drive to Detroit airport was uneventful and we breezed past security. We flew with Delta and just have to say I loved both times we've used them.
Whoo Hoo!! That's our plane!
IMG_E4127.JPG

Warning... 95% of the photos on this trip were with my phone. I wanted to be in the moment and not carry my camera. I did take all our evening pictures at Epcot with my Sony A6000, which I haven't been practicing on like I should. Sorry @fractal. I also take horrible selfies so beware.

Magical Express was in my sights, just seeing it had me smiling from ear to ear.
IMG_E4130.JPG

We waited a whole 4 minutes and it was time to get on MDE! The bus was already packed so I know our wait to head off wouldn't be long.

Of course MDE was also stopping at AOA and their stop was first, so C and I decided to get off at AOA and use the walkway to POP. We wanted to see AOA and knew this may be our only chance. Little did I know how much this walkway would come in handy!!

Here she is!! Our home for the next week! The backside of POP! :happy:
IMG_E4136A.JPG

I hadn't received a text so I went up to check in to see if our room was ready. It wasn't, but no big deal, it was around 1pm and we had plans to go to DS for some Earl of Sandwich. While talking with Check in I mentioned that C had just graduated high school and was heading off to Ball State University (chirp chirp) and would it be possible to give her a Congratulations pin. "of course" says the CM. Then C chimes in, "your birthday was last week, you should get a birthday pin". The CM is more than happy to oblige.

We head to bell services to drop off our bags and wait for our first bus to DS!

IMG_E4131.JPG

After wandering around for little while we found Earl.

IMG_4133.JPG

C got the Caprese and a side of mac n cheese. I got the Chipotle Chicken Avacado. Thanks @blgauger for the tip.

IMG_E4136.JPG

IMG_E4135.JPG

Although my sandwich was extremely tasty my stomach was winning the battle and started to get upset. I called it quits but not before I tried a bite of C's mac n cheese. I highly recommend it. It was delicious.

We checked out some stores and decided to head back to POP. We still hadn't received a room ready text but since it was after 4:00 we were hopeful. I hadn't seen the Characters in Flight go up and to be honest my stomach wasn't sure it could have handled the heights (this is something we planned on doing) so on we went to the bus stop. If anyone is going to be riding Characters in Flight you may want to call ahead to make sure they are running. It didn't seem very windy so I'm not sure why it didn't go up while we were there. @ajrwdwgirl ;)

One thing I did notice that I found out while on our trip is that the bus pick up for POP is pretty much the last one at every park except for AK. :eek:

Last edited:

DisSplash

Looking forward to hearing more! Sad to hear you only got on Pirates once ... it’s one of my most favorite rides. We once rode it 8 times straight during a rainstorm, and into the sunshine! It was a great way to pass one of those afternoon thundershowers. :geek:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Looking forward to hearing more! Sad to hear you only got on Pirates once ... it’s one of my most favorite rides. We once rode it 8 times straight during a rainstorm, and into the sunshine! It was a great way to pass one of those afternoon thundershowers. :geek:
That's awesome! We got stuck in a couple of those thunderstorms. I was a little bummed about only riding it once, but I'm sure I'll be back. ;)
Glad to have you Rista!

MySmallWorldof4

You have such a good memory, it amazes me when you tag people regarding certain things. I'm always thinking, "how the heck does she remember that"?:joyfull:

It was funny, when we checked in the first time we were told the room wasn't ready yet but we'd be in the 50's and when we went back the second time a different lady said "your room is ready in 60's" :bored: by this time C was over it and said to me as "long as it isn't the 70's or 80's since those era's sucked". :jawdrop: We were both happy with our room.
Cannot agree with the 80's sucking at all. The best decade ever in my opinion. ;) Aside from bell bottoms, the 70's weren't bad either.

Cetta

I know plenty of people that have gone to Ball State since we live only 45 minutes away, my neighbor, sister in law, coworker, and cousin lol Great school! Congrats to C! Love that you are doing a mother-daughter trip, something I can hope for when my daughter is older. she’s sleeping in my arms right now so about 16 years from now. Can’t wait to read more!!

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Yay! Cannot wait to read more. Best of luck to C starting college (I assume next month!) - it is a difficult transition but she'll adapt in no time :inlove::happy:
Thanks for reading! C is so excited! Of course she is also hoping on doing the College Program at Disney! That means even more trips for me. Yay Me! :joyfull:

I know plenty of people that have gone to Ball State since we live only 45 minutes away, my neighbor, sister in law, coworker, and cousin lol Great school! Congrats to C! Love that you are doing a mother-daughter trip, something I can hope for when my daughter is older. she’s sleeping in my arms right now so about 16 years from now. Can’t wait to read more!!
Our family are big Ball State fans. My oldest is is going to be a senior this year at Ball State. C didn't particularly want to go there just because her sister was there but after touring other colleges in the surrounding states Ball State just offered the best Theater program. C was sold, she's so excited to start next month.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Cannot agree with the 80's sucking at all. The best decade ever in my opinion. ;) Aside from bell bottoms, the 70's weren't bad either.
Okay Okay, C is giving me crap for saying that she thinks the 70's and 80's sucked. She just explained she meant that the decorations on the 70's and 80's buildings suck. That was my fault, I misunderstood. :oops: :)

MySmallWorldof4

Okay Okay, C is giving me crap for saying that she thinks the 70's and 80's sucked. She just explained she meant that the decorations on the 70's and 80's buildings suck. That was my fault, I misunderstood. :oops::)
Ha ha! Ooops. ;) I don't think they are that bad though. I really like the Mickey phone and the Big Wheel(I had one.:p) Also had the Obnoxious yellow Sony Walkman.:hilarious:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
It's Tuesday June 26th and C and I hop out of bed like you do only when you're at Disney. It's our first full day and we're heading to Epcot! No park hoppers for us this trip and honestly I enjoyed just knowing that this was the park we were going to for the day and not hem hawing over where we should go and which park might be the least crowded, this was no stress. Anyway... :cautious:

A short story. I wear a very small crossbody purse while at Disney, I carry my phone, readers, id, and a few tylenol in it (I hate carrying those items in my pockets because it seems like it starts to weigh down my shorts). When we arrived Epcot the baggage lines were very long, as usual, so i put the glasses on my head the rest went in my pockets and i rolled up my crossbody stuffed it in the waistband of my shorts and walked through the no bag line. Worked like a charm the rest of the week. Never stood in a long bag check line again.

Ok, sorry, I was proud of myself. :happy:

We were walking through the turnstiles and there she is... the prettiest golf ball ever.

IMG_E4173.JPG

IMG_E4174.JPG

Here we are with everyone just stopping to admire her. Actually everyone was stopped waiting for rope drop and trying to decide where to run to. C and I were headed for

IMG_E4175.JPG

It was a short wait and we were whisked to concourse B. I love this ride, some scenes I could do without. The boaters on the island, meh. I love the polar bears, whale and elephants. That smell of grass just makes me smile! And you can't not ride Living with the Land after Soarin. Of course it was a walk on so early in the morning and I'm very glad we rode it when we did. We we stopped back in just an hour it was over an hour wait. :jawdrop:

IMG_E4177.JPG

We decided to head over to TT and see about the single rider line. Do you see Cady in line? She would panic everytime I would take a picture. She thought I was rude because I stepped out of line to take a pic. I told her If I don't take a pic of what were doing I would forget and never get the story right for all of you wonderful people.
IMG_E4178.JPG

IMG_E4179.JPG

We had a FP+ for Nemo so we slowly walked back to the Land and guess what? I have no picture of nemo. I was trying to be nice. :rolleyes: If it wasn't a FP I probably would've forgot all about it.

I'm not sure what time it was but my stomach was bothering me and I needed food fast. We headed to Sunshine Seasons and that is when we see the line for LWTL is at an hour. Crazy! I knew eating would hurt my stomach but not eating did too. It was the weirdest thing. I grabbed a kids grilled cheese and tomato soup. It came with two sides. The green beans were very good and who can turn away "purse apples" ;) This was actually good and only $6.99. C had to split it with me because i couldn't eat all of it.

IMG_E4180.JPG

After my snack we wanted to go to Figment. This is something that we haven't ridden since 2006. I know, I know, I'm so ashamed. We really wanted to ride it. The line was a little long so we decided we'd wait until later so we headed to the World Showcase! eek!

I remember just soaking in the buildings and flowers while watching people and listening to the music. Heaven, I'm in Heaven.

IMG_E4182.JPG
IMG_E4187.JPG

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
After strolling along it was time to eat at our chosen destination. Tangerine Cafe in Morocco.

IMG_E4188.JPG

IMG_E4189.JPG

Our smiles are deceiving. We are certainly in the minority, TC is one of the places we tried that we won't go back to. The service was good, the location is actually neat with the open seating but It just didn't excite either one of us. I will say that i did like the couscous salad but other than that :hungover:.

We continued on... As we came upon America we saw that Voices of Liberty would start in 10 minutes. We've never seen VOL!! Yes please!

As they came out and started singing it was just beautiful. Then I noticed I recognized one of the ladies, then I recognized another, then a guy....what the heck! Then I realized, hey, that's part of Voctave! Does anyone know if they are one and the same? If you don't know what Voctave is, youtube it. They do so many Disney songs and are phenomenal.
IMG_E4191.JPG

IMG_E4194.JPG

The lady in the light blue can go crazy high.

And we're on the move again

IMG_E4196.JPG

I need to save up and buy my craft beer drinking husband one of these.

IMG_E4197.JPG

We have arrived to the most famous snack stop at Disney, Karmell Kuche

IMG_E4198.JPG

Unfortunately my stomach is saying no but that didn't stop C, she got a cookie that she said was scrumptious!

IMG_E4200.JPG

We found a little table in the shade right before the outpost for C to enjoy her cookie and to people watch.

IMG_E4201.JPG

IMG_E4202.JPG

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
We're on the move again.... we wander into China. "Wait, we can go in there?" says C :facepalm:. We didn't stay for the show but wandered through.

IMG_E4203.JPG

As we leave China we skip over Norway since we'll be back to use our FP+ on Malzen, bad joke, I just came up with it. We head into Mexico which is my favorite pavillion. We have some time to kill so instead of just glancing over the merchandise we really look, I never new there was and actual store. I always thought there were only the kiosk's. We can't skip Fiesta Tour! It looks like a long wait but don't worry it was only a short wait.

IMG_E4204.JPG

IMG_E4205.JPG

IMG_E4206.JPG

I love Coco. The boy that voice's Miguel is fantastic.

It's time for our FP+ so back to Norway we go.

IMG_E4208.JPG

IMG_E4209.JPG

As we're exiting Frozen, I mean Malzen, it is pouring. I mean don't even try to bother pouring. So here we are with a hundred other people waiting out the rain while our poncho's are sitting on the dresser at POP. Does anyone else make this mistake? After 30 minutes I can't handle it anymore. At this time our plan was to go take a break after Malzen anyway. It's no longer pouring but definitely still a good rain but we're tough we can handle it.

IMG_E4210.JPG

We made it to the bus stop and our clothes are still half dry, not too bad. By now my stomach is starting to hurt again, food, I need food. C heads back to the room while I stop by the food court, which is very nice by the way. I see the pot roast and think, man that looks good. I buy the kids portion for $7.99. I took my food back to my room ate it then promptly fell asleep before I could feel my stomach hurt after eating.
IMG_E4211.JPG

I don't know if it is because I'm not eating like I normally do or if this roast really was that good but holy cow! YUM! and only $7.99? I may have to rethink how I eat at Disney.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Somebody recently told me that they are the same people! I can’t confirm, but I learned it on the internet so it must be true. 😉
What she said ^^^^^^^^
Thanks Ladies! I was so impressed, I will definitely watch them again. And you're right Blgauger, if it's on the internet it's got to be true.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
That pot roast dinner does look tasty! It also looks to be a very generous kids portion, and plenty enough for dinner. :hungry: Good call! And hopefully your stomach was OK with it too ...
It was more than enough for me, even when feeling healthy. In the future I may actually start looking at the kids menus. So good too!

Tony the Tigger

as "long as it isn't the 70's or 80's since those era's sucked". :jawdrop:

:jawdrop:

Okay Okay, C is giving me crap for saying that she thinks the 70's and 80's sucked. She just explained she meant that the decorations on the 70's and 80's buildings suck. That was my fault, I misunderstood. :oops::)

:joyfull: (But still wrong :bored:) :hilarious:

I feel so bad about the stomach thing!

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
We wake up from our nap and I'm feeling good, we both are. We have to get moving because we've got a dinner reservation to make, not that I'm very hungry anyway but this was something C picked out. So we head to the bus stop and wait, and wait, and wait. This is C's usual pose. That line behind her waiting for a MK bus never got long but continuously was there. Three MK busses came and went.

DSC04353.jpg

We've finally made it but we have some time to stroll.
DSC04354 - Copy (2).jpg

DSC04355 - Copy.jpg

I suggest Figment since we missed it earlier but we decide not to cut it too close so instead we try a few drinks at Club Cool before making our way to World Showcase.

DSC04356.jpg

DSC04357.jpg

DSC04359.jpg

We've made it to our destination! Les Chefs de France. Meet my new friend.

DSC04360 - Copy.jpg

Some sights while we wait.
DSC04362.jpg

DSC04365.jpg

DSC04358.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom