Trip Report The HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!...oh and congratulations report. COMPLETED

The day had arrived! June 25th. C and I were finally going on our Mother-Daughter trip to Disney! We are now part of an elite club of ladies!

I had just gotten back from a wonderful wine trip to Traverse City Michigan with E, my oldest daughter, the night before so I was a little tired to begin with plus I caught a "bug" and wasn't feeling quite myself, luckily it was starting to taper by my second day at Disney.

Our drive to Detroit airport was uneventful and we breezed past security. We flew with Delta and just have to say I loved both times we've used them.
Whoo Hoo!! That's our plane!
IMG_E4127.JPG

Warning... 95% of the photos on this trip were with my phone. I wanted to be in the moment and not carry my camera. I did take all our evening pictures at Epcot with my Sony A6000, which I haven't been practicing on like I should. Sorry @fractal. I also take horrible selfies so beware.

Magical Express was in my sights, just seeing it had me smiling from ear to ear.
IMG_E4130.JPG

We waited a whole 4 minutes and it was time to get on MDE! The bus was already packed so I know our wait to head off wouldn't be long.

Of course MDE was also stopping at AOA and their stop was first, so C and I decided to get off at AOA and use the walkway to POP. We wanted to see AOA and knew this may be our only chance. Little did I know how much this walkway would come in handy!!

Here she is!! Our home for the next week! The backside of POP! :happy:
IMG_E4136A.JPG

I hadn't received a text so I went up to check in to see if our room was ready. It wasn't, but no big deal, it was around 1pm and we had plans to go to DS for some Earl of Sandwich. While talking with Check in I mentioned that C had just graduated high school and was heading off to Ball State University (chirp chirp) and would it be possible to give her a Congratulations pin. "of course" says the CM. Then C chimes in, "your birthday was last week, you should get a birthday pin". The CM is more than happy to oblige.

We head to bell services to drop off our bags and wait for our first bus to DS!

IMG_E4131.JPG

After wandering around for little while we found Earl.

IMG_4133.JPG

C got the Caprese and a side of mac n cheese. I got the Chipotle Chicken Avacado. Thanks @blgauger for the tip.

IMG_E4136.JPG

IMG_E4135.JPG

Although my sandwich was extremely tasty my stomach was winning the battle and started to get upset. I called it quits but not before I tried a bite of C's mac n cheese. I highly recommend it. It was delicious.

We checked out some stores and decided to head back to POP. We still hadn't received a room ready text but since it was after 4:00 we were hopeful. I hadn't seen the Characters in Flight go up and to be honest my stomach wasn't sure it could have handled the heights (this is something we planned on doing) so on we went to the bus stop. If anyone is going to be riding Characters in Flight you may want to call ahead to make sure they are running. It didn't seem very windy so I'm not sure why it didn't go up while we were there. @ajrwdwgirl ;)

One thing I did notice that I found out while on our trip is that the bus pick up for POP is pretty much the last one at every park except for AK. :eek:

Last edited:

Tobes58

Just caught up on your adventure Zipitidoda. Sorry to hear about the start of the trip, but sounds like it turned out OK for you both.
53 days, and counting down for us, can't wait!! Thanks for sharing you trip with all us!!

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Ugh! What a terrible morning for you two. Poor C!! I totally feel her pain, that's the worst, especially when you're trying to have fun and be happy and your body just wont let you. Glad your nap turned it around!
Such a shame you has a crappy last morning at MK I feel so sad for C that iv nearly got a tear rolling down my cheek and im not a hormonal teenager! im so glad your day got better
Thank you both. You never want to see your child upset but even more so at Disney! :happy: I hate that the one day she is feeling bad is our last day. But so so happy that it turned out to be a great night.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Just caught up on your adventure Zipitidoda. Sorry to hear about the start of the trip, but sounds like it turned out OK for you both.
53 days, and counting down for us, can't wait!! Thanks for sharing you trip with all us!!
53 DAYS!! It'll be here before you know it!!! Thanks for following.

So sorry you had an off day in MK! That's so sad!!
Me too but luckily it turned around.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
After HEA we had another FP to use. It's a Small World. It's 9:30 and that was the only extra FP available. C and I are literally swimming upstream to get to our FP. As we're dodging people I find a woman with a stroller doing the same thing (i'm glad I wasn't her) so I got behind her because everyone has to go around her. I think in Nascar they call that drafting. As we make the clearing and IASW is in sight I look at C and ask if she wants to have IASW be our last ride as Disney. We bypass IASW and head right to Splash. There isn't anything else that is better at this moment?

IMG_E4467.JPG

IMG_E4471.JPG

The wait wasn't long and we had a nice time talking with the people around us. By now it was just past 10pm so we walked slow, I even told C to slow down so I could enjoy it as long as possible.

IMG_E4473.JPG

We did some shopping on Main Street and bought some last minute souvenirs. While shopping I was also trying to do some last minute pin trading. On my HS day I did a blind trade and got a very nice Elsa pin. Elsa isn't my favorite so I was trying to trade it. There just wasn't anything that I liked. I then saw this little girl trying to trade with CM's also. She was having the same luck I seemed to be having. I asked her if she was trading and if she liked Elsa. She's a little girl so of course she said yes. I told her that if she wanted my Elsa pin i would take it for anything she wanted to get rid of. I walked away with a cute Alice pin. I would say it was a good trade. :joyfull:

Our goal was to check one more thing off of our list. The Kiss Goodnight. I heard it go several times while we were shopping but I wasn't worried because I knew it happened every 15 minutes or so. Finally when we had our shopping fill we walked up to the hub. After just a few minutes it started again. The lights on the castle aren't what moved me. The announcement and music just filled my heart. I wish I had a sleeping bag, I would've stayed there all night.

IMG_E4474.JPG

IMG_E4475.JPG

IMG_E4476.JPG

There it is... The Kiss Goodnight. :inlove:

IMG_E4477.JPG

IMG_E4479.JPG

IMG_E4481.JPG

C was ready to go so down Main Street we went.

MySmallWorldof4

Our name gets called and we get our table. Not a window table but next to it.

View attachment 295188

Bread, not the best, actually probably the worst. Cold and hard.

View attachment 295189

C got the goat cheese salad and thought it was good.

View attachment 295190

We both ordered the mac n cheese. I was really looking forward to this even though I wasn't to hungry.

View attachment 295192

Our thoughts. It was a bad experience. We were there for so long. The couple behind us arrived after us, received their appetizer, entree, bill and left before we got our mac n cheese. The mac n cheese was not good, I had such high hopes but it was dry and a little flavorless in my opinion. The bathroom was very dirty and this light fixture above us was moldy. We will not be going back to Chefs sux France.

View attachment 295187

Despite our bad dinner we were still upbeat and wanted to tour the Showcase. So beautiful and a little less crowded then I thought it'd be. It was threatening to rain again but never did.

View attachment 295193

View attachment 295194

View attachment 295195
View attachment 295196
View attachment 295197

We ended up moving a little for Illuminations to find a better spot but it was very moving.
I would choose Les Halles over Chefs any day. Sorry your experience stunk.

MySmallWorldof4

I'm glad I'm not the only one to feel this way, I was starting to feel like I was being to harsh.

Ohhh I love bread too, I would've loved to have it nice and warm and cheese, don't get me started! I really was looking forward to that mac n cheese. Nothing is better than an awesome oven baked mac n cheese. I'd like to give them another chance, but I really don't see it happening. There's to many other choices out there to try. One thing I've never is a crème brulee. Maybe I'll add that to my bucket list.
They make the best creme brulee in Les Halles. :hungry:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
After what ended up being another terrific day we got back to our room shortly after midnight. We did some packing, showered and crawled into bed. We had to be up and ready for DME at 6:45.

As we were walking to the main entrance I noticed airline check in. When J and I were at Disney we flew Delta and could use them to check our baggage. Well, C and I flew in on Delta but flew out with Frontier. Because we are somewhat new to flying I wanted to make sure I didn't need to do anything before going over to DME. I walk up and there is a lady standing off to the side but still by the "wait here" sign. A CM looks up smiles and says "can I help you" I look at the other lady to make sure I'm not cutting in front of her when a different CM looks at me rolls her eyes and motions me with her hands to come up to the counter. Ouch.. settle down lady, it's not like there was a long line (actually it was just me and the other lady) and I was wasting her time. The nice CM gives me a look of I'm sorry about that and lets me know that no I don't need to check in with them and to just go to DME.

Why did I tell you that.... I wanted to let you all know that in the 6 days we spent at Disney it wasn't until the last 10 minutes of our trip that we ran into a grumpy CM. We saw no gossiping, crabby, rude....etc. CM's until that point.

This is the last picture on my camera roll.

IMG_E4482.JPG

No one seems to look happy to be on this bus ride.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
What can I say other than this was an amazing mother daughter trip or as @Tuvalu would say "da bomb". We made so many amazing memories together, I even got a text on our last night from C that said "I just love you a ton like I don't even have words to describe it"! What teenage girl sends that to her mom!!!

No park hopper - this was our first time without park hopper. I actually liked it this way. We didn't think to hard on what days had EMH to make our choice, we picked our park days in the order we wanted to visit them and dealt with the hours they were open. We wanted to finish with MK but couldn't fathom not starting with MK so I purchased a 5th day for only $30 so that we could visit MK on our arrival night.

POP - I wasn't the most excited about staying at a value resort but will say that it was very nice and I would definitely stay there again. The room refurb was excellent and we didn't have any problem with the room being too small with both beds down (we left them both down our entire stay), I've seen people complain about it on other threads. The one complaint I have about POP is every night leaving the parks POP and AOA's bus que's were packed while the other resorts only had a dozen people in the lines. Every night there was a wait for multiple buses before we could get on. We did take the AOA bus a few times and walked to our room on the bridge connecting the two resorts. The other bus issue is POP's bus stop is the last stop at 3 of the parks and Disney Springs. It's a long walk. :arghh: :rolleyes:

MDE - This is the first time I've had problems with the wifi and MDE while at Disney. I couldn't get MDE to load half the time and when I did there weren't any FP+ left, I think we were able to get fantasmic on our HS night and IASW on our MK night and that's it.

Dining - Mamma Melrose was a surprise and we'll definitely be going back, same with The Plaza :hungry:. Unfortunately we won't go back to Chef's de France or Tangerine Cafe, I'm glad I tried TC but won't go back, more for @lostpro9het and @imahistorygeek.

Shows and CM's - The shows were a highlight for me this time. I don't think there was one bad show. CM's were smiling and seemed happy to be there, minus my last CM.

Midday break - This is something we've always done but in the past we would hang out at the pool but I'm guessing due to my stomach issues and hopefully not old age I was more tired than usual so the naps really helped me get a second wind for the evenings. Other than our visit from Aunt Flo on friday our spirits stayed up all week.

I'll stop dragging this on and finish up his report.

Our next trip won't be for a few years. My boys ( J and Z ) want to do another mountain vacation and gulf of mexico vacation. I would love to try to squeeze in a cruise for my 25th Anniversary in 2020 but who knows if that will happen, I better start saving now but these kids of mine are getting more expensive and my house is in need of a new roof. :grumpy:

Thank you all for following along!! :happy:

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Thanks for the credit. I knew you’d have an awesome mother/daughter trip! 😊
Your my go to! Well you, the prophet and puddin'

Yay! So glad you had a great trip! Thanks for sharing it with us!
You're welcome! I love going back and reading the reports, especially when I've got the blues.

Great report!! Glad you had fun!!
I have a reservation next month for Chefs de France(I've never ate there). I must
say I'm a bit nervous about it....
I'm hoping we had an off night and hope your experience is much better. Make sure and let us know!!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Enjoyed your TR and thank you for sharing your experiences. The reason I like reading TRs is because each person has his/her own preferences, and what worked out well, and what didn't. And as most of us have learned from previous trips, as long as you can go with the flow (and realize that sometimes there will be a few bumps in the road), any trip can be fun.

But all that aside, I'm happy that your mother/daughter trip was a happy one overall, and now you both will have pleasant memories. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom