Trip Report The Happiest Birthday on Earth!

Our last trip was February 2023 - an amazing first trip as a family of three!

321792552_1303662130482477_1860159214516456918_n.jpg

It was SUCH a great trip and we had so many amazing memories made together.

We decided our next trip would be right before Nora's 3rd birthday, December of 2024. We even booked right away as soon as we could! Art of Animation family suite from December 1st - December 7th of 2024.

Okay so... now what? We have to wait THAT LONG to go again?

Fast forward to late September of this year. Work was hard. Parenting was hard. Ian looks at me and says, "wouldn't it be cool to go to Disney just us for your birthday?" I mean... YEAH, DUH. But was it possible?! My birthday is November 7th!

We crunch some numbers. I am not typically an All-Star Resorts type of girly, but at just over a $100 a night.. this just might work. Now for flights. Somehow roundtrip flights from Boston to MCO are looking achievable.

Okay. Now what about the little 21-month-old who we are not going to haul down to Florida for a two-night trip? Quick call to my mom and she is on board to watch her!

329046274_4268897186567446_7456757783717205796_n.jpg

Sorry Nora - you'll be back in 2024!

So, buckle up for a whirlwind 2-night trip for my birthday. It was everything I could've asked for!! 😍

erstwo

Loved reading this report! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Looking forward to the next one - time flies! Is the next trip the one where you might cross paths with @k8einwdw ?? (Maybe I made that up in my mind, but I was thinking you both might be at WDW at the same time this year?) Because I think a Nora/ Lincoln crossover trip report might just be what the world needs! 😄 ❤️

k8einwdw

Loved reading this report! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Looking forward to the next one - time flies! Is the next trip the one where you might cross paths with @k8einwdw ?? (Maybe I made that up in my mind, but I was thinking you both might be at WDW at the same time this year?) Because I think a Nora/ Lincoln crossover trip report might just be what the world needs! 😄 ❤️
Yes, we’ll be there the same week this year!

Saturday Night Live Yes GIF

annienevells

Original Poster
A couple changes as of late that are noteworthy...

We made a small change to our December 2024 trip. Changing our dates from 1-8 to the 3-10. I had been tracking flight rates and they were cheapest $650+/pp for our original dates. and that was for a 7pm flight that we would never actually do with Nora!!! Flights for the 3-10 are tracking at less than half that cost. So.. change was made and no impact to our cost of stay. PHEW.

Another update.

Ian and I were hoping to take a short trip to Iceland this March to see the Northern Lights. It is a bucket list item for Ian. But then... winter started hitting here in Maine. and the cold crept in. and the snow started falling. and our guilt about traveling (again) without Nora struck.

SO. We are instead going to WDW with Nora March 1-6!! I am SO excited that this will be a 2 trip year for us!!!

Excited Season 2 GIF by The Office

cgersic

Waahhooo!!! Nothing like multiple trips to the World to make a New Year better!! Sorry you're missing out on Iceland, but I've heard there are more eruptions happening? Better to be safe in the Bubble 😃

I took the opportunity to respond to some birthday texts and to check in with my mom on Nora. She was having a great time with her grandparents.

View attachment 759624
Hey,

This is my first trip report I'm reading reading ahead of our visit in April. I am loving this!

However can I say how much I love this picture! I'm from the UK and I'm embarrassed to say far too many people do not rearward face their children.

My son Ethan will be three in April (we're visiting for his birthday!) and he's RWF still. Love it!

Also love seeing all the pixie dust you're receiving. Hoping little man will also get lucky.

annienevells

Original Poster
Hey,

This is my first trip report I'm reading reading ahead of our visit in April. I am loving this!

However can I say how much I love this picture! I'm from the UK and I'm embarrassed to say far too many people do not rearward face their children.

My son Ethan will be three in April (we're visiting for his birthday!) and he's RWF still. Love it!

Also love seeing all the pixie dust you're receiving. Hoping little man will also get lucky.
I'm so glad you are on team rear facing!! I'm not super vocal about my parenting beliefs, but that is one I will shout from the rooftops ❤️

I'm so excited for your trip! We will be there in March, so just ahead of you. Make sure he gets his birthday button! :)

sheriffwoody

I'm so glad you are on team rear facing!! I'm not super vocal about my parenting beliefs, but that is one I will shout from the rooftops ❤️

I'm so excited for your trip! We will be there in March, so just ahead of you. Make sure he gets his birthday button! :)
Is it 2 years that they officially say you can forward-face? I can't remember, I just remember thinking it was way too early! I am team rear-facing too. As long as possible!

k8einwdw

Is it 2 years that they officially say you can forward-face? I can't remember, I just remember thinking it was way too early! I am team rear-facing too. As long as possible!
I think it depends on the state as far as when it’s legal. In some states, it’s one year old. 😳 L’s pediatrician recommends waiting until at least three, and I’ve heard a lot of people recommend waiting until they’ve maxed out the height/weight limit for rear-facing in their car seat. I had a friend who was in a wreck a few years ago with her then one-year-old forward facing in the car, and she (1yo) sustained some serious injuries, and ended up having to re-learn to walk. Needless to say, we’re not rushing to forward-face either.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I think it depends on the state as far as when it’s legal. In some states, it’s one year old. 😳 L’s pediatrician recommends waiting until at least three, and I’ve heard a lot of people recommend waiting until they’ve maxed out the height/weight limit for rear-facing in their car seat. I had a friend who was in a wreck a few years ago with her then one-year-old forward facing in the car, and she (1yo) sustained some serious injuries, and ended up having to re-learn to walk. Needless to say, we’re not rushing to forward-face either.

I was always surprised that car seats/booster seats aren’t required as old as here - I would leave one at my sister’s so I didn’t have to deal with the "but I didn’t need to use one on vacation" because here it until 12 yo or 150 cm (4 ft 11 in). And this goes for taxis and ride shares as well (they can and do refuse to take people from the airport because they can be fined).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom