News The Hall of Presidents update from 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

doctornick

I wish I had a dollar every time vloggers were mentioned on this forum. Why are y’all obsessed with them 😂
Agreed. I literally have no idea who practically every one of those folks are or their websites or whatever. And I feel like I’m pretty knowledgeable about the parks and the goings on. They are pretty easy to ignore if you y’know ignore them

"El Gran Magnifico"

Mr Flibble is Very Cross.
I mean. Take the hat off. And we're in the ballpark. (Or put the hat on - and we're still there.)

1628461156810.png
1628461182818.png

Alex1997

Honest observation: I find it interesting that Disney actually has to confirm that Trump will be placed among the other Presidents. I mean, he was President. Why the need to confirm that he’s still there?
I assumed Disney was informing the public that Former President Trump was being repositioned from the spot occupied by the current President. I found it not at all interesting.

DisneyCane

Also let's not make this political, but if Trump wins do they use his current animatronic skin and costume and put it on the more advanced animatronic? Did they just transfer it before when his term ended to less advanced AA?
Another (NON POLITICAL) question is if they would record something new or just re-use the recording from last time?

I post this knowing there is a 97.3% chance that this thread goes off the rails but I'm curious about the hypothetical.

muddyrivers

Also let's not make this political, but if Trump wins do they use his current animatronic skin and costume and put it on the more advanced animatronic? Did they just transfer it before when his term ended to less advanced AA?
I could see them remaking the skin as they didn't seem to do the best job capturing Trump's likeness the first go around and they would likely update the animatronic so as to showcase their latest animatronic technology. At least I would hope they would do so for whoever the next new person would be. In the case of a Biden second term they of course would not be updating the figure as no changes to the show would be needed.
Another (NON POLITICAL) question is if they would record something new or just re-use the recording from last time?

I post this knowing there is a 97.3% chance that this thread goes off the rails but I'm curious about the hypothetical.
If Trump were to get a second term, this would be unprecedented in modern times as the only other person to have non consecutive terms was Grover Cleveland. So I'm not sure what they would do for recording. I believe the first time they did a Trump recording they had difficulty arranging a time with the administration so they may shortcut the issue by reusing the recording. However, it would be an 8 year old recording by the time of inauguration so I would think a new recording would definitely be justified to accurately reflect the individual.

Moth

Personally, I think the show is staying, despite the outcome of the 2024 election. Those who dislike it can skip it and self-select, personally it's not my cup of tea so I've seen it only once. It's an important, integral part of the Magic Kingdom's identity. It's forever remained a bipartisan message that everyone watching can agree on, and I'll be ultimately sad to see it go.

And while I love The Muppets, I don't really wanna see them in the Hall of Presidents?

Sneaky

Personally, I think the show is staying, despite the outcome of the 2024 election. Those who dislike it can skip it and self-select, personally it's not my cup of tea so I've seen it only once. It's an important, integral part of the Magic Kingdom's identity. It's forever remained a bipartisan message that everyone watching can agree on, and I'll be ultimately sad to see it go.

And while I love The Muppets, I don't really wanna see them in the Hall of Presidents?
I Thinl HOP should stay too. Maybe with some updates sure, but I’d be fine with it staying. American Adventure solos tho

Captain Barbossa

I could see them axing the speech and just have him recite the Oath of Office (like the current iteration), which they can reuse the previous recording. If that’s the route they go, depending on the election obviously, I’d love to have a new speech for someone like Lincoln or Washington, in addition to the ones they currently give. Heck, I’d even love to see someone different like JFK give a speech, but that won’t ever happen.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I dunno... regardless of who wins, I'd be 100% on board if they decided to have Lincoln or Washington be the only one talking. Heck, I'd be fine if they decided to have animatronic Walt up there to give a short speech about the importance of the presidency instead of having any president (past or present) talk.

DisneyCane

I dunno... regardless of who wins, I'd be 100% on board if they decided to have Lincoln or Washington be the only one talking. Heck, I'd be fine if they decided to have animatronic Walt up there to give a short speech about the importance of the presidency instead of having any president (past or present) talk.
There's a novelty to seeing and hearing an AA of the current president. For the overall show it's better to focus on historically important Presidents and keep the novelty to a minimum.

As time has progressed it's less of a novelty due to the improvements and advancements in robotics and AI. It probably won't be long before you can order a walking, talking robot clone of yourself to take care of mundane chores.

Bocabear

There's a novelty to seeing and hearing an AA of the current president. For the overall show it's better to focus on historically important Presidents and keep the novelty to a minimum.

As time has progressed it's less of a novelty due to the improvements and advancements in robotics and AI. It probably won't be long before you can order a walking, talking robot clone of yourself to take care of mundane chores.
they were saying that back in 1956.....

DisneyCane

they were saying that back in 1956.....
Very true. However, in 1956 there weren't companies demonstrating robots that can walk. As I became an adult after growing up watching the Jetsons (as a kid in the 1980s) the one innovation I didn't want to see was video phones. I wanted to retain my ability to "zone out" when talking to my mom, for example.

MR.Dis

President Biden does not give a speech - so if Trump is re-elected they will have to make a decision on having him give a speech.
The Trump speech was very generic and could be used again. However, since Biden did not give a speech I think Disney would continue this trend with no speech. It also makes it easier going forward with future presidents to not have to make time to get a speech recorded when a new President is incredibly busy learning the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom