The Hall of Presidents to reopen before Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Leia

63FD3119-C50D-4D4C-9558-31854FD21BD7.png

It’s still showing like this on the app, but I’ll periodically be checking throughout the day.

jbolen2

Well this is certainly exciting. Do we have any correspondents in the field ready to provide live coverage?

We might possibly ride over tonight to watch the fireworks if the little one has the energy. I’ll swing by and see what the status is.

Cousin Huet

Way to not be political.

So, Hall of Presidents closed in October 2008, and didn't reopen until July 4, 2009 with Obama. An 8 month refurbishment which included a re-working of the show.

With Bush, it closed in July and re-opened in "late Fall", a less than 5 month refurbishment, depending on your definition of "late Fall". So, a shorter closure. But that's taking "their sweet time".

Finally, the rumor has been that there was some kind of disagreement about the speech that Trump would make within the attraction, which led Disney to re-think the whole show itself and whether or not it made sense in the increasingly divided nation to even have current or recent Presidents speak at all. They ultimately reached an agreement with Trump about what the speech would be and decided to keep the show as-is. So I don't think that qualifies as "feet dragging" so much as re-thinking whether or not a reminder of today's political climate belongs in "The Happiest Place on Earth". It's a valid concern.

That is being very tricky with your facts, which are all true. When you look at when the attraction opened vs their date of election then it tell a much different story. It was 7 months to get Obama installed and they pre closed the attraction as they were too excited to oust Bush. Bush was not installed until over a year after election. Trump is now approaching 14 months since being elected. Clinton was at about 11 months but only because the guy that wrote the show convinced Disney to rewrite it with his vision added in and they created the whole idea of the sitting President speaking.

The previous President was controversial as well but the media, who controls the narrative, did not acknowledge that as they were too busy feeling “a tickle” up their collective leg as they acted as the publicity arm of that administration.

You can spin it however you want but they clearly couldn’t wait to install Obama who saw countless walkouts during his part at the end and have DRUG THEIR FEET with this one. This is what we all expect so whatever but let’s not ignore the obvious here.

I have a feeling the new show will be a YUGE hit and the comedy it will create will be a joy for all to witness. I’m excited to see ALL of the shows this will cause.

Cousin Huet

My daughter would just like to see Disney but the IP for Five Nights at Freddy’s and make it a really exciting animatronic attraction. I told her Stitch might be a better location for that IP.....consistent with the scare factor that location is known for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom