The Grey Stuff!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Unfortunately, it seems the grey stuff is limited to "special occasions only" according to our server yesterday. He said that it was taken out off the dessert carts and placed "in the chef's hands". He said it seemed that some people were taking advantage of it since it was "complimentary". A shame that some guests have already seemed to ruin this....

And the first offerings downgrade and the place hasn't even had its official Grand Opening yet. ;)

And as long as you get a dessert on free dining, why not make it a choice for that or just sell it.

http://i1.disneyfoodblog.com/wp-con...ff-Its-Delicious-Photo-by-Faith-Gagliardi.jpg

DarkImage4

And the first offerings downgrade and the place hasn't even had its official Grand Opening yet. ;)

And as long as you get a dessert on free dining, why not make it a choice for that or just sell it.

http://i1.disneyfoodblog.com/wp-con...ff-Its-Delicious-Photo-by-Faith-Gagliardi.jpg

At a time where many people around here are fast to jump on Disney for such a downgrade, it would seem that this was a response to guest taking advantage of the waitstaff and their generosity...

I'm sure we've all seen the pictures posted of a simple dollop on a spoon, and from what it seems, that was the intention...a taste/sample...a little something special at the end of a meal...but due to people apparently wanting more and more...and CMs wanting to please the guest...this little item has been adjusted...and that IS a shame...

i do agree that they should sell it, but IMHO the original intent was a more special little surprise. Not to mention I'm sure there would have been people around here who would complain about it, the price, the value..whatever....

I'd guess it will end up on the menu, for sale, at some point now....too bad....it could have been free...

Gabe1

At a time where many people around here are fast to jump on Disney for such a downgrade, it would seem that this was a response to guest taking advantage of the waitstaff and their generosity...

I'm sure we've all seen the pictures posted of a simple dollop on a spoon, and from what it seems, that was the intention...a taste/sample...a little something special at the end of a meal...but due to people apparently wanting more and more...and CMs wanting to please the guest...this little item has been adjusted...and that IS a shame...

i do agree that they should sell it, but IMHO the original intent was a more special little surprise. Not to mention I'm sure there would have been people around here who would complain about it, the price, the value..whatever....

I'd guess it will end up on the menu, for sale, at some point now....too bad....it could have been free...

I understand what you are getting at and I would buy into it if The Disney Parks Blog, Pam Brandon hadn't been blogging about it. Disney themselves kept hyping the Grey stuff, though in September is was Gray Stuff. Now after the hype I should feel guilty because Disney switched gears and going to be selective with the dabble of pudding? Other guests are spoiling it? I think not. Disney divisions messed up not the guests. The restaurants, chefs and Disney Official Bloggers need to be on the same page.

I'm not going to get my shorts in a knot over being able to taste the wondrous grey stuff however if Disney was only going to offer it to a few guests here and there and say sorry to the majority, why blog about it and say you're going to love it, try it? For once the guest didn't mess this up Disney did a fine job of it on their own. It doesn't look like a complex or expensive concoction, just offer it as a dessert or put a tiny dab on dessert plates.

JungleTrekFan

I'm not going to get my shorts in a knot over being able to taste the wondrous grey stuff however if Disney was only going to offer it to a few guests here and there and say sorry to the majority, why blog about it and say you're going to love it, try it? For once the guest didn't mess this up Disney did a fine job of it on their own. It doesn't look like a complex or expensive concoction, just offer it as a dessert or put a tiny dab on dessert plates.

The tiny dab on dessert plates is exactly what they were doing, the only difference now is that it will be the chefs in charge of this instead of the servers so guests don’t get to be greedy and get a bunch.

Not Disney’s fault, Guests fault

Guarantee they do have it, but we are still in soft opening, they still have to figure out how everything can work as best as possible

And as another poster said, for special occasions they do have a whole Grey Stuff desert plate, for birthdays etc.

Gabe1

The tiny dab on dessert plates is exactly what they were doing, the only difference now is that it will be the chefs in charge of this instead of the servers so guests don’t get to be greedy and get a bunch.

Not Disney’s fault, Guests fault

Guarantee they do have it, but we are still in soft opening, they still have to figure out how everything can work as best as possible

And as another poster said, for special occasions they do have a whole Grey Stuff desert plate, for birthdays etc.
Oh my goodness. Disney publishes the yummy, hypes the fans and it is the guests fault the establishment is so green it can't control portions without chef making the ultimate decision? Management is that incapable of handling? Giggle. Thankfully it is a soft opening. Who would have thought pudding would be the conundrum for restaurant staff and management. And now some guests will get more and some will get less. Still laughing, just harder. Visions of Chefs stressing about proper allotment portions dancing in my head. 'You served a teaspoon and a half instead of teaspoon. To the Dungeon you go.' :rolleyes:

Thank you. On election day I certainly needed a belly laugh.:)

DarkImage4

To be more specific...it isn't about a teaspoon and a half vs a teaspoon...it was people being pushy and greedy for much larger servings...dishes or cups full.

Too green to control portions? How about guests too greedy to understand that it's supposed to be a small taste and just a "little something extra"?

This speaks to me of servers doing their best to give exceptional service...

If it was posted here that servers were limiting guests and "only giving them a taste"...it would be Disney's fault for being cheap to the guests and skimping on the experience...

It would seem to me that Disney can't win in some people's eyes....

DarkImage4

It's unfortunate that it would come to this, but if they just put it on the menu and charged for it it would solve the problem. Want more? Buy another. They could make into a thing just like LeFou's brew, if they wanted.

I agree wholeheartedly with this....but I'll guess it won't be done until they decide to redo the menus...

luv

I find it mildly amusing that a company has something a lot of people want...and this seems to be posing some kind of problem, lol.

Sell it!

I have never seen a more DUH topic on a Disney board, lol.

They should put Grey Stuff on the freaking menu. Why they didn't do it in the first place is beyond me. It's so funny.

Briangwen7

chpts.jpg

PeterMarcus

Actually that's not a special plate, the "Try the Grey Stuff" words are chocolate. We got to eat there last night with some friends who were celebrating their anniversary, and they brought out grey stuff for us (one per couple). We thought it was special plates, too, then it started to rub off as we ate it and we realized it was actually a stencil or something like that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom