The great stroller dilema

ninjaprincesst

We always had a Citi mini double. The thing folds very flat, could fit in pretty much any trunk, we rented one first then loved it so much we bought one. Any time we took a bus we always had it folded and ready before boarding.
They still take up a ton of room on the buses and every time I have a seat somebody's suv sized stroller comes crashing into me. Its just rude taking up bus space with a stroller. I know they won't but I wish they would ban strollers from buses.

Club Cooloholic

They still take up a ton of room on the buses and every time I have a seat somebody's suv sized stroller comes crashing into me. Its just rude taking up bus space with a stroller. I know they won't but I wish they would ban strollers from buses.
Well, I assure you I have never taken a space up with my stroller when we have taken the bus and I have always seen people told to fold them up before boarding. Also, unless the bus isnt full, I usually stand and offer my seat to anyone elderly or younger kids.

If you think someone being at Disney with a stroller on a Disney bus is rude, well I suggest you invest in a rental car next time, and spare the families and kids at WDW your indignation.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Just stay at a skyliner resort. Then you don't have to use the bus for at least 50% of the parks.

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
The solution to strollers on buses is simple-- buses should tow small trailers or have a rack attached to the back of the bus that hold strollers thus keeping them out of the bus where people sit
Or. They could provide a fleet of personal transportation vehicles for a small fee.
They could even make them Disney themed, say polkadots. 🤔

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I honestly feel if you are using the buses you should rent a stroller at the parks, unless you have a small umbrella type, the take up huge amounts of room on the bus and it never fails they end up slamming into someone else during the trip. As you said the umbrella is not real comfortable for the child. And to the person making the crack about a 10 year old in a stroller, the OP never said she was putting her 10 year old in a stroller, but if the did so what? 10 year olds get tired, its a lot of walking so if they fit in the stroller who cares?

Same could be said about scooters.
They take up a lot of space and their use on the buses has been on the rise in recent years since so many people have discovered companies that will deliver to the resorts.
I can understand that someone may not have the stamina to walk all day and needs a scooter but if they truly needed it during their entire trip then it makes you wonder why they do not need it at home to get to their mailbox etc.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Personally I don't mind strollers on the buses but I wish people were more prepared when they arrived at a bus.
Your child and belongings need to be out of the stroller and it needs to be folded down by the time the doors open not holding everything up because your kid is sleeping and you didn't want to get them out of it.

I do not have children but I've always said if I did I'd never buy a giant stroller. There are a few I've researched that are umbrella style but high quality.
I'd get one of those so it folds up compact.
And I would be ready when the bus comes.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
This visit our youngest is 2.5 almost 3 (had to sneak in that last no ticket visit for her before to late) and I know from last yr. and previous visits with our now 10 yr old she will DEFINITELY need a stroller. Trust and believe I am not a parent who thinks "oh maybe she will be alright"...no she will not!! That being daid looking for advice on which strollers have you found work best for larger toddlers???
We have are larger stroller(came w her travel system) that gives her more room and the lay back feature and while its not hard to close...because of the bulkiness I think it will be a little ruff using just the bus system via our value resort.
Now we have a pretty good umbrella type stoller we took last yr but has far less room and when she'd knock out for a nap she always looked so uncomfortable as it doesnt recline.
Briefly considered renting a stroller but to me not worth the cost. If any one has advice recommendations or a decently priced alternative stroller give me a shout!!!!!
As much as you may not enjoy the price tag I would rent from the park for the 10 year old.
This way you do not have to lug it around on the buses and before she really needs it and who knows there may be days you do not need it.
Plus the Disney ones are sturdy.
To me if she is in good physical health she really shouldn't need one.
We all get tired. Take a brea I'm and get a snack.

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
Same could be said about scooters.
They take up a lot of space and their use on the buses has been on the rise in recent years since so many people have discovered companies that will deliver to the resorts.
I can understand that someone may not have the stamina to walk all day and needs a scooter but if they truly needed it during their entire trip then it makes you wonder why they do not need it at home to get to their mailbox etc.
Because my mother has MS and cant walk long distances. A scooter enables her to enjoy the parks in a way she couldn't without one. It is slightly further to walk around Epcot than to get to our mailbox 🙄

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Because my mother has MS and cant walk long distances. A scooter enables her to enjoy the parks in a way she couldn't without one. It is slightly further to walk around Epcot than to get to our mailbox 🙄
Ugh. Understood but you are missing my point. :rolleyes:
Most people who require a scooter in the park could walk to and from the bus without one and rent in the park to avoid having it on the bus but they choose not to do that because of cost and convenience. What they are not considering is the room it takes up on the bus.

Club Cooloholic

Personally I don't mind strollers on the buses but I wish people were more prepared when they arrived at a bus.
Your child and belongings need to be out of the stroller and it needs to be folded down by the time the doors open not holding everything up because your kid is sleeping and you didn't want to get them out of it.

I do not have children but I've always said if I did I'd never buy a giant stroller. There are a few I've researched that are umbrella style but high quality.
I'd get one of those so it folds up compact.
And I would be ready when the bus comes.
Citimini. It's very light. I would never want to bring one of those double long ones or one with a bar for kids to stand on, they weight a ton. And yes you have to be ready when the bus comes, folded and ready to go.

Last edited:

King Racoon 77

Premium Member
Most people who require a scooter in the park could walk to and from the bus without one and rent in the park to avoid having it on the bus but they choose not to do that because of cost and convenience. What they are not considering is the room it takes up on the bus.
And that is your medically trained opinion on everyone on scooters 🙄.

The Mom

Premium Member

My parents were able to get around their small apartment, in and out of restaurants etc just using a walker. A trip to a store, doctor's office, etc required a wheelchair - which they could use because they had an adult in good health who could push them - and the distance was still shorter than the walk from the bus stop to the entrance of any WDW park. Fortunately, they both didn't need a walker/chair at the same time. My mother needed a wheelchair just to get around the resort on her last visit; she could not walked from the bus stop to her room. This is true for many people - they can get around at home OK because they are not walking very far - ever. Not even as far as the distance from a bus stop to the entrance.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
My parents were able to get around their small apartment, in and out of restaurants etc just using a walker. A trip to a store, doctor's office, etc required a wheelchair - which they could use because they had an adult in good health who could push them - and the distance was still shorter than the walk from the bus stop to the entrance of any WDW park. Fortunately, they both didn't need a walker/chair at the same time. My mother needed a wheelchair just to get around the resort on her last visit; she could not walked from the bus stop to her room. This is true for many people - they can get around at home OK because they are not walking very far - ever. Not even as far as the distance from a bus stop to the entrance.
I never said there were not people that need it but you have to admit there are those who do not need it at the resort or from the bus but rent one from an outside company for cost and convenience...

Astrotrain

◝⊡_⊡◜
I live 10 minutes away from the parks and use a stroller occasionally for my 5 year old. I'd really like not to, he can do around 3 miles before he starts to become really sluggish and generally is much slower. Carrying a stroller around everywhere sucks, especially when you don't always need it but it is better than carrying a child around at the end of a day.

I have something called the clutch by delta children that fits into a bag. There are people who have easily added backpack straps to it and I'm sure it could fit in a larger backpack as well. It comes with a tote bag though. It's super light, has a sun shade which isn't amazing but does the job. It doesn't recline but the design is pretty nice for light naps.

There's another stroller that's similar called the pockit and there are two versions of that, the regular and one that reclines called the pockit+. They're both around $150.

Alternatively you can rent from somewhere like orlandostrollerrental. It's a lot cheaper than renting in the parks and the strollers are really comfortable compared to the hard plastic. It's not hard at all to hop onto buses with them, it's what I used when I wasn't local.

jaklgreen

Well, I assure you I have never taken a space up with my stroller when we have taken the bus and I have always seen people told to fold them up before boarding. Also, unless the bus isnt full, I usually stand and offer my seat to anyone elderly or younger kids.

If you think someone being at Disney with a stroller on a Disney bus is rude, well I suggest you invest in a rental car next time, and spare the families and kids at WDW your indignation.

When our kids were little, we took our double stroller. We where very conscious of those around us. What we did was, I sat in one seat, my 2 kids(they are 13 months apart) would share the one next to me, and my husband would stand in front of us with the stroller in between him and us. So the 4 of us only took up 2 seats. Or, if we were able to, get the seat that is next to the area with a gap and he would stand with the stroller in the gap to the side of us. We always had it folded up well before the bus came so that we did not waste other people's time. I bit of courtesy goes a long way. But that seems to be lacking now with most people, sadly.

buseegal

what is your suggestion to when someone gets to the park and the park is out of ECVs and yes that happens often very early in the day. plus you have to be able to make it from the bus to the rental area. you cant send one of party to rent it and bring it to you. and I also have needed at the resort so how am I to get around the resort? and I would be taking buses unless you want to pay me to another form of transportation

Astrotrain

◝⊡_⊡◜
what is your suggestion to when someone gets to the park and the park is out of ECVs and yes that happens often very early in the day. plus you have to be able to make it from the bus to the rental area. you cant send one of party to rent it and bring it to you. and I also have needed at the resort so how am I to get around the resort? and I would be taking buses unless you want to pay me to another form of transportation
I can't imagine someone with injuries/problems walking going to and from the little mermaid rooms at art of animation without pain. Especially at the end of a long day. I'm sure other resorts have rooms that are quite a distance from where the bus drops you off.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Another poster taking my general statement too personally.
IF YOU NEED IT THEN YOU DO YOU.
But I will repeat that based on my observations there is no denying that more people than in the past rent scooters and use them on the bus rather than renting from the park.
Btw if you want to get all personal I could tell you about my mom in her 70's who needed a wheelchair but we did not rent a scooter for the entire trip from an outside company.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom