The Great Movie Ride

antoinebusby

Original Poster
I remember reading somewhere that "The Great Movie Ride" was going to open early from its rehab period. Can someone clue me in on whether it will be open during my visit from June 15 - June 21, 2003. Thanks!

no2apprentice

I think today was supposed to be one of the dates...the other one was the 9th. I haven't seen anything else posted since that information (if it was, I missed it).

Hopefully, we'll find out this week. We arrive on the 14th.:)

Jerm

Just looked said rehab till 6/7 and with taht you can never tell if they mean open today or tomorrow....I would guess today?!? Anyone make it to MGM today??????

Jerm

*END OF LINE*

Jerm

ANYONE???????? Come on I live for the info that you guys pass along from that side of the world...............

J

*END OF LINE*

Cartman9

Yes I was in the park today and got to check out the new and improved Great Movie Ride. First off the outside of the theatre looks amazing with new paint everywhere. Now to the new spiel.

The new spiel is totally different from before. The guide is now kind of a movie fan who knows alot about the movies. There are new facts and trivia throughout the attraction that they tell you. The rumored Jungle Cruise type spiel is untrue and the spiel has a more airy type feel to it than a long drawn out one that it was before. There are a few good one liners in there like "ooooh I see dead people" in the mummy scene. All in all the ride looked great, everything looked painted and was told the audio was better due to the upgrade to digital technology throughout the ride. Also the lighting was upgraded a bit and everything looked fresh. I only rode the gangster show and that character also has a few new lines too so that was kind of different as well. All in all it is a definate must see and a more enjoyable experience.

MKCustodial

It's so good to hear this. The GMR is one of my all-time favorite attractions, and I'm happy to see DIsney giving it new gas and reviving it, instead of just axing it like they did to Horizons or WoM.

wild01ride

Can anyone address the montage at the end?

Originally, there was talk about adding/removing films and/or music. Can anyone elaborate on what they have done with this portion of the attraction?

Also, cheers to keeping with the spirit of the GMR that we all love! :D

Sean23

I rode it yesterday and thought the spiel was a little different but not that much. The short film at the end malfunctioned for a few minutes but they eventually got it working. Here is a photo I took yesterday:

18720030609-007-med.jpg

magicjay1989

Originally posted by Cartman9
Yes I was in the park today and got to check out the new and improved Great Movie Ride. First off the outside of the theatre looks amazing with new paint everywhere. Now to the new spiel.

The new spiel is totally different from before. The guide is now kind of a movie fan who knows alot about the movies. There are new facts and trivia throughout the attraction that they tell you. The rumored Jungle Cruise type spiel is untrue and the spiel has a more airy type feel to it than a long drawn out one that it was before. There are a few good one liners in there like "ooooh I see dead people" in the mummy scene. All in all the ride looked great, everything looked painted and was told the audio was better due to the upgrade to digital technology throughout the ride. Also the lighting was upgraded a bit and everything looked fresh. I only rode the gangster show and that character also has a few new lines too so that was kind of different as well. All in all it is a definate must see and a more enjoyable experience.

I went yesterday to with a cast member who worked at the great movie ride and he said all that was differant was that the ganster had more line when she steals your car and there was only a differant script in the area of the indian jones part and that was it. I didnt get to ride the A car so I don't know whats differant about that script at the bank scean

Sean23

Originally posted by blackride
I love this ride and I cant wait to see the updates.

Also how was the end movie? Was it updated?

I don't think it was updated, all the scenes seemed to be the same.

MicBat

I really cant wait to ride the updated GMR. I had rode the original one so many times, it kind of started to get boring. Thanks for all the info, guys!! :wave:

imagineersrock

cant wait to ride it again, sounds great....

-too bad they didnt make any changes to the end movie, it sould have used some updating.... ohwell:cool:

AndyMagic

I'm really glad this is open but I am a little upset that nothing major has changed. Four months to paint a ride and upgrade the sound system seems a little excessive if you ask me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom