The Great Movie Ride II - Hype/Discussion Thread

D Hulk

this-20-question-jeopardy-quiz-is-not-for-just-an-2-1648-1583632995-0_dblbig.jpg

ANNOUNCING THE RETURN OF DISNEY JEOPARDY!

Everyone is invited to join us this Saturday at noon (9 AM PST) for another fun batch of Disney and theme park Jeopardy questions. Get involved (and read over past competitions) at the thread here!

TheOriginalTiki

So am I the only one who actually liked Jurassic World: Dominion? The script is certainly not great, but it was so awesome seeing the core three legacy characters get so much screen time together (especially after the bait and switch that was the OT characters in the Star Wars sequels) that I really just enjoyed the film for the B movie schlock that it is. The plot is genuinely awful, but it's bad in a fun kind of way and the actual set pieces in between the exposition are all pretty damn well handled. Low key this has some of THE best practical effects in the series. They've really perfect the blend of AAs and CG, and I think plot hole culture is really holding back of genuinely great some of that stuff is. Again, I'm willing to forgive A LOT of plot BS when this actually FEELS like the original in some ways.

A note on the villain
People are going nuts over the lotus stuff...and yea, the lotus are over-used. That being said, I LOVED that it was actually a deep cut to BioSyn in the books. Having freaking DODGSON as the main villain just like he was in the novel was an unexpected treat, and his death being a callback to Nedry's demise was just such a freaking perfect chef's kiss moment to me that nobody's talking about.

spacemt354

Chili's
So am I the only one who actually liked Jurassic World: Dominion? The script is certainly not great, but it was so awesome seeing the core three legacy characters get so much screen time together (especially after the bait and switch that was the OT characters in the Star Wars sequels) that I really just enjoyed the film for the B movie schlock that it is. The plot is genuinely awful, but it's bad in a fun kind of way and the actual set pieces in between the exposition are all pretty damn well handled. Low key this has some of THE best practical effects in the series. They've really perfect the blend of AAs and CG, and I think plot hole culture is really holding back of genuinely great some of that stuff is. Again, I'm willing to forgive A LOT of plot BS when this actually FEELS like the original in some ways.

A note on the villain
People are going nuts over the lotus stuff...and yea, the lotus are over-used. That being said, I LOVED that it was actually a deep cut to BioSyn in the books. Having freaking DODGSON as the main villain just like he was in the novel was an unexpected treat, and his death being a callback to Nedry's demise was just such a freaking perfect chef's kiss moment to me that nobody's talking about.
Haven't seen it yet. The reviews weren't encouraging but this review does give me a little bit of hope for at least some quality nostalgia.

Suchomimus

A note on the villain
I really liked this film as well; a lot more than you it would seem. Nitpicks aside (this includes dinosaur designs and using Dreadnoughtus instead of Alamosaurus; that being the sauropod skeleton from the first film), I think this is a decent note to end the film series on. Though there’s still Season 5 of Camp Cretaceous on Netflix coming out this July.

tcool123

This is a truly stunning nighttime spectacular, Im glad to see Disney still has it after Enchantment and Harmonious.

In particular I loved how the show was framed around one’s life journey with birth, childhood, young adulthood, love, taking a wrong turn and missteps along the path of life (and Chernabog), death and the celebration of life.

Much better than Enchantment, and the flow of the shows is set up well unlike Harmonious which has lots of high peaks and low valleys in the show.

Plus the songs were a good mix of the usual nighttime show staples and some you don’t hear as often.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom