The Grand Floridian worth it?

rob0519

What Disney charges for Monorail resorts is really steep for most people. With 5 adults, we need two rooms which doubles the cost, so again worth is relative.

We have been fortunate to stay at the GF. My wife liked it a lot. The service was incredible from the greeter at the front door to the bellmen, valets, housekeepers, etc. Even better than those same positions at the CR or Poly. Our second floor room had a view of the monorail as it came around the back o the resort, so it was actually quite nice.

If you would rather have a nice view of the Castle and the fireworks, I would suggest a upper floor park view room at the CR. Plus you can walk to the MK. The service there is close to that at the GF. We've stayed there more than any other resort.

Not to leave out the Poly. Can't say a bad thing about it. Well, I wish they had not destroyed the original lobby, but what's done is done. Launch service to the MK is a great perk. Capt'n Cook's is, in my opinion, the best quick serve on the monorail. Have not been there in about 10 years, so I can't speak for the room conditions, but it is a great place to relax if like spending time at the pool or the beach.

All the hotels have their own special vibe. Visit each for an hour or two and check them out.

Sir_Cliff

I've stayed there once because, for whatever reason, it was cheaper than most of the other deluxe resorts when we booked. I honestly wouldn't have picked it for the decor, but the amenities are really nice and the location with a boat to MK and the monorail is great. It's also walking distance to Poly if you want to eat there or visit Trader Sam's.

I enjoyed the resort, but it would only really be my main choice again if the price was good. I've stayed at Wilderness Lodge before and preferred the atmosphere and would certainly stay at Poly if the price was better. In terms of being "worth it", I think that's subjective. If you're expecting to get pure luxury for what you're paying, though, I think you'd be disappointed.

I will be staying there in a few weeks. I got 2 nights there and 2 nights at the Boardwalk. The Grand Floridian was $450 a night for a standard/garden view room. The Boardwalk was $375 a night for a standard/garden view room. So, $1650 for my 4 nights are an expensive part of our trip, but it also crosses 2 resorts off my bucket list. I will give feedback on my Grand Floridian experience when I get back.

CAV

We just got back from a 4 day stay. We were originally at the Yacht Club. I wanted to add a night on the front end but was unable. I kept playing around online, and a $320/night rate popped up at the GF, so we snatched it up.

I wouldn't pay more than that, though.
The good:
Spacious rooms
Resort layout is not that spread out.
Toilet is separated (by door) from the vanity area ( but not from the shower).
Dining choices are good.
Monorail access**
L
The bad:
No ceiling fans
AC was locked to not go below 68° (and I suspect that number wasn't accurate because I had to pull off the covers at night to avoid overheating.
Transportation options aren't appealing to me. In order to get to/from Epcot (our favorite park) you have to transfer monorails both ways. I'd rather direct bus to Epcot than wait in two monorail lines

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom