The good, the bad, and the fluffy...

CheshireCatStef

Original Poster
So we just got back from ten days at POR... and as I do my laundry and ponder the 5000+ photos that need to be uploaded, I thought I'd post a few observations of what we liked and didn't so much like this time around...

LIKED:
Winnie the Pooh queu... awesomely fun, even if you're OLD...
Haunted Mansion queu... see above...
Haunted Mansion ghost scene, I truly believe this is exactly the sort of thing Walt would have done, had he the technology we have today.
A few early Star Wars meet and greets... got a FABULOUS pic with Zam :)

DISLIKED:
They took away the stepping stones on the way up to the storm slides at typhoon lagoon... wth? They were really cool. Bummer.
Lack of EMH at AK... nuff said.
THE CROWDS!!! I've been going this same week in May for the past 4 years, and I have NEVER seen crowds like I did this year. Good lord. It's like it was summer. I'm thinking Easter being so late really mucked it up for us?
NO SOFT OPENINGS FOR STAR TOURS :(

THE FLUFFY:
Chewbacca was doing meet and greets :)

I'm sure there are more, I'm in the 4 hours of sleep fog right now :)
130 days til we go back, can't wait!

DisneyJoe

THE CROWDS!!! I've been going this same week in May for the past 4 years, and I have NEVER seen crowds like I did this year. Good lord. It's like it was summer. I'm thinking Easter being so late really mucked it up for us?

Interesting!

I just had a friend return from a trip that was from April 30-May 7 - she said there were little to no crowds all week - and that her longest wait was for Soarin at 40 minutes; most other rides said 30 minutes and they were on the ride in 15-20 minutes.

She only had 1 issue and that was the parade and fireworks at MK on Wednesday night and the bus ride after back to Pop Century.

She planned her park days based on Touringplans/Lines recommendations.

MickeyPeace

DISLIKED:
They took away the stepping stones on the way up to the storm slides at typhoon lagoon... wth? They were really cool. Bummer.

Ok I'm sure no one else is going to even notice but that detail was one of my favorites at the park. I even have video of it. I really liked how the water was flowing around the stones as you step on them to go up to the slides.

What did they replace it with? And why?!! Did someone stub their toe and try to sue Disney?

CheshireCatStef

Original Poster
We are night people and I schedule our park days around whatever is open latest and or has evening magic hours. I never saw soarin less than 70 minutes, but I did get fastpasses for the three days we were at epcot. We got TSM fastpasses once, but Saturday they were home when we got there. Probably the masses do what we do. However, having said that, I always plan our days this way, and I've never stood in a line or been stuck in a crowd until this trip.... spaceship earth was around and around the cattle herders, pirates was out the roofed area, it was NUTS!

Nemo14

We were there last weekend, and were amazed at how uncrowded it seemed to be - we never waited more than 20 minutes for anything, but we did skip Soarin' and DHS this trip. :shrug:

Jerm

We are night people and I schedule our park days around whatever is open latest and or has evening magic hours. I never saw soarin less than 70 minutes, but I did get fastpasses for the three days we were at epcot. We got TSM fastpasses once, but Saturday they were home when we got there. Probably the masses do what we do. However, having said that, I always plan our days this way, and I've never stood in a line or been stuck in a crowd until this trip.... spaceship earth was around and around the cattle herders, pirates was out the roofed area, it was NUTS!

It sounds like you were not in the right parks at the right time....I have always told people get to the parks early and you can knock out more then half the park before everyone is even awake.

forevermickey

So we just got back from ten days at POR... and as I do my laundry and ponder the 5000+ photos that need to be uploaded, I thought I'd post a few observations of what we liked and didn't so much like this time around...

LIKED:
Winnie the Pooh queu... awesomely fun, even if you're OLD...
Haunted Mansion queu... see above...
Haunted Mansion ghost scene, I truly believe this is exactly the sort of thing Walt would have done, had he the technology we have today.
A few early Star Wars meet and greets... got a FABULOUS pic with Zam :)

DISLIKED:
Lack of EMH at AK... nuff said.
NO SOFT OPENINGS FOR STAR TOURS :(

THE FLUFFY:
Chewbacca was doing meet and greets :)

I'm sure there are more, I'm in the 4 hours of sleep fog right now :)
130 days til we go back, can't wait!

We will see you at CBR in Sept. Please, Please may we not have those crazy unexpected crowds:)

Magenta Panther

thanks!
It looked stupid to me, no matter how i typed it, lol....

What's worse is when you DO spell it right, but spellcheck says you didn't. And THEN you do a search on Google for the word, and find out that HA you DID spell it right, stupid spellcheck...

Or maybe I'm the only one who does that. I'm so ...

JimboJones123

Was at Epcot last Friday and it was HELL!

Spent a half day at Sea World and it was dead there.

Epcot was busier than any day during our Thanksgiving trip last year.

Davy Jones was worth it.

marrylee

I even have video of it. I really liked how the water was flowing around the stones as you step on them to go up to the slides. ....:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom