The gold stuff?

Kimmah314

Original Poster
Has the gold stuff used to decorate Cindrella Castle for the "Happiest Celebration on Earth" come down yet? I wasn't a huge fan of the gold decor...:p

pinkrose

Kimmah314 said:
Has the gold stuff used to decorate Cindrella Castle for the "Happiest Celebration on Earth" come down yet? I wasn't a huge fan of the gold decor...:p
The celebration is still going on, so yes, it's still on there. :wave:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
warlord said:
well unlike the cake castle the gold is actually adds to the elegance of the castle
I agree. While the pink cake decorations were just gaudy, the gold is an embellishment that IMO can stay.

Tom

Beta Return
I have only seen photos (will see in person June 18-25) but the gold stuff really adds to the elegance of the castle (as someone said). The "mirror" could come down, but the rest really adds something, in my opinion.

EpcotForever82

Yes, I agree on what everyone else is saying. The mirror was nice for the 50th, but needs to go. The rest of the decor is very beautiful and adds the Disney touch. :cool:

-Space

Tinkrbell

Does anyone know if its still going to be up in mid-October? Just wondering because I kinda want to see the castle while its still decorated.
~Kristin

Captain Hank

I like the gold, and I think it's very classy as a temporary addition, but I don't think it should stay past the end of the Happiest Celebration. It runs the risk of overstaying its welcome, like the Wand. However, I wouldn't say no to some more permanent, subtle gold touches.

Valawen9

As a dear friend of mine said recently while walking down Main Street towards the castle..."What'd they do to the castle?! It looks like @$$!" :zipit::lol:

spectro0294

As I stated in a related thread a month or so ago, I like the decoration and I do hope they stay... with the exception of the mirror, I liked it but I like the clock better; besides, the mirror was designed for the 50th.

joeyjoe92979 said:
...they should install that fiber optic lighting system that you see in the background of all travel channel specials interviews.

I agree with you there. They've actually got it in Paris, or at least I think I saw that on a special, I'm pretty sure of it.

ToTBellHop

spectro0294 said:
As I stated in a related thread a month or so ago, I like the decoration and I do hope they stay... with the exception of the mirror, I liked it but I like the clock better; besides, the mirror was designed for the 50th.

I agree with you there. They've actually got it in Paris, or at least I think I saw that on a special, I'm pretty sure of it.
Yep...they used it for their Wishes last summer.

Main Street USA

No one asked me, but as much as I like the gold for the celebration, I prefer the classic look of the original Cinderella Castle. I would assume it's all coming down after the celebration. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom