The gold stuff?

niteobsrvr

Main Street USA said:
No one asked me, but as much as I like the gold for the celebration, I prefer the classic look of the original Cinderella Castle. I would assume it's all coming down after the celebration. ;)

Its all welded to the castle frame, I wouldn't expect it to come down too quickly.

Main Street USA

niteobsrvr said:
Its all welded to the castle frame, I wouldn't expect it to come down too quickly.
I don't know how they attached it, but I can assure you it won't stay. It's as much of a "celebration only" decoration as the castle cake was.

EchoOfOphelia

I love the gold, I love the way that little hanging circles make the spires sparkle!!

I HATE the wand and the Epcot thing attached to Spaceship Earth. It is now so ugly and all its "icon-ability" has been taken away, that it should just become the dumping ground for all of the "ugly" stuff that added to park icons. I think that it should be slip covered in the castle blow-up cake decorations, and then maybe when everyone gets tired of the gold on the castle, it can be put on SS, too, to make it pretty. :D

cj2me

I personally like the gold.

I wouldnt be surprised if it stays based on pass "celebration" concepts..the MGM Hat, The EPCOT wand etc...

minnie2000

spectro0294 said:
As I stated in a related thread a month or so ago, I like the decoration and I do hope they stay... with the exception of the mirror, I liked it but I like the clock better; besides, the mirror was designed for the 50th.

I agree with you there. They've actually got it in Paris, or at least I think I saw that on a special, I'm pretty sure of it.

Is this what you mean?

Disney_Paris_Dec_04_132.jpg

I really like it - this was the castle in Paris at Christmas 2004. I don't know if the lights are still there. You can't really see them in the daytime.

CTXRover

I would like to see the gold and silver/sequin swirls to stay around the turrets, but everything else should go. In fact, I think they should take that idea and make it a bit more permanent looking with "real" gold rods around the turrets vs the flat painted strips that are made to look 3-dimensional from a distance that they have now.

I love the way the castle looks with the 50th stuff, but I really think it should return to more of its classic look. Specifically, I really want the character statuettes and the large mirror to come down after the 50th is over.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Some of the gold accents can stay, but the gold characters and mirror have to go - the mirror blocks out my clock! I proposed under that clock, I want it back!

wdizneew

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by spectro0294
As I stated in a related thread a month or so ago, I like the decoration and I do hope they stay... with the exception of the mirror, I liked it but I like the clock better; besides, the mirror was designed for the 50th.

I agree with you there. They've actually got it in Paris, or at least I think I saw that on a special, I'm pretty sure of it.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Yep...they used it for their Wishes last summer.

i thought the Wishes at Disneyland Paris used lasers, not fiber optics because i know i read somewhere (i think dlrp.co.uk) saying that the park installed a platform hiding the lasers that project on to the castle

wdizneew

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by spectro0294

Yep...they used it for their Wishes last summer.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

i thought the Wishes at disneyland paris used lasers, not fiber optics because i know i read somewhere (i think dlrp.co.uk) saying that the park installed a platform hiding the lasers that project on to the castle

Boray

I LOVE the gold on the castle. It is especially beautiful as you come in to the park via the ferry boat. When the sun is shining, the castle just sparkles. They can leave the gold up there as long as they want. :sohappy:

The wand on the other hand... :hurl:

Teenchy

The bling bling was a nice touch for the 50th but why do we have to change everything? I would be shocked if it stayed up. The castle is THE iconic symbol of Disney (besides the Mouse of course).

Hey lets add gold to the top of Mickeys ears!

I view it a bit like Mickey...he sometimes dresses up in different outfits to fit the occasion but he still has his regular, familiar outfit that he wears most of the time. :)

Main Street USA

cj2me said:
I personally like the gold.

I wouldnt be surprised if it stays based on pass "celebration" concepts..the MGM Hat, The EPCOT wand etc...
Well, before the hat at MGM was ever started, they knew it was staying for good.

Captain Hank

cnfdrate1 said:
I will be there Christmas of this year through New Year. Do you all know if the Gold overlay will still be up when I get there?

Johnny
Likely not. The Happiest Celebration ends in September, unless, of course, they decide to extend it.

Ariellen

I think that the current Cinderella Castle decorations are very lovely, and as classy as the cake was tacky. But I hope that they come down after the Celebration.

The mirror will have to come down; it says '50' in the crown. (Which is why IMO, it shouldn't change pictures; it should stay on Sleeping Beauty Castle- Disneyland, but hey...)

And the characters are fun for now, but I really think they'd wear out their welcome quickly if they stayed up past the celebration.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom