The GMR Control Panel

APirateoftheCaribbean

Original Poster
Hello! So as GMR's closing anniversary is coming in 10 days, I decided to make a 3d model of the ride vehicle. Since I'm a huge GMR fan, I wanted everything to be as accurate as possible. And I'm almost near completion as well. But I was wondering if anyone knew the layout of the control panel that the tour guide uses? Including what each button does, location, labels, etc. Thanks for the help.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Hello! So as GMR's closing anniversary is coming in 10 days, I decided to make a 3d model of the ride vehicle. Since I'm a huge GMR fan, I wanted everything to be as accurate as possible. And I'm almost near completion as well. But I was wondering if anyone knew the layout of the control panel that the tour guide uses? Including what each button does, location, labels, etc. Thanks for the help.
D57DDC15-C7A3-4781-A912-B2107C290FB1.jpeg
86EBCC93-3025-4C95-8F28-799381022D75.jpeg

APirateoftheCaribbean

Original Poster
So, I'm no ride operator, but I'm guessing the "forward buttons" are indicators, "A and B" are indicators, "Battery ok" is an indicator. As well as "E-Stop Reset." And in "route select" "A and B" are the different shows, "S" is for Service, and "M" is the maintenance route. "Dialogue Panel" once again is an indicator. "Check diag. panel" is also an indicator. Spiel Start is a button, as well as spare, and checkout.

Rob562

So, I'm no ride operator, but I'm guessing the "forward buttons" are indicators, "A and B" are indicators, "Battery ok" is an indicator. As well as "E-Stop Reset." And in "route select" "A and B" are the different shows, "S" is for Service, and "M" is the maintenance route. "Dialogue Panel" once again is an indicator. "Check diag. panel" is also an indicator. Spiel Start is a button, as well as spare, and checkout.

Not positive, but I think the S of ABSM is for when they're only running one vehicle in that group. (Called "Short pack" maybe?) In that mode the car needs to know to act like B show (Gangster) for most of the ride, but pull forward to the A parking spot in Oz.

Also, I don't know which one it is, but one of the buttons has to be pressed when moving the speed selector out of Park for it to do anything. That prevents anything from happening if a guest reached over and pulled the lever down while the CM was out of the vehicle. (Or maybe it acted like a car's brake interlock where it has to be depressed to even be able to move the gear shift out of park in the first place)
Friend-of-a-friend was a GMR CM, told me that eons ago.

-Rob

JoeCamel

Not positive, but I think the S of ABSM is for when they're only running one vehicle in that group. (Called "Short pack" maybe?) In that mode the car needs to know to act like B show (Gangster) for most of the ride, but pull forward to the A parking spot in Oz.

Also, I don't know which one it is, but one of the buttons has to be pressed when moving the speed selector out of Park for it to do anything. That prevents anything from happening if a guest reached over and pulled the lever down while the CM was out of the vehicle. (Or maybe it acted like a car's brake interlock where it has to be depressed to even be able to move the gear shift out of park in the first place)
Friend-of-a-friend was a GMR CM, told me that eons ago.

-Rob
My thought would be the S is for "single" operation if indeed that is what it is for
To the OP diag.panel is "diagnostic panel". This must have some intelligence built in to detect and display faults that happen to speed testing and repair.
Much like the check engine light on an automobile it tells the operator there is an issue and a fault stored in memory.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom