the ghosts

collier

If you are talking about the ghosts in the "hitch-hiking ghosts" scene, you are simply looking into a 2 way mirror. The ghost are on a similar track as the "doom-buggy", and are carefully sync'd every day.

Chestermunch

Originally posted by walthimself05
how do they make the ghosts so real?
never understood that

You must be talking about the singing heads right?

Simply, it's a film of an actual person projected onto a 3 dimensional white model head. Very effective though!

nedell

Tower of terror info

Is there a site similar to doombuggies for the tower of terror?

(I've been to tower-of-terror.com, and while it's a great site, it doesn't explain the technology and effects used to create the ride in anything like the detail of doombuggies.)

isnet396

Re: Tower of terror info

Originally posted by nedell
Is there a site similar to doombuggies for the tower of terror?

(I've been to tower-of-terror.com, and while it's a great site, it doesn't explain the technology and effects used to create the ride in anything like the detail of doombuggies.)

What are you interested in knowing? I have a lot of info.....

Ian

WDWFREAK53

Speaking of ToT...are they adding new effects to it??? I read somewhere (I believe it was HERE actually) that they were adding a "smoke" effect to it...is this true???

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
Speaking of ToT...are they adding new effects to it??? I read somewhere (I believe it was HERE actually) that they were adding a "smoke" effect to it...is this true???

Yup, they are adding some effects to it, and working on the new drop profiles as well. :)

Check out the latest issue of Disney Magazine with Lilo & Stitch on the front and there is a page long article about the Hollywood Tower Hotel that is being built at DCA.

It's going to be bigger than WDW and feature a brand new effect. ;)

Timekeeper

Window

How is the window at the end of the hall effect created?

It moves (seemingly floating), morphs, shatters. My guess is that it's a film projection on a screen (blank piece of wall) about the size of the window - with simple mechanics behind it which allow it to pivot on 2 axis.

Am I way off?

Tk

walthimself05

Original Poster
Re: Re: Tower of terror info

Originally posted by isnet396

What are you interested in knowing? I have a lot of info.....

Ian

In the ballroom, I kno its using a piece of glass or sumthin but it just doesnt fit together for me

woofboy111

Re: Re: Re: Tower of terror info

Originally posted by walthimself05

In the ballroom, I kno its using a piece of glass or sumthin but it just doesnt fit together for me

Take a cd case and something that glows in the dark. Dim the lights and hold a black light over it the whole thing. open the case and put the clear part diagional to the other half of it. Then put the glow in the dark object off to the side of tthe diagional clear plastic and turn on the blacklight. It's really suprizing how well it works.

For more help, check out this website...

http://www.phantasmechanics.com/pepper.html

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom