The Gaming Industry: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

erasure fan1

Not that this trailer shows all that much, or that it was ever really a question, but borderlands 3 is coming officially! I loved the first 2 and I just hope the 3rd is the same formula and not games as service.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

Not that this trailer shows all that much, or that it was ever really a question, but borderlands 3 is coming officially! I loved the first 2 and I just hope the 3rd is the same formula and not games as service.

Based on that almost painful presentation at PAX, I think it will be more of the same. They even joked about it being a battle royale style game.

I am expecting exactly what we got from Borderlands 2; an improvement over the predecessor with DLC well worthy of the extra money.

erasure fan1

Based on that almost painful presentation at PAX, I think it will be more of the same. They even joked about it being a battle royale style game.

I am expecting exactly what we got from Borderlands 2; an improvement over the predecessor with DLC well worthy of the extra money.
Well that's what everyone wants so hopefully they don't pull a Bethesda and fallout 76 this. This is one of my most anticipated games of the last 5yrs or so. My one hope is that they don't skimp on the content and map size.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Well that's what everyone wants so hopefully they don't pull a Bethesda and fallout 76 this. This is one of my most anticipated games of the last 5yrs or so. My one hope is that they don't skimp on the content and map size.
I am fairly optimistic with BL3. A billion guns and multiple vaults on multiple planets should be a step up from BL2.

My big hope is they put in a crafting element to the equipment. The one thing I dislike about all three previous games was a level 20 gun that you like is basically worthless by level 25. I would love a legal way to upgrade them similar to what you can do in Destiny.

erasure fan1

I am fairly optimistic with BL3. A billion guns and multiple vaults on multiple planets should be a step up from BL2.

My big hope is they put in a crafting element to the equipment. The one thing I dislike about all three previous games was a level 20 gun that you like is basically worthless by level 25. I would love a legal way to upgrade them similar to what you can do in Destiny.
Yea that would be nice. Maybe they get the billion guns with different attachments for the guns. I would love to find a cool base gun then add a mod that does elemental damage and say a scope. That, coupled with multiple planets and vaults and sprinkle in more post game bosses like teramorphis and the game could be one of the greatest ever.

Mike S

Original Poster
Is it bad to hope for FF7 news this year with potential Final Fantasy DLC added to KH3 as cross promotion?

I'll assume it is and stick to checking back in 5 years... 😥
I’m just going by Square Enix’s reputation with this stuff and making a joke. I have no info.

Mike S

Original Poster
Almost zero chance. AAA third party titles don't go to Switch. I'd pay inordinate sums of money for a Switch port of Red Dead 2.

Also, cinematic trailers for games are lame. Show me gameplay.
Doom, Doom Eternal, Wolfenstein 2, Mortal Kombat 11, Hellblade, etc.

Plenty of games have proven it can happen. Something like Red Dead 2 would be impossible due to its huge scope and insane detail but something like this could possibly work. Then again, it’s EA.

erasure fan1

Doom, Doom Eternal, Wolfenstein 2, Mortal Kombat 11, Hellblade, etc.

Plenty of games have proven it can happen. Something like Red Dead 2 would be impossible due to its huge scope and insane detail but something like this could possibly work. Then again, it’s EA.
While the switch has done well with just under 18mil units, I still think it has a long way to go before developers take it seriously. As of now I think most 3rd parties think it's a mario, zelda, pokemon system. It's really up to nintendo to go out and invest in getting AAA games onto the switch. But I think they are content with being the niche system of the 3. I don't see them going to Bethesda and giving them a bunch of money to ensure ES6 gets a switch version. It's just not their style.

Mike S

Original Poster
While the switch has done well with just under 18mil units, I still think it has a long way to go before developers take it seriously. As of now I think most 3rd parties think it's a mario, zelda, pokemon system. It's really up to nintendo to go out and invest in getting AAA games onto the switch. But I think they are content with being the niche system of the 3. I don't see them going to Bethesda and giving them a bunch of money to ensure ES6 gets a switch version. It's just not their style.
It’s over 32 million...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom