News The game arcade is set to return to Disney's Contemporary Resort

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
And Captain Hook’s Pirate Crew at the BC is replacing Pixar Play Zone, in terms of a kids’ club offering? While not bad for parents staying on Crescent Lake, something along the monorail is needed. Gee...they could reopen Lilo’s Playhouse, but that would make too much sense.

TriSeb

Fingers crossed they bring back the Tron Legacy pinball machine. Many a memory I have playing after pool time with my boys.

fngoofy

I'd prefer they kick it old school and put the arcade back in the basement where the Wave restaurant currently is.
They used to have a theatre, an arcade, and few tables and chairs and a counter service that looked like it was right out of a 1970s bowling alley.

Games of choice were Lunar Lander, Asteroids, and Space Invaders.

aladdin2007

I'd prefer they kick it old school and put the arcade back in the basement where the Wave restaurant currently is.
They used to have a theatre, an arcade, and few tables and chairs and a counter service that looked like it was right out of a 1970s bowling alley.

would love to find photos of that somewhere.

we always enjoyed the arcade in tomorrowland too, would love to see it come back.

ThatMouse

After 100's of stories about price hikes, tearing down my childhood memories, and ticketed events, it's nice to hear something positive in the Disney news feed! The Contemporary game room was the place I used to save quarters for all year before our annual trip -- when it was down there by where Wave was I think.

jbolen2

Big arcades have been making a strong come back. Kids are so use to technology these days the card system doesn’t slow them down. This is one we are setting up right now for a location, another truck load Monday and it’ll be ready to open next week.

Attachments

• 306B9DE3-1B9D-430F-8A02-2587F76C3DA8.png
    306B9DE3-1B9D-430F-8A02-2587F76C3DA8.png
    220.8 KB · Views: 292
  • BFF41617-BD9C-4ECC-A83B-CB7BA9F2E4E5.png
    BFF41617-BD9C-4ECC-A83B-CB7BA9F2E4E5.png
    420.1 KB · Views: 279

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Are there restrictions in place for arcades in Orlando? I thought they were considered a form of gambling, so to speak. I'm glad they're making a return just not sure how unless they just removed games of chance and ticket rewarding. Love me some old-school arcade cabinets and air hockey!

nickys

Premium Member

I love The Wave, especially for breakfast.

Hands off that space lol :p

nickys

Premium Member
Are there restrictions in place for arcades in Orlando? I thought they were considered a form of gambling, so to speak. I'm glad they're making a return just not sure how unless they just removed games of chance and ticket rewarding. Love me some old-school arcade cabinets and air hockey!

Not sure, but WDW isn’t in Orlando though!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom