The future of WDW

Original19

Imaginationeer said:
Jungle Cruise Refurbishment 1/07-5/07
Could this be because of the much rumored movie tie in? It's only been a rumor since 2004 that Disney has had a Jungle Cruise movie (as well as a Swiss Family remake) in the works...

Imaginationeer said:
Soarin' 9/07-10/07
More than likely "Soarin' Over the World" from Paris.

Imaginationeer said:
I also heard about a long refurbishment of Fantasmic this coming winter for additions of a Stitch Scene
Why not?! He's everywhere else! You know, I liked the movie and all... but does the word overkill mean anything to Disney? Apparently the plan is to drive this franchise into the ground. At the point where EVERYONE hates it... that's when they'll stop. Maybe.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I can't image Epcot trying to function without 4 pavilions.

All at once you'd be down: Energy, Wonders, Imagination, and Mexico. Then in September they'd also not have Soarin' or Illuminations.

Who the heck would go?

Skippy

mousermerf said:
Then in September they'd also not have Soarin' or Illuminations.

But you might be able to open up a few of the others for 'soft openings' in september while waiting until oct. 1st to officially do so.

Imaginationeer

Original Poster
If i reveal my sources, there could be trouble, but I will tell you that I only post when there is something with strong evidence or source.
On another note, Incredibles will take over the two ABC soundstages because they are simply waiting for the 5 year contract with Drew Carrey to end to begin work there.

KevinPage

jedimaster1227 said:
:D I'm keeping my mouth shut on this one because if I said what I had to say, some members would probably have a heart attack when they heard the news... :animwink:

At the risk of coming off as combative - enough with the secrecy.

Either you tell people what you know or don't mention it at all. I always disliked when people come on and try to "tease" people with info.

I'm of the "put up or shut up" mantra.

Have the "cohones" (sp?) to be right or wrong. Teases just make people doubt your info.

You don't have to name your sources, but if you know a wall is going to be painted blue, say it. Not "you'll never guess what color the wall will be, it will be great".

:D :D :D

PhilharMagician

mousermerf said:
I can't image Epcot trying to function without 4 pavilions.

All at once you'd be down: Energy, Wonders, Imagination, and Mexico. Then in September they'd also not have Soarin' or Illuminations.

Who the heck would go?

Well if these are true note that nothing is said about WOL. WOL is stilll there and maybe just because they will need it's capacity for this time frame. The loss of Mexico will not effect much, neither will the Imagination pavillion, but Soarin will be the big hit. The dates only show Soarin doown from 09/07 - 10/07, so it may only be a week or two if they are just adding the new film. Illumination is listed to be down for only a few days.

Most of the shut downs are during September which has got to be the absolute slowest time of the year for WDW, so this may be viable.

So we will see. This could be a increadible overhaul for Epcot.

ryguy

Sounds like a lot of work in a short amount of time. I can't remember a time when Disney worked on so many attractions in such a short amount of time. Correct me if I am wrong. I am with mousemerf on this one. Seriously who would spend thousands of dollars to go to disney when so many rides are being worked on. Sounds lofty to me.

Chape19714

Unless for a few days they only run 1 theatre on Soarin, and work on the other, then switch it. I know this would HUGELY drop capicity, but make it Fastpass only or Not use Fastpass, and it would work. Illuminations down would only effect the nightime crowds. Even with that, I think WoL would have to open with both Imaganation and Ellen closed.

I aggree with KevinPage 100% (see above post)

kcnole

Sounds like a lot of work in a short amount of time. I can't remember a time when Disney worked on so many attractions in such a short amount of time. Correct me if I am wrong. I am with mousemerf on this one. Seriously who would spend thousands of dollars to go to disney when so many rides are being worked on. Sounds lofty to me.

I would agree with you normally, but have you seen the list of how many E-tickets are going to be closed at Disneyland at the end of this year? It's not even worth visiting with as many things being closed as they'll have. However if it makes everything that much better then I'm for it.

Seeing that Disney is closing almost this many major attractions in Disneyland and we have Epcot's 25th coming up, it wouldn't surprise me and I'd be willing to lose all of those for the time being so that Epcot could have an amazing 25th.

If your sources are correct, we'd celebrate the 25th with a new Universe of Energy, a new or slightly updated Mexico ride (anything is better than what it is right now), possibly the rumored soarin over the world update for Soarin, hopefully a return to the past for Imagination, and a new version of illuminations.

That would so far exceed my expectations that I've had for Epcot's 25th that I would be doing backflips. I think I'd make a special trip down to Disney and only visit Epcot for three days straight if that were true. I sure hope you're sources are correct or I'm going to be sending Vinny down there to break some legs.

PintoColvig

KevinPage said:

Either you tell people what you know or don't mention it at all. I always disliked when people come on and try to "tease" people with info.

Have the "cohones" (sp?) to be right or wrong. Teases just make people doubt your info.

You don't have to name your sources, but if you know a wall is going to be painted blue, say it. Not "you'll never guess what color the wall will be, it will be great".

Yeah, I have to agree, too. That kind of posting is designed to get people to beg for more info. So, what's the point? To boost an ego. I'm sure that's not your intent, jedimaster1227, but it comes across that way. No offense meant :wave:

By the way, the color on that wall better really be great. :lookaroun

jedimaster1227

KevinPage said:

Well, it isn't like I haven't said anything about it in the past. In fact, I revealed a majority of the project on my website last week. The latest information can't be revealed yet, but many people can figure it out from my report on the site. So, I am not really teasing, just keeping the turmoil out of this forum (no more arguments over the Imagination rehab subject :lookaroun).

Sorry if it came off like I was doing that...

Sounds like a busy 2007!!! I especially can't wait to see the Soarin' Over the World video. It would tie in nicely with World Showcase.

"Thanks for Soarin' with us."

grandmath

So what would exactly be the Incredibles ride? The innovative dark ride planned for DCA or the kiddie spinning ride that was proposed for Toon Studio in Paris?

CaptainMichael

LudwigVonDrake said:
Has this info been released or announced? :confused:
Not directly, but supposedly, sources have passed it down to our (WDWMagic) sources.

Not saying I don't believe it, but I'll have my reservations about it till they are official.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom