The Future of Tomorrowland? Tron Legacy.

Atomicmickey

Original Poster
Wow, if this film turns out well, I could see a huge presence in Tomorrowland . . . . a virtual future. Lots of backlit panels and digital glowing thingys . . . new rides, maybe new theming for the whole place. What say ye?

tronlegposter.jpg

WDW Vacationer

Anything for a TL update!

TRON could work...although I am not a fan of 1 land being set on one film,which is why I did not like the Wall•E idea.

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Not unless the monry from the movies going into the tomorrowland fund instead of the fantasyland fund :ROFLOL:

EPCOT Explorer

Wow, if this film turns out well, I could see a huge presence in Tomorrowland . . . . a virtual future. Lots of backlit panels and digital glowing thingys . . . new rides, maybe new theming for the whole place. What say ye?

tronlegposter.jpg

That kinda looks like the new queue to Space Mountain? Sure. ;)

MKCP 1985

Tron is never going to be anything more than a niche movie franchise. Since it doesn't sell to the ankle-biters, don't look for it in having any major presence in the Magic Kingdom. Much less an entire re-do of Tomorrowland. That's crazy talk.

Mr.EPCOT

If the film is successful, we might see an attraction based on it. Even if it makes mega-bucks and a Tron experience at the parks is assured, Hollywood Studios is just as likely to get it. I wouldn't count EPCOT out, either.

Figment632

AN attraction I'd like to see is based off of the laser cycles. It would be a simulator but a personal one. The guests would enter a with a number of cycles in which they could control some of the movement.

Mr.EPCOT

Maybe EPCOT will finally get the TRON arcade it was promised 30 years ago...

That's what I was kind of thinking, that really wouldn't surprise me. I could see them taking out the current video game area, and partnering with someone like Nintendo for a Tron-themed arcade/video game exhibit elsewhere in Innoventions. It'd be good timing for a partnership with Nintendo in particular, with Epic Mickey for Wii coming out not too long before Tron does.

EPCOT Explorer

That's what I was kind of thinking, that really wouldn't surprise me. I could see them taking out the current video game area, and partnering with someone like Nintendo for a Tron-themed arcade/video game exhibit elsewhere in Innoventions. It'd be good timing for a partnership with Nintendo in particular, with Epic Mickey for Wii coming out not too long before Tron does.

So instead of SEGA in Innoventions, Nintendo?:rolleyes:

Expo_Seeker40

The Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland is quite spacious, and I would love to see some Wall-E or Tron aesthetics brought into play.

It seems both DL and MK's Tomorrowland have lost their way. It is indeed too hard to predict the future, especially when the future to many doesn't look bright. We are out of the atomic age, and the space age.

Yet, the MK's Tomorrowland has so much potential. Our Space Mountain finally got branded into a StarPort, but everything was done on a tight budget, that the entire experience wasn't completely refreshed nor did everything include new aesthetics.

If we are going to have a Tomorrowland 1994 2.0 (which the refurbed Space Mountain sort of full fills) then hopefully a budget can be created that can have a Tomorrowland for both humans, aliens, robots, etc.

All the remaining 1975 Tomorrowland buildings such as Carousel of Progress, TTA track, Space Mountain entrance building, and some 1971 pieces such as speedway and former tomorrowland terrace....all of these get some future 21st century or later aesthetic change for humans ala wall-e and tron.

And the 1994 parts of tomorrowland get enhancements to complete their look, and hopefully more appropriate alien and robot/sci fi attractions than Pixar.

drew81

I wouldn't be suprised if I saw a couple of Tron characters walking around Tomorrowland. If they want to add something to promote the film that would be fine with me, but I think it well very low scale.

Atomicmickey

Original Poster
This is all based upon a very, very big IF.

IF the film is great, does great business and catches on
in the pop culture psyche. The original film is cult, yes,
(and doesn't hold up well today for me) but they're aiming
high with this one.

As "hailed' as Wall-E was, you don't see people really being
fans of the aesthetic. I can't "see" a Wall-E world, but I can
"see" a Tron world. (That's a funny, Wall-E world, hah! ) get it?

The movie would have to become a phenomenon like Pirates of the Caribbean.
That's the minimum amount of pop culture swagger it would need.

I'm just musing, thinking about the film to come, and the difficulties
that they've had theming TL in MK and DL. OK?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom