News The future of Star Tours, Star Wars Launch Bay and Star Wars shows at Disney's Hollywood Studios

fgmnt

Star Tours is a fine enough ride and I think TAC gave it a few more years. The 1980s version lasted 20+ years and was tired to me a few years before the makeover. I just don’t see the attraction having a lot more gas to be a positive part of the guest experience if it lasts longer than v1. The parks will be overdue for a new Star Wars ride and the tech will be 50+ years old before they actually wind it down.
Also will add in my experience the last few times at either of the parks in the states, it’s not like people are banging down the doors to ride it. Usually a 15 minute wait most if the day. That’s my anecdata at least.

EPCOT-O.G.

That Article even states clearly that the source they're citing has been wrong before. They also state that the show had, quote, an "awe-inspiring debut" with over 14 million households watching. Is that the "no one" you were referring to?

The numbers cited there in both cases seem pretty debatable, given that both sources are questionable (there's a reason Inside the Magic can't even be hyperlinked on this site), but it seems clear there's interest enough for Disney to invest, even if the show may have faltered by the finale.

Not sure who you're telling to relax or why, you seem to be more worked up about this than anybody.
“Better than Andor” but “42% lower than Mandalorian S3” is not an ideal place, viewership wise.

SpectreJordan

It’s just tired

People are becoming quite tired with tired.

And there’s also the myth most travelers are “first timers”…not even close.

Which makes the customer loss in Orlando really damning. They’re beginning to lose a captive audience

Star Tours is a fine enough ride and I think TAC gave it a few more years. The 1980s version lasted 20+ years and was tired to me a few years before the makeover. I just don’t see the attraction having a lot more gas to be a positive part of the guest experience if it lasts longer than v1. The parks will be overdue for a new Star Wars ride and the tech will be 50+ years old before they actually wind it down.
I guess I can see those points. I have noticed that it's often a walk on nowadays. I think ST not being in Galaxy's Edge hurt it a lot. I think a lot of guests skip it nowadays infavor of Rise & Falcon.

If they close it down, but give us a new ride in GE then I guess I'd be fine lol

doctornick

Also will add in my experience the last few times at either of the parks in the states, it’s not like people are banging down the doors to ride it. Usually a 15 minute wait most if the day. That’s my anecdata at least.
That’s kind of a good thing for DHS. The park really needs things to do that don’t require 1+ hour waits or specific timing (live shows). And Star Tours helps that at considerably by being something to do with a modest wait. The fact that it randomizes is even more beneficial as you can ride multiple times with different experiences.

Twirlnhurl

Another reason for the reasonable wait times is the ride's extremely high capacity. Six cabins with 40 seats will do a lot for you!

SpectreJordan

Hong Kong DL has a new-ish terrific Iron Man attraction, using the very ST technology, updated spmewhat. 50 years is a short time in theme parks.
Is the Iron Man version good? It doesn't seem too impressive in videos, but I guess Star Tours wouldn't either.

I wish these Marvel rides Disney makes would use actual villains. The heroes are always fighting generic bad guys instead of characters people actually know. The Iron Man ride should have him fighting like Crimson Dynamo or Ultron or something.

Cmdr_Crimson

Is the Iron Man version good? It doesn't seem too impressive in videos, but I guess Star Tours wouldn't either.

I wish these Marvel rides Disney makes would use actual villains. The heroes are always fighting generic bad guys instead of characters people actually know. The Iron Man ride should have him fighting like Crimson Dynamo or Ultron or something.
I would think it would have been exciting as Body Wars when it first opened....Which is saying a lot..

Imagine if Body Wars did other journeys instead of looking close to a splinter...

SailorMercury

Eson from Cosmic Rewind is a redesigned version of the celestial from the Infinity Stone exposition from the first GotG movie.

That and The Collector are the closest we’re gonna ever get lmao

The Empress Lilly

Yes, Iron Man is great!

I am not into Marvel, I'm afraid that whole aspect is a bit lost on me. But for a superhero experience this attraction is surprisingly good. Just plain fun. A bit like the Iron Man movies then, which after a long delay I finally watched one day and which entertained me more than I care to admit to in public.

Iron Man, just like ST, is all about the movement of the vehicle. A static video from inside the cabin doesn't capture the experience, that just make it look like a rich nerd's home cinema basement.

Cmdr_Crimson

I still wish they would’ve rerouted the exit into Galaxy’s Edge to make it feel more connected.
This is the only way it would have worked and not having Mama Melrose's removed is make a tunnel on this side leading towards Batuu East and hugging the side of Muppetvision.
Screenshot_20240223-223943_Google Earth.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom