News The future of Star Tours, Star Wars Launch Bay and Star Wars shows at Disney's Hollywood Studios

fgmnt

Funny that this 5 year old post is coming up now. Star Tours will almost certainly still be here in the states by 2030… it might even last until 2040. Really fascinating and depressing.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Disney doesn't spend money, belatedly or otherwise, on properties that "no one watched".

Not sure why you'd even make a claim like that when the numbers are accessible and the point easily disprovable.
…you mean THESE numbers?

https:///2023/10/as-marvel-and-star-wars-flounder-on-tv-ahsoka-finale-suffers-low-viewership-aml1/

The streaming show did not fair particularly well…

And it’s a movie for a 1990 issue ride…relax, Francis
I chose not to argue about this. The property is successful and popular....
From the clone wars era…and Star Wars is still popular…despite Disneys best efforts to “fix” that

Last edited:

yensidtlaw1969

…you mean THESE numbers?

The streaming show did not fair particularly well…

And it’s a movie for a 1990 issue ride…relax, Francis

From the clone wars era…and Star Wars is still popular…despite Disneys best efforts to “fix” that
That Article even states clearly that the source they're citing has been wrong before. They also state that the show had, quote, an "awe-inspiring debut" with over 14 million households watching. Is that the "no one" you were referring to?

The numbers cited there in both cases seem pretty debatable, given that both sources are questionable (there's a reason Inside the Magic can't even be hyperlinked on this site), but it seems clear there's interest enough for Disney to invest, even if the show may have faltered by the finale.

Not sure who you're telling to relax or why, you seem to be more worked up about this than anybody.

SpectreJordan

Funny that this 5 year old post is coming up now. Star Tours will almost certainly still be here in the states by 2030… it might even last until 2040. Really fascinating and depressing.
What's wrong with Star Tours? It's not a S-tier attraction but I still think it's really fun. It's a lot better than Falcon is (not as good as Rise but they're doing different things).

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What's wrong with Star Tours? It's not a S-tier attraction but I still think it's really fun. It's a lot better than Falcon is (not as good as Rise but they're doing different things).
It’s just tired

People are becoming quite tired with tired.

And there’s also the myth most travelers are “first timers”…not even close.

Which makes the customer loss in Orlando really damning. They’re beginning to lose a captive audience

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That Article even states clearly that the source they're citing has been wrong before. They also state that the show had, quote, an "awe-inspiring debut" with over 14 million households watching. Is that the "no one" you were referring to?

The numbers cited there in both cases seem pretty debatable, given that both sources are questionable (there's a reason Inside the Magic can't even be hyperlinked on this site), but it seems clear there's interest enough for Disney to invest, even if the show may have faltered by the finale.

Not sure who you're telling to relax or why, you seem to be more worked up about this than anybody.

The viewership plummeted.

I liked it well enough…but there was still something “missing” for what is a great character. Hopefully they don’t reconsider continuing it?

I’m not “worked up” at all. But disney gets no benefit of the doubt on Star Wars. They’ve earned that:

The inference was that Ashoka did well…it did not. Take that for whatever it’s worth.

When Less Than 1/170th of your stated subscribers watched the finale…that’s hardly impressive.

plutofan15

Well, you are dealing with the self-proclaimed expert in all things Disney. If you dare to challenge, question or correct the expert, you will be met with "calm down", "stay in your lane" or some other such nonsense. It is all quite humorous.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well, you are dealing with the self-proclaimed expert in all things Disney. If you dare to challenge, question or correct the expert, you will be met with "calm down", "stay in your lane" or some other such nonsense. It is all quite humorous.
Do you need a hug?

Not “self proclaimed” anything…just opinions like everyone else with hard details sprinkled in…

Got bored under the bridge this morning, huh?

fgmnt

Star Tours is a fine enough ride and I think TAC gave it a few more years. The 1980s version lasted 20+ years and was tired to me a few years before the makeover. I just don’t see the attraction having a lot more gas to be a positive part of the guest experience if it lasts longer than v1. The parks will be overdue for a new Star Wars ride and the tech will be 50+ years old before they actually wind it down.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom