News The future of Star Tours, Star Wars Launch Bay and Star Wars shows at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Casper Gutman

It's almost like they're letting Animation Courtyard languish so that no one will cry if it's razed and rebuilt into something else.
Very, very few would have complained about losing that area since the Florida division of Disney Animation shut down almost two decades ago. It’s been wasted, stagnating space for most of the park’s existence.

There’s no plan, there’s just arrogance and neglect.

celluloid

Soon.*

*Disney time-line 'soon.'
1675097538482.png

Hmmmmm how many years is that going to take? I really wish they’d just restore it to the magic of Disney animation for now. And reopen the shops. That whole area is embarrassing. Also while we’re in this area let’s move the bar for brown derby lounge from the little tent they built into the former starting rolls and make that lower patio all lounge seating…
The Art Of Animation store and the old Art Of Disney at Epcot we’re my favourite stores in all of WDW. I went to the new art of Disney location and it was absolutely atrocious.

yensidtlaw1969

And that attraction should have been Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway.
Imagine if they had "reopened" the Animation Tour, featuring art and artifacts from the history of Disney Animation and allowing you to view Disney Animators at work, and at the end of the "tour" there was a sneak preview of the newest Mickey short "Perfect Picnic", where something goes horribly wrong . . .

They could have had their cake and eaten it too.

celluloid

Imagine if they had "reopened" the Animation Tour, featuring art and artifacts from the history of Disney Animation and allowing you to view Disney Animators at work, and at the end of the "tour" there was a sneak preview of the newest Mickey short "Perfect Picnic", where something goes horribly wrong . . .

They could have had their cake and eaten it too.

With a post show that promotes the latest Animated feature in the works. They would have had some good cake.

yensidtlaw1969

With a post show that promotes the latest Animated feature in the works. They would have had some good cake.
You could even make the preshow about that - imagine if those "animators" had been working on Encanto or Strange World while you were waiting in line for Runaway Railway.

I remember seeing them working on Hunchback on the Animation Tour back in the day and the it made me so excited to see that movie when it came out. It'd be free advertising that's much more compelling than something like playing movie trailers in the One Man's Dream theater.

You could even make the preshow about that - imagine if those "animators" had been working on Encanto or Strange World while you were waiting in line for Runaway Railway.

I remember seeing them working on Hunchback on the Animation Tour back in the day and the it made me so excited to see that movie when it came out. It'd be free advertising that's much more compelling than something like playing movie trailers in the One Man's Dream theater.
And it would also mean they would, yknow play One Man’s Dream in the One Man’s Dream Theatre. Side Note: I love that film and spend at least an hour in the exhibit every trip.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
New scenes are still coming. They are rumored to debut on April 5th, which is when "Season of the Force" begins in Disneyland Park in Anaheim.
Wouldn't that be May 4 as in "May the Fourth be with you?" (For the ride, that is, not the DL seasonal celebration.)

mickEblu

Speaking of synergy does this mean we have to wait for the Mandalorian movie for the new Smugglers Run scenes?

I guess it makes sense for Ashoka to get the older/ less in demand attraction while they save Mando for a new Smugglers Run mission.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom