The Future of DHS

SirGoofy

If Disney does acquire the rights to these characters outright, it will not be more than a few years before Uni abandons them.

Uni is not going to abandon the characters that give them 2 of their biggest rides anytime soon.

Finding Nemo is a great ride for the effects used and the Q line is cool in the beginning, but it's almost always a walk on now. My 3 year old loves Nemo but without a fresh injection of marketing I think Nemo will soon be considered a great movie that Disney once made. How long can a ride or rides be continued without a sequel, meet and greets, etc. People want the latest and greatest things, classics don't draw as well. That's why studios are always trying to reinvent the classics, so the can make money off of a product that has lost a good bit of draw.

How is being considered a "great movie Disney once made" different than almost all of the movies represented in Fantasyland.:veryconfu

_Scar

If Disney does acquire the rights to these characters outright, it will not be more than a few years before Uni abandons them. I doubt they would introduce other Marvel characters if Disney owns them. There are other characters popping up all the time(Harry Potter). Disney was hoping Narnia was their HP but it doesn't seemed to have worked out.

If Disney somehow made Uni get rid of Spidey it would be so much bad publicity for them. Plus, it is very well known Universal can keep Spidey and the other Marvel characters as long as they want. They just can't add anything new.

I would love to see MI2 and Incredibles2, but I won't hold my breath. If it happens then a ride is completely expected. MI has a great future IMO, but it's up to Disney.

I don't see why there must be an attraction if there's a sequel.

Finding Nemo is a great ride for the effects used and the Q line is cool in the beginning, but it's almost always a walk on now. My 3 year old loves Nemo but without a fresh injection of marketing I think Nemo will soon be considered a great movie that Disney once made. How long can a ride or rides be continued without a sequel, meet and greets, etc. People want the latest and greatest things, classics don't draw as well. That's why studios are always trying to reinvent the classics, so the can make money off of a product that has lost a good bit of draw.

Well, FN at Epcot is supposed to be a walk-on. It's an omnimover attraction (extremely high capacity). And tons of rides can continue without meet and greets or a sequel.

Do you know about Splash Mountain and where that movie comes from? Probably not. And Disney doesn't even market it- but it works even if it isn't the new "it" thing.

EPCOT Explorer

Well, Spidey and Hulk are not invited to WDW. Uni has them- and they may also have Iron Man, Fantastic 4, The X-Men, etc.

And MI2 is rumored to be released in 2014. The Incredibles- probably not, but who knows?

And Finding Nemo is a "dead end" movie, but it's still a wildly popular. A movie doesn't need to have sequels to be considered worthy of a theme park attraction.

Actually, that's rumored for 2012.

If Disney somehow made Uni get rid of Spidey it would be so much bad publicity for them. Plus, it is very well known Universal can keep Spidey and the other Marvel characters as long as they want. They just can't add anything new.

I don't see why there must be an attraction if there's a sequel.

Well, FN at Epcot is supposed to be a walk-on. It's an omnimover attraction (extremely high capacity). And tons of rides can continue without meet and greets or a sequel.

Do you know about Splash Mountain and where that movie comes from? Probably not. And Disney doesn't even market it- but it works even if it isn't the new "it" thing.

I don't think they will put pressure on them. Uni will pick up other characters and instead of doing major refurbs and spending tons of money when due on those rides, they'll just retheme or build new.

There doesn't have to be a ride, but it makes marketing sense.

The Q line for finding nemo is awfully long for Disney to think it would be a complete walk on all the time.

Splash mtn, is a thrill ride, completely different topic. Nemo is a tech ride. Got to keep interest or have new technology to get new interest in that type of ride. After you've done it a few times it becomes more of a "I'm here so I'll do it", rather than I want to do it ride.

As much as I'm all for bringing in an Indy ride, I'd rather them not shut down or demolish the stunt show. I remember seeing on here (I believe), the idea of somehow taking JC to an Indy ride. Now that would be cool!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom