The Freibergs are going back to the world October

Were going back:sohappy::sohappy:
We used to live in Orlando and went to Disney often and went there alot. Then we moved to south florida and live about 3 hrs from Disney. In 2004 we got annual passes and went 5 times. Good year. Then in November 2008 after the kids begged and asked for years we got season passes again:sohappy:. We went in nov. 08 and may 09 here is the link below.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?p=3622976#post3622976

Now were going back October 21-27 for 6 nights. This is a big trip because we are going for my daughter Emily's 14 birthday but 3 weeks in advance also my other daughter Amy's 2 month late birthday. This will also be our last trip for a while:(:cry:.

I recently got layed off from my job so this trip were on a budget.

Let me show you who's going
me -barbara
S6302877.jpg

the hubby- Mitch
S6302875.jpg

Emily-13
S6302872.jpg

Amy- will be 11
S6302883.jpg

We will be staying at either the swan or dolphin probally dolphin and for free. We wanted to get free dining but free resort sounds much nicer and we already have tickets. :sohappy:

You can't make ADRs yet but we will be making capemay for breakfast. And rainforest animal kingdom and 50s prime time cafe. We never ate at 50s so tell me if its good or not.

On our last trip we spent so much extra money now were saving. For capemay were doing latest breakfast on our epcot day and it will be lunch too. Also for rainforest the day we go there Animal Kingdom will be having EMH untill 8 so we will have a resort day have bagels or whatever for lunch that bring we also bring breakfast. As well as a cooler of waters to take to the park. Also those individual chips. Disney's price 1.95 walmarts- 6 for 2.50. We are also limiting the kids to 3 icecreams the whole trip. Also for counter service we will get water bottles and carry them. For souveniers were doing what we always do before the trip kids save there change and mitch and I give them change and before we go we roll it and bring it to the bank. And double it thats there souvenir money. Also for pins we will either get a bag of them on ebay are at the parks you could get a pack of 7 for 30$ there small or they have tangrams and you just trade them. If you have any other money saving ideas please tell me.

Where should we stay swan or dolphin on our last 2 trips we stayed at the dolphin so maybe we'll go for a change this time.

I will put up our itinerary soon I'm still working on it.

OMG i'm so excited. Get here already and when you come don't leave

corey154

I'm sorry about your job loss, but I'm excited for you for your October trip, one of my favorite times of the year.:sohappy:

corey154

I haven't been in October in a few years but it used to be great. There's really no holidays except Halloween even close to the time you're going to be there (Columbus day is the 12th this year so it's much earlier). I thought free dining ending on oct 3rd so that might help keep some of the crowds out too.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!!

Disney<333

Original Poster
I haven't been in October in a few years but it used to be great. There's really no holidays except Halloween even close to the time you're going to be there (Columbus day is the 12th this year so it's much earlier). I thought free dining ending on oct 3rd so that might help keep some of the crowds out too.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!!

oh ok thanks
memorial day wasn't really bad at all so I don't think october should be

tink68

We are going Oct 8th-13th and cannot wait. This is our 4th time I believe in Oct and we love it. We always go during Columbus Day weekend so the kids don't miss school. Or at least only a day or two.
I have not lost my job but it is getting there. We are a family business that has been around for 43 years and we are slowly going under. It is scary and sad. Sorry about your job loss. Thank goodness hubby works elsewhere and is in the military reserve or I do not know what we would do. We are still going to Disney because the whole thing is already paid for but we will be watching what we spend. We are going to get garden grocers to deliver some stuff to our room and eat more quick service and food court. When are you guys going? Hope you have a great time. :wave:
oops just read when you are going. never mind.

Disney<333

Original Poster
We are going Oct 8th-13th and cannot wait. This is our 4th time I believe in Oct and we love it. We always go during Columbus Day weekend so the kids don't miss school. Or at least only a day or two.
I have not lost my job but it is getting there. We are a family business that has been around for 43 years and we are slowly going under. It is scary and sad. Sorry about your job loss. Thank goodness hubby works elsewhere and is in the military reserve or I do not know what we would do. We are still going to Disney because the whole thing is already paid for but we will be watching what we spend. We are going to get garden grocers to deliver some stuff to our room and eat more quick service and food court. When are you guys going? Hope you have a great time. :wave:
oops just read when you are going. never mind.

Thanks and sorry about your job I hope things get better for you. I was an art teacher at a catholic school and did all these shows and got the school publicity the parents and everyone loved me but the school doesn't have enough money to pay me. Instead there hiring someone to teach art and science for less money. Interesting combination. I still might get another job i'll find out end of summer. At least the hubbys job is going well. Oh and I did some math instead of having quick service lunch and dinner it's cheaper to do a late breakfast or early dinner. For example when we do early dinner ADRs we will have bagels that we bring for lunch. And character breakfast buffets it will be lunch too and for dinner we will have turkeylegs with probally our chips. Where are you guys staying? Have fun. Do you have an itinerary yet?

Disney<333

Original Poster
O.K I think I got the Itinerary down
21- Day we arrive in park usually by a little bit before 5 epcot with emh untill 12 dinner at umbrella or maybe get subway on the way and eat before we leave room so we don't have to waste time and money at park

22- Magic Kingdom whole day EHM am at 8 except if we stay at epcot untill 12 we won't be asleep untill 1 so maybe leave epcot by 10:30 or 11. wishes at 7. leave at around 6:30 and take boat or bus to ft. Wilderness and watch fireworks on boat. Does the boat go during wishes? Chip n' dale sing a long. How much is smores stuff there and the sticks? Then boat or walk to Wilderness then boat to contemporary arcade. Monorail to magic kingdom and then we should be safe to take a bus back. (Those who stayed at an epcot resort before know what i'm talking about.)

23- Resort and possibly downtown disney. Bagels we bring for lunch in room and animal kingdom at around 2 EMH untill 8. Parade at 3:45. Dinner at Rain forest but before parade or after I think maybe around 4:30. That way we can watch parade and get fastpasses for something

24- EMHs am at Hollywood Studios maybe that. 10 o' clock
breakfast at Capemay and Epcot.

25- EMHs at Hollywood Studios untill 10. I forgot if theres fantasmic or not. Dinner at 50s. Magic Kingdom untill around 2 or 3.

26- Last full day at Disney for a long time:cry::cry:. So of course Magic Kingdom

27- Day we leave:cry::cry: A park or 2 before. Maybe Epcot and Magic kingdom or the studios or animal

PLEASE reply with ideas to make it better or comments. And let me know what you think.

mouselvrmom

Sounds like you'll have fun! You mentioned smores. Make sure you get the smores for dessert at 50s Prime Time. It is so nummy! :slurp:

Disney<333

Original Poster
Sounds like you'll have fun! You mentioned smores. Make sure you get the smores for dessert at 50s Prime Time. It is so nummy! :slurp:

I heard to get mom's apples pie with icecream is really good but everything at disney's REALLY good so i don't know. I was talking about the smores at chip n' dale sing along. Did you ever try that? We will probally bring the smores stuff with us and just buy the sticks but then it could melt. Do you know how much the smores kit us? And the roasting sticks?

mouselvrmom

I heard to get mom's apples pie with icecream is really good but everything at disney's REALLY good so i don't know. I was talking about the smores at chip n' dale sing along. Did you ever try that? We will probally bring the smores stuff with us and just buy the sticks but then it could melt. Do you know how much the smores kit us? And the roasting sticks?

Sorry, I haven't been to the sing along. I can' only speak from 50s smores experience. :lol:

harveyt0206

I'm so sorry to hear about your job loss, but it sounds like you found a way to ease the pain. Disney is great for that. :)

I have stayed at the Swan and absolutely loved it. It obviously doesn't have all the Disney theme work that you see at the other Disney properties but I actually found it to be relaxing. The beds are wonderful!! And be sure to request a complimentary bathrobe. Great location too. I loved walking along the Boardwalk at night on my way to and from Epcot.

It sounds like you are going to have fun, whatever your final plans end up being. Have a magical trip. :wave:

Disney<333

Original Poster
I'm so sorry to hear about your job loss, but it sounds like you found a way to ease the pain. Disney is great for that. :)

I have stayed at the Swan and absolutely loved it. It obviously doesn't have all the Disney theme work that you see at the other Disney properties but I actually found it to be relaxing. The beds are wonderful!! And be sure to request a complimentary bathrobe. Great location too. I loved walking along the Boardwalk at night on my way to and from Epcot.

It sounds like you are going to have fun, whatever your final plans end up being. Have a magical trip. :wave:

Yup Disneys an anti-depresser except for the leaving and bill part:lol:
I think we will be staying at the dolphin it's a lot nicer in my opinion then the swan. And I know those beds. I think I need to by myself one of those:lol: They have bathrobes? You don't get to keep them right?

mouselvrmom

oh
Sound's like it's going to be a hard decision with the pie and smores:lol:

For me it would be hands down smores. But maybe one person could do pie and one could do smores and you could share. :lol:

Maybe you need some pictures to tempt you....

Oops, couldn't wait to take a bite!

IMG_2278.jpg

mmm, those are good!

IMG_2279.jpg

All gone!

IMG_2285.jpg

Disney<333

Original Poster
For me it would be hands down smores. But maybe one person could do pie and one could do smores and you could share. :lol:

Maybe you need some pictures to tempt you....

Oops, couldn't wait to take a bite!

IMG_2278.jpg

mmm, those are good!

IMG_2279.jpg

All gone!

IMG_2285.jpg

OMG that looks really yummy can't wait already. Are the entrees big because if so we'll probally just get smores

mouselvrmom

The interaction was great! It seems to be hit or miss. It just depends on who you get for a server. We've had great ones and ones who were just so so. I think the more you play with them the more they play with you.

Here our server, was talking to us through the window, then he actually crawled through it and landed on the floor. It was pretty funny.

IMG_2277.jpg

Disney<333

Original Poster
The interaction was great! It seems to be hit or miss. It just depends on who you get for a server. We've had great ones and ones who were just so so. I think the more you play with them the more they play with you.

Here our server, was talking to us through the window, then he actually crawled through it and landed on the floor. It was pretty funny.

IMG_2277.jpg

that pic make me crack up. I also heard a lady didn't have her vegitables so they brought it back out with whipped cream for desert:ROFLOL:

I think my family will like this place. Thanks

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom