The finale scene at it’s a small world desperately needs a repaint

Yert3

Original Poster
94BBE883-41F7-4D4D-A984-D82557CFBAA0.jpeg
34ED235B-4AC6-4D02-90EB-D0C433A6B7EA.jpeg
060B9BF5-684B-4015-97B2-08DD5537F936.jpeg

Goofyernmost

I don't remember what the ceilings of the other Small World rooms look like, but my first thought was that it's intentional. Supposed to fade into the black ceiling and be less noticeable than cutting in a dimly lit dark ride. Maybe I'm an idiot.
I have no way of knowing whether you are an idiot or not, but I don't see it as needing painting. ;) I see it as a specific set design. Sometimes if something isn't shiny then one thinks it is old and faded. I don't think it is the case with this one, but I could be wrong.

Notice I didn't call myself an idiot. I have been on the boards long enough to not provide anymore ammunition to others then absolutely necessary. 😁

Whole ride is a mess right now. I don't think I've ridden it once over the past 5 years and not had at least 3 dolls missing. Plus whatever happened to the tightrope walker at the end? That one truly baffles me as it just disappeared one day but unlike most figures, it just never returned.

Magenta Panther

Whole ride is a mess right now. I don't think I've ridden it once over the past 5 years and not had at least 3 dolls missing. Plus whatever happened to the tightrope walker at the end? That one truly baffles me as it just disappeared one day but unlike most figures, it just never returned.

Maybe TDO was afraid it might someday fall on someone, like the branch at Tree of Life...

macefamily

Seems like they let attractions go right to the very end when they're at the point of looking dingy. I guess that's what you call 'maximization of use life.' Last one I remember that was looking poor was Buzz Lightyear about a year ago. The bright paint on the cars was fading and some of the paint in the rooms was looking dull. When we last visited, I noticed that everything looking bright and fresh. It looked really good.

Goofyernmost

I have to say that it absolutely amazes me that you folks can notice that any are missing after seeing hundreds in the ride. What is so special about one or two dolls that makes them stand out enough to be remembered after any absence? They could rearrange the entire sequence of the countries and I probably wouldn't notice and I have been on it every visit over 37 years and 46 visits. I'm not being critical, I just find it mind-bogglingly amazing. Probably why I'm not a historian. 🙂

Mickeyboof

I have to say that it absolutely amazes me that you folks can notice that any are missing after seeing hundreds in the ride. What is so special about one or two dolls that makes them stand out enough to be remembered after any absence? They could rearrange the entire sequence of the countries and I probably wouldn't notice and I have been on it every visit over 37 years and 46 visits. I'm not being critical, I just find it mind-bogglingly amazing. Probably why I'm not a historian. 🙂

It more about integrity and quality rather than memory, especially when paying an ever increasing amount.

Disney wishes people didn't notice when things go "missing..." but we should hold them accountable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom