Rumor The EPCOT Hotel

trainplane3

If this is real, are they kidding?

They have so many more projects that need that money. Not another hotel, it would be cool but I much rather another project get funding.
Completely agree. If true, another hotel seems like a very silly project to tackle at this time. Especially after shelving the one they had planned on the old River Country site.
Wouldn't it be funny if since Reflections is (currently) dead and the table is (currently) dead, they decide to build a hotel in Epcot that would:
- Give them a hotel in a prime location
- Give a upcharge location for the new show (what the table was supposed to do)

Two birds, one stone. But the stone is in molasses so it'll take at least 5+ years to actually hit it's target.

Surferboy567

Wouldn't it be funny if since Reflections is (currently) dead and the table is (currently) dead, they decide to build a hotel in Epcot that would:
- Give them a hotel in a prime location
- Give a upcharge location for the new show (what the table was supposed to do)

Two birds, one stone. But the stone is in molasses so it'll take at least 5+ years to actually hit it's target.
Now, THAT makes sense. Shelf the Lilly Pad bar thing and get a hotel that I would assume has the features that the bar and reflections would of had.

Is this actually a real thing though @trainplane3 (if you can say)?

Seems weird to invest in a project right now where they need to complete existing projects.

EDIT: Can any insider say if this is real?

DVCakaCarlF

Now, THAT makes sense. Shelf the Lilly Pad bar thing and get a hotel that I would assume has the features that the bar and reflections would of had.

Seems weird to invest in a project right now where they need to complete existing projects.

The timing is perfect...it won’t open for 2-4 years anyway.

They are preparing for the upswing in tourism.

We did a ton of restaurant work during the last recession in anticipation of the growth and because you can get contractors for much less during a slow down.

New construction starts are down compared to last year, so I’m sure they will get better pricing.

trainplane3

I wouldn't know. Just guessing at this point.

M:SpilotISTC12

But seriously who is asking for this? I'm sure there will be plenty of people lining up for a room but it just seems...so odd. Especially right now when that whole side of the park is a dumpster fire. Apparently the only thing that Disney is really willing to make a solid investment on are ones that have a 100% guarantee like a hotel. For a destination that has a crowd problem (when times are normal) they sure aren't going to help their cause by adding another hotel.

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes
The timing is perfect...it won’t open for 2-4 years anyway.

They are preparing for the upswing in tourism.

We did a ton of restaurant work during the last recession in anticipation of the growth and because you can get contractors for much less during a slow down.

New construction starts are down compared to last year, so I’m sure they will get better pricing.

I agree that the timing is right. The thing that I find puzzling about current strategy is that the mid 20's should be roaring coming out of this, and I would expect the rumor mill to be hotter about what they possibly will build once they get comfortable we are, in fact, coming out of this.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
i saw an article stating that its proposed location is the area between and behind the land and seas pavilion. I hope thats not correct lol, I always imagined a Camp Discovery/River Rapids ride in that spot. A showcase of both land and water in 2 amazing attractions built together

The location of that address is incorrect. Reedy Creek's site puts is as shown below. It don't think either of these locations is actually where a hotel would actually go.

1616453143184.png

DVCakaCarlF

I agree that the timing is right. The thing that I find puzzling about current strategy is that the mid 20's should be roaring coming out of this, and I would expect the rumor mill to be hotter about what they possibly will build once they get comfortable we are, in fact, coming out of this.
I agree, but their leadership has been addressing all the fire around finances, so there hasn’t been much energy on the future.

I would guess after DL, DCL, etc are open, the rumor mill will fire up.

You need to stop the flooding before you can focus on turning the ship.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The location of that address is incorrect. Reedy Creek's site puts is as shown below. It don't think either of these locations is actually where a hotel would actually go.

View attachment 541591
Ken's website on his video has 2000 Avenue of the Stars at the top (the now demolished Communicore West). And 1474-2000 Avenue of the stars lower on the website...

1616454543838.png

1616454473270.png

Which is by Showcase Plaza.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom