Rumor The EPCOT Hotel

GimpYancIent

THEY CAN'T DO ANYTHING IN A COUPLE OF YEARS! LOOK HOW LONG THE WALLS ARE UP IN EPCOT!!!!
" THEY CAN'T DO ANYTHING IN A COUPLE OF YEARS! LOOK HOW LONG THE WALLS ARE UP IN EPCOT!!!!" Exactly!, Correct! yet despite all the unattractive, distractive and unsightly walls and scrim within EPCOT TWDC continues to operate EPCOT. To construct a hotel with an exclusive EPCOT view there is no need to impact EPCOT itself.

Disstevefan1

" THEY CAN'T DO ANYTHING IN A COUPLE OF YEARS! LOOK HOW LONG THE WALLS ARE UP IN EPCOT!!!!" Exactly!, Correct! yet despite all the unattractive, distractive and unsightly walls and scrim within EPCOT TWDC continues to operate EPCOT. To construct a hotel with an exclusive EPCOT view there is no need to impact EPCOT itself.
Totally agree for the hotel.

But, if the EPCOT hotel is a DVC - IN WILL BE COMPLETED IN SUPER FAST SPEED!!!!!!!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
If Disney sells off all it's Osceola property, the new Tram Inspection Bill won't apply to them anymore!!

Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

scottieRoss

But they are completing the "successful" renovation of EPCOT.

Besides, they can't shut down the year-round food festivals in EPCOT because MONEY.

The company need to make money somehow. The theme parks and cruise ships are the only things making money. Disney+ and Movies are huge losers!!!

You said a couple of years????? THEY CAN'T DO ANYTHING IN A COUPLE OF YEARS! LOOK HOW LONG THE WALLS ARE UP IN EPCOT!!!!
Movies? Just 6 weeks into calendar 2023 Disney had hit over $1,000,000,000 in box office. Calendar 2022 brought in 4.9 Billion. Disney is a strong #1 at the box office. Remember too, they had that little movie Avatar II in FY 2023

Disstevefan1

Movies? Just 6 weeks into calendar 2023 Disney had hit over $1,000,000,000 in box office. Calendar 2022 brought in 4.9 Billion. Disney is a strong #1 at the box office. Remember too, they had that little movie Avatar II in FY 2023
We must factor in the cost to make the movies and the cost to market (marketing is sometimes many times the cost to make the movie) the movies and subtract those costs from the box office.

I admit I have not done the math, but I would be interested in what's actually left after the cost of making and marketing to see what they actually make from the movies recently.

MagicHappens1971

It wouldn’t matter. Even if Disney sold the land, the land would still be part of the district. So the districts boundaries would still include two or more counties.
Granted that the law was written to say a district created by “local act” when it wasn’t, I think we’ve established they’d have to fix the law to enforce it

BrianLo

Is this still happening?

I think the pandemic took it off the table for the medium term. Riviera still needs a few years to sell through and the Epcot hotel would be somewhat positioned to the same market. Or at least not really providing much segment when you already can choose between Poly and Riv.

Although they aren't opposed to multiple projects, DVC seems content at looking towards quick flip other opportunities. Yacht Club still strikes me as a more likely contender.

Long term I think it's basically inevitable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom