The end of Cranium Command?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
This sign has gone up for at least a year now....

I know that, but it just hit me that not even a new version of it may be coming back. I had been hoping for at least a refurbished newer version. A dreamer can dream but the dream may never come true. :shrug:

It went away four years ago.

...hmmmmpphhh... not gonna say anything, temptation..temptation..:lookaroun

- WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion. :king:

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
time to move on....

Hmm, I finally get to experience an attraction, no wait, a pavilion at WDW close down that's one of my favorites!

Guess I know how you guys feel about the apparantly "great" rides ya'll miss.. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, 20K leauges UTS, Alien Encounter, Imagination, Horizons, Kitchen Kabaret.. must I go on?

- WondersOfLife

BobMoriarity

Does anyone know if the attraction is physically still in there or has it been disassembled? During the flower festival in 2008 I was able to sneak down the Cranium Command exit hallway and walked into the show room- the show was still in there and looked as if it was ready to start the next show. Buzzy was still in there and sitting in the pre-show position. The screens were darker then they usually were during the show days. The waiting area and pre-show area were filled with old benches and other Wonders of Life storage items. Just because the sign is up for auction does that mean we are to totally give up all hope at a restored version of this show? (I actually doubt they would resurrect this show, but it was one of the EPCOT greats.)

I know it’s not the best idea to go around closed off areas of Disney World, but my sister and I could not resist the opportunity.

jakeman

Does anyone know if the attraction is physically still in there or has it been disassembled? During the flower festival in 2008 I was able to sneak down the Cranium Command exit hallway and walked into the show room- the show was still in there and looked as if it was ready to start the next show. Buzz was still in there and sitting in the pre-show position. The screens were darker then they usually were during the show days. The waiting area and pre-show area were filled with old benches and other Wonders of Life storage items. Just because the sign is up for auction does that mean we are to totally give up all hope at a restored version of this show? (I actually doubt they would resurrect this show, but it was one of the EPCOT greats.)

I know it’s not the best idea to go around closed off areas of Disney World, but my sister and I could not resist the opportunity.
I think I remember a post a while back that had stated that Buzzy had been removed.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
I think I remember a post a while back that had stated that Buzzy had been removed.

No I don't think so because there is a photo taken in November of 2010 with the Cranium Command theater still in-tact.

- WondersOfLife

maxairmike

Let's close Pandora's Box before we get any farther.

At this point, the WoL pavilion is beyond lost as far as a regular pavilion with attractions until something changes at TDO. It won't be coming back as the health pavilion it was, if it ever becomes anything more than convention and special event space. Very cool sign, though, and I wish I had the $$$ to snatch it up.

rsoxguy

To the OP,

You seem to be a nice kid. I honestly believe that you are a decent young man who will eventually develop into a fine adult. My caution to you is this; in life, we can not confine our view of the world to the simplicity or brevity of our experiences. I have read several posts in which you complain that others judge you because of your age. It is not your age, but rather your lack of temperance that others criticize. It would be wise of you to refrain from constantly making general statements, relating them as concrete facts, and stating that your limited experience in life is the end-all of necessary knowledge. You may not realize that you are doing this from one post to another, but youth always comes with blinders. Part of the maturing process in life involves the ability to receive and process a bulk of information before stating opinions, and also realizing that some opinions remain just that: opinions. You must move beyond the simple ability to gather information. I will give you advice that I hope will last a lifetime, and it is this: Knowledge is the acquisition of facts, but wisdom is the application of knowledge. Don't waste knowledge without properly using it. I wish you well.

pax_65

I don't really miss Wonders of Life too much. This was one of those attractions that Disney didn't update enough, so eventually it became just embarrassingly out-of-date. The last time I rode Cranium Command I was literally cringing at points because it was so 1980s. Norm from Cheers and "Hanz and Franz"... lol... if anything I was left feeling nostalgic.

However, what makes this sad is that the pavilion closed and was replaced with... NOTHING. At least other attractions that were closed you got something in return:

World of Motion is gone (which I liked), but Test Track is awesome

"Mr Toad" is gone, but "Pooh" is more up-to-date.

In the case of Horizons and Imagination, the attractions that replaced them were probably not as good as the attraction they replaced (definitely in the case of Imagination, maybe arguably in the case of Horizons/MS).

But for Wonders of Life, we lost a major attraction (Body Wars), 2 minor attractions (Cranium Command and Making of Me) and a bunch of activities and cool distractions and got basically nothing in return. So there's really no way to describe this except sad. :shrug:

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
I don't really miss Wonders of Life too much. This was one of those attractions that Disney didn't update enough, so eventually it became just embarrassingly out-of-date. The last time I rode Cranium Command I was literally cringing at points because it was so 1980s. Norm from Cheers and "Hanz and Franz"... lol... if anything I was left feeling nostalgic.

However, what makes this sad is that the pavilion closed and was replaced with... NOTHING. At least other attractions that were closed you got something in return:

World of Motion is gone (which I liked), but Test Track is awesome

"Mr Toad" is gone, but "Pooh" is more up-to-date.

In the case of Horizons and Imagination, the attractions that replaced them were probably not as good as the attraction they replaced (definitely in the case of Imagination, maybe arguably in the case of Horizons/MS).

But for Wonders of Life, we lost a major attraction (Body Wars), 2 minor attractions (Cranium Command and Making of Me) and a bunch of activities and cool distractions and got basically nothing in return. So there's really no way to describe this except sad. :shrug:

I'm not sure I want to consider Cranium Command a major attraction. Usually, for those who did not like Body Wars liked Cranium Command, or neither. I think CC was just as good as BW for it's time. Later on, I felt like CC was better than BW as BW just became a regular simulator. But what also disapoints me is that Disney closed Epcot's first thrill ride... and basically Epcot's first funny attraction and the 2nd attraction with a character that's not based off of a Disney movie.

I think Cranium Command could make an excellent movie, it would be different! :D:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::D

- WondersOfLife

kisser_male

By the way, does anybody know what they did with the Body Wars ships? Were they sent as Star Tours ships to other parks or are they still on Epcot?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Last I knew, they were still there at EPCOT, being used by Imagineering for work on the new Star Tours.
Indeed. Between sitting idle, being used as test beds, and being gutted for parts the 4 Body Wars simulators will probably never be shrunk again.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Wow... $1200. I guess it might be worth that to the OP, but not I and apparently not too many other people since it hasn't sold.

WondersOfLife

Original Poster
Wow... $1200. I guess it might be worth that to the OP, but not I and apparently not too many other people since it hasn't sold.

It's probably worth in my opinion.. 420 dollars.. only because that's how much money I have... so I could afford it. lol i plan to have my house when i'm adult like that disney freak with all those theme park stuff around his house.. :D

- WondersOfLife

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom