The end of an era at WDW...

KevinPage

Bearboy,

No, thankfully I don't have a Jimm Hill obsession, he just has irked me lately with the doom and gloom approach. I never read Al Lutz anymore, so I can't whine about what he does :)

LOL

rcamire

Security is one of the reasons

I would think security had to play into it. After all when people enter the turnstyles are your going to frisk them? You could always where a raincoat, but I can imagine hundreds of yellow ponchos provide a place to store stolen item or bring weapons in.
other stuff.

The clear ponchos would help eliminate that problem

Just a thought.

Russ of OrlandoRocks

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Re: Security is one of the reasons

Originally posted by rcamire
I would think security had to play into it. After all when people enter the turnstyles are your going to frisk them? You could always where a raincoat, but I can imagine hundreds of yellow ponchos provide a place to store stolen item or bring weapons in.
other stuff.

The clear ponchos would help eliminate that problem

Not really. I mean, all anyone has to do it slip whatever they have in their sock, pants, whatever....

I mean, in order for what you said to be effective, as far as the weapons go, people would have to go into the parks with their birthday suites on.

Pioneer Hall

I don't want to sound rude, but we are talking about Ponchos. Does it matter what color they are? I like the clear ones, and I got one when I was there in August.

It keeps you dry the same exact way.

The_CEO

The Yellow Panchos are just that, plastic. They do not keep the rain completly off of you. I have tried them once and resulted in a wetter situation. I bring in my small umbrella which works like a charm. I'm glad they are getting rid of them, nothing says tourist more than those babies. Real disney fans won't let rain stop them from riding their fav rides. So why let this stop you now?

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by The_CEO
The Yellow Panchos are just that, plastic. They do not keep the rain completly off of you. I have tried them once and resulted in a wetter situation. I bring in my small umbrella which works like a charm. I'm glad they are getting rid of them, nothing says tourist more than those babies. Real disney fans won't let rain stop them from riding their fav rides. So why let this stop you now?

Well it isn't like they aren't going to have ponchos. They have them, but they are just clear. The same Mickey is still on the back it is just not yellow.

The_CEO

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
Well it isn't like they aren't going to have ponchos. They have them, but they are just clear. The same Mickey is still on the back it is just not yellow.

Oh so they are just changing the color?

Glasgow

This is just another good reason that they should put a retractable dome over all of Disney World. It would keep hurricanes out as well

Poncho1973

Originally posted by josh_e_washie
In memorium of the yellow poncho.....

Oh poncho oh poncho of yellow
You really were a helpful fellow
So stylish and sleek
When it rains we all seek
that overpriced poncho of yellow......

We'll miss you poncho!!!!!!:cry:

WAIT!! Don't cry! I'm not going anywhere! I'm right here! OK, so I've been lurking, but I'm right here! I will not forsake you! I am always your friend... although I dislike being refered to as "yellow"... so I hide my head in my hands when I get scared. So, I yell and run when the characters come out to shake my hand. That doesn't make me yellow.

Your beloved Poncho

MrPromey

Original Poster
Originally posted by DisneyInsider
I don't want to sound rude, but we are talking about Ponchos. Does it matter what color they are? I like the clear ones, and I got one when I was there in August.

It keeps you dry the same exact way.

Exactly which part of this thread have you chosen to take completely seriously? ;)

jake

:D

Isn't everyone that isn't working a tourist? Just curious :lookaroun

mrtoad

Re: Re: Security is one of the reasons

Originally posted by X2CommNavISTC
Not really. I mean, all anyone has to do it slip whatever they have in their sock, pants, whatever....

I mean, in order for what you said to be effective, as far as the weapons go, people would have to go into the parks with their birthday suites on.

Maybe Disney can do a test on this. I would suggest testing with the female population in the 18 to 35 catagory. You work for them, can you look into that for us. :slurp:

mrtoad

Um, we are tourists.........

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Re: Re: Re: Security is one of the reasons

Originally posted by mrtoad
Maybe Disney can do a test on this. I would suggest testing with the female population in the 18 to 35 catagory. You work for them, can you look into that for us. :slurp:

Heheh, yeah. I mean, no. Wait, yes, no. But. GAH! DAMN YOU AND YOUR TESTING ON THE FEMALE POPULATION FROM 18 to 35!

MrPromey

Original Poster

And BTW, to avoid any further confusion, there is no protest that I am aware of for next weekend. ;)

ISTCrew20

Daaaannggg....They said the last shipment was ordered?...I hope there is some left when I get down there. Im up for wearin it all day for a tribute. I have NEVER, EVER, worn one before, and I have made fun of everyone that has, IN A JOKING MANNER (to save this from becoming another fight) The day I wear a poncho on Splash Mountain, is the day, where...my Disney spirit has been flushed down the toilet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom