The end of an era at WDW...

MrPromey

Original Poster
Yes folks, many of us mourned the loss of horizons and who can ever forget that last fateful ride to the bottom of the demonic underworld on Mr. Toads horseless carriage? The sky ride? Oh, I'll only see the blacktops of Fantasyland in my memories now...

Well, there is something else being taken away from us today at WDW. No, it isn't a beloved attraction or a favorite restaurant. What is disappearing now from WDW is something that guests will miss in nearly every part of the resort - especially during those summer months in years to come:

My friends, people I sort of know, and total strangers... the very last order of yellow rain ponchos has been placed for WDW. That's right, soon the yellow ocean of brave souls daring to tempt fate against the wrath of torrential downpours in the sunshine state will be no more than a memory.

There are protests planned for next weekend and everyone who will be in the area is encouraged to participate by stopping by in their own yellow ponchos to show their support rain-or- shine.

It is a sad, sad day for Disney lovers everywhere. I don't think they've cut me this deep since the end of the pink powdered soap.

What's next? Hand blowers in the rest rooms?

ISTCrew20

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In reality, I hope some are left when I head down on Saturday. Gotta get my peice of Disney history...

Iits weird it took them this long for them to make this change, and now, when were on TOT, and its raining, we wont see all yellow outside no more:(

MrPromey

Original Poster
Actually, they have a legitimate reason for it. Apparently people have been complaining/requesting something be done about them for years because they have trouble finding friends/relatives when everyone is running around in the same yellow poncho so they are replacing it with clear ones.

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
I mean, theres nothing better than finding a kid who is lost during a time when its raining, you ask them what they were wearing, and they say, "They were wearing a yellow poncho.....yeah that really helps us.

So therfore, the changes have been made to the clear ponchos. The Studios has had this change for about a month or so now, so they are slowly making the transition.

MKCustodial

Isn't it funny how it's the little things that get to us? Tons of people are killing themselves for a chance to ride Space, but many Disney fans are mourning the loss of a true classic. :lol:

KevinPage

I'm surprised Jim Hill Media hasn't done a full blown article yet about how bad this is for business. Everyone knows that Rain lovers prefer yellow 3-1.

:)

X2CommNavISTC

Account Suspended
Originally posted by turkey leg boy
I thought Universal had blue.:confused:

They do....but knowing them, sooner or later they'll jump on the wagon and change their ponchos....then again, we're dealing with Universal so the brain cells are limited for the higher ups over there.

MrPromey

Original Poster
Originally posted by KevinPage
I'm surprised Jim Hill Media hasn't done a full blown article yet about how bad this is for business. Everyone knows that Rain lovers prefer yellow 3-1.

Just remember when he releases his expose on the whole thing that you heard it here on the WDW Magic forum first!... :lol:

josh_e_washie

In memorium of the yellow poncho.....

Oh poncho oh poncho of yellow
You really were a helpful fellow
So stylish and sleek
When it rains we all seek
that overpriced poncho of yellow......

We'll miss you poncho!!!!!!:cry:

mrtoad

Originally posted by MrPromey
Actually, they have a legitimate reason for it. Apparently people have been complaining/requesting something be done about them for years because they have trouble finding friends/relatives when everyone is running around in the same yellow poncho so they are replacing it with clear ones.

It is a real reason for sure. I was there with my wife a few years ago and bent over to fix my shoe. I looked up and could not find her because everyone was dressed the same. In that instance it was not a big deal because she is an adult. But if it were a child it would be bad.

I had already planned on getting my daughter something different before her first trip and was worried about her being upset that she did not have the same as everyone else.

I do like then, I think they are cool but it is a real good reason for changing them.

MrPromey

Original Poster
Originally posted by objr
There has already been mention of this

However I like the way you put it in the original post...it almost made the loss seem important.

:lol: :wave:

Shucks, he beat me to it! :mad:

In any event, it is important! It is another blatant attempt by the suits at Disney to cut costs by removing the opaque yellow dies from the manufacturing process!

Well, I guess they had to come up with some way to pay for all those flat screen monitors they use in MS, eh? ;)

bearboysnc

Originally posted by KevinPage

You sure talk about him alot. Are you sure you don't secretly after him?

WDWFREAK53

We'll all have our yellow poncho dreams,
Yellow poncho dreams, yellow poncho dreams.
We'll all have our yellow poncho dreams,
Yellow poncho dreams, yellow poncho dreams.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom