The Dolphin!

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
I know everyone has their own personal favorites, and I also know that a case can be made for just about every deluxe as being the top resort, but I am telling you that you are doing yourself a disservice if you don't at least consider the Dolphin (especially once the renovations are completed next year). I just booked my family trip for next summer and I was able to get a suite at the Dolphin with a water view for literally less money than it would have cost me for a standard room with no view at any of the other Epcot resorts. I mean, seriously, think about that for a minute. That's insane. The Dolphin offers so much more for so much less!

Well, that's just my 2 cents, which I figured I would share with the board just in case anyone else might be interested.

Anyway, notwithstanding my strong opinion, I hope that everyone's next Disney World trip is their best one ever, no matter where they stay!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Not asking this to bash The Dolphin at all I am just curious. Are you factoring in the daily resort fee $23 for everyone, and daily self parking fee of about $20 (if you have a car)? That adds $43+tax give or take to your nightly rate. I'm sure it's still cheaper but wanted you to be aware in case you did not know this. Disney does not charge these but The Swan and The Dolphin do. :)

Last edited:

Hockey89

I know everyone has their own personal favorites, and I also know that a case can be made for just about every deluxe as being the top resort, but I am telling you that you are doing yourself a disservice if you don't at least consider the Dolphin (especially once the renovations are completed next year). I just booked my family trip for next summer and I was able to get a suite at the Dolphin with a water view for literally less money than it would have cost me for a standard room with no view at any of the other Epcot resorts. I mean, seriously, think about that for a minute. That's insane. The Dolphin offers so much more for so much less!

Well, that's just my 2 cents, which I figured I would share with the board just in case anyone else might be interested.

Anyway, notwithstanding my strong opinion, I hope that everyone's next Disney World trip is their best one ever, no matter where they stay!
Stayed there recently.... New rooms.... Didn't feel like Disney at all to me.... Will never go bac....

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
Not asking this to bash The Dolphin at all I am just curious. Are you factoring in the daily resort fee $23 for everyone, and daily self parking fee of about $20 (if you have a car)? That adds $43+tax give or take to your nightly rate. I'm sure it's still cheaper but wanted you to be aware in case you did not know this. Disney does not charge these but The Swan and The Dolphin do. :)
Yes, factoring all that in, the suite is STILL cheaper. That's why I always shake my head when people complain about those fees at the SD. Even with those fees, the overall rate is still better.

Hockey89

ok, but just because you said so, I'll ignore the fantastic rates, the great lobby, the wonderful restaurants, the views of EPCOT, the fun architecture, and the wonderful calm and classy vibe.
the worst deluxe hotel I have stayed at, but you are entitled to your wrong opinion...

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
Hockey, is hilarious. Everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinion. But you just have to love somebody who is so arrogant that they think something is true merely because they declare it to be.

Anyway Hockey, you continue to stay in a broom closet facing a parking lot while paying a higher room rate. And I will continue to stay in a suite with gorgeous views of the lake and fireworks at EPCOT or DHS, while paying a lower room rate. There, we are both happy!

Sage of Time

Hockey, is hilarious. Everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinion. But you just have to love somebody who is so arrogant that they think something is true merely because they declare it to be.

Anyway Hockey, you continue to stay in a broom closet facing a parking lot while paying a higher room rate. And I will continue to stay in a suite with gorgeous views of the lake and fireworks at EPCOT or DHS, while paying a lower room rate. There, we are both happy!
THIS!

Mukta

I stayed there during the holidays one year. Beautiful tree in the lobby.

IMG_0587.jpg
IMG_0588.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Yep, last time we were there I watched the Frozen fireworks from my balcony and listened to Illuminations (couldn't quite see it), and I paid only a little more then I would have at a moderate. Personally I love the Swan and Dolphin.

the worst deluxe hotel I have stayed at, but you are entitled to your wrong opinion...

Just because you feel one way, doesn't make someone else's opinion invalid. I like the S&D because I get deluxe level amenities without have to my the Disney deluxe pricing.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

Picking September 16th as an example, Yacht club would be $426.00 per night with tax, Dolphin would be $223.00 per night including tax, resort fee and parking. So even if you buy magic bands (which don't come free when at the Dolphin) and take a cab to and from the airport, you are still going to come out ahead over the length of your vacation.

sxeensweet

Picking September 16th as an example, Yacht club would be $426.00 per night with tax, Dolphin would be $223.00 per night including tax, resort fee and parking. So even if you buy magic bands (which don't come free when at the Dolphin) and take a cab to and from the airport, you are still going to come out ahead over the length of your vacation.
Cool! :). Thanks for letting everyone know! I am a DVC member so always stay somewhere on property in a Deluxe resort. But nice to know if I ever go on a cash trip what the rates have been there but doubt I will ever leave my fave Disney resorts. Lol :)

sxeensweet

Yes, factoring all that in, the suite is STILL cheaper. That's why I always shake my head when people complain about those fees at the SD. Even with those fees, the overall rate is still better.
I thought it would still be cheaper but just wanted to ask for anyone else that is interested in The Dolphin or The Swan. :)

shipley731

I've stayed at the S&D when I've found the price right. Most of the time, they are lower than a Disney Deluxe or even moderate, but not always. (Went to a meeting at the S&D a few years ago & the special conference rate plus the resort & parking fee was the exact same price I would have paid at the Yacht Club for the same time period. I stayed at POR instead and saved some money.)

The parking fee I can live with, but I hate resort fees. When they are mandatory, like they are at S&D, just roll them into the price of the room & be done with it. If the resort fee is optional, fine. I feel charging a mandatory resort fee is a sneaky trick to make you think you are paying less for the room. I book a decent size meeting once a year for an organization that I work for & I've gotten some pretty interesting reasons from the group sales departments on why mandatory resort fees are a good idea. I've got a degree in tourism & their explanations sound like brainwashing by their corporate offices to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom