News The 'Disney Look' to be further relaxed at Walt Disney World

Jedi Stitch

What makes you think this is a slippery slope? Why can't it just be a change? If Disney CMs started looking sloppy and unkempt, I think would make sense to express frustration or mock them with a clever Lion King joke. But why do you see the allowance of 1" beards, necklaces, and pendants as indicative that Disney has no standards for CM appearance?
Ok, well I guess we will have to come back to this in how ever much time to figure if my jab at humor was satire or a bad joke?

No Name

I was reading this thread and this ad came up at the bottom of the page.

Point being, some people might look better with facial hair!

Brad Bishop

It’s not about the look, people don’t want to or need to change to work at Disney they will just go work elsewhere. They are hurting for employees and there are not enough workers in Orlando

...and that's where the market steps in.

Don't want to shave and work for Disney? That's fine. go work somewhere else.
Can't find a clean cut employee? Either pay more to find / lure them over OR change your standards.

...at the end of the day this is about money. Disney doesn't want to pay more for employees so they'll just change their standards.

I heard, I forget where, that the "Disney Traditions" course that they used to give to all employees which would take a week is down to something like 4 hours now. It's really just a matter of time until it's gone. THIS Disney is not Walt's Disney and this Disney only thinks about today's bottom line.

Rich Brownn

...and that's where the market steps in.

Don't want to shave and work for Disney? That's fine. go work somewhere else.
Can't find a clean cut employee? Either pay more to find / lure them over OR change your standards.

...at the end of the day this is about money. Disney doesn't want to pay more for employees so they'll just change their standards.

I heard, I forget where, that the "Disney Traditions" course that they used to give to all employees which would take a week is down to something like 4 hours now. It's really just a matter of time until it's gone. THIS Disney is not Walt's Disney and this Disney only thinks about today's bottom line.
It was only a day for Traditions when I worked there .... in 1974. Also this insn;t the first -- or even second time -- standards have been changed.

castlecake2.0

When
It was only a day for Traditions when I worked there .... in 1974. Also this insn;t the first -- or even second time -- standards have been changed.
when I started 10 years ago traditions was only a day, followed by almost 2 weeks of on the job training, I thought it was never going to end

Rich Brownn

When

when I started 10 years ago traditions was only a day, followed by almost 2 weeks of on the job training, I thought it was never going to end
Wow, I only got 1 day of training for Grand Prix. The longest training I had was for monorails (five days). Pirates was 3. And back then there was none of this separate "control" training. You got trained on every position at once. (I will admit my monorail training was scary. My trainer lit up the announcietor panel and said "See all those light? In five days you will know what each one means... or you'll be taking tickets...") Jungle took a while to get comfortable doing the spiel... which, unfortunately, 40+ years later, I can still do.

CircusPeanuts

So I can personally comment on this. When I was a part of the Disneyland College Program in Spring of 2018, there were several times where I shaved in the morning, and then had to work in the afternoon.

Or... you know... you could have shaved right before you went into work like the rest of us as opposed to shaving in the morning and then being shocked when it grew in when you worked in the afternoon...

phillip9698

Or... you know... you could have shaved right before you went into work like the rest of us as opposed to shaving in the morning and then being shocked when it grew in when you worked in the afternoon...

Most people shave as part of a bathing routine. It would be weird to bathe in the morning, go about your day, then come back and shave before heading to work. When I worked third shift I didn't wake up until 8pm so I bathed and shaved then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom