The Disney Inn ? ? ? ? ?

civileng68

Account Suspended
I go to Disney now more regularly since I live in Fl, but when I first went I was just a little kid. My parents were asking me what happened to the place we stayed at when I was a kid.

We stayed at a place called the "Disney Inn". It was on the golf course on the property. I was wondering if anyone knows of this place. I don't remember it too well since I was pretty young but, Im wondering if it was torn down or simply re-named.

Help please?

surfsupdon

I remember we had reservations once for Disney's Village Resort but quickly switched to Dixie Landings when it was recommended. That's 2 full new names with the demise of two originals! Ugh- Riverside

Upvote 0

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Yes, it is now the Shades of Green and while SOG is still under rehab, Disney has been putting the military personel up at the Contemporary Resort in the Garden wing rooms.

Pam

Upvote 0

pinkrose

We stayed at POR back in May under SOG. We loved it. I don't know much about SOG, but I'm sure that's where we'll stay on our next visit seeing as it will be open. Is it nice?

Upvote 0

Debbie

I stayed at Disney Inn in June 1993. It was formerly known as the Golf Resort. My family used to go every year since WDW opened and sometimes they'd stay here if everything else was booked-------remember, in the 70's, all there was was the Polynesian, Contemporary, DisneyInn/Golf Resort, and the Treehouses/Fairway Villas/One Bedroom at what was the Disney Institute. Reservations would have to be made one year in advance and sometimes it took a week to get through because the phone was always busy. (That's when it was a REALLY big deal to stay on property).
Back to the Disney Inn-----The rooms were some of the largest, maybe larger than the Contemporary, and the Polynesian. It was known as one of Disney's best kept secrets. It was a very quiet resort; very peaceful and tranquil. I'm glad I got to experience it before Disney leased it to the military.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom