The Diamond Horseshoe closing for lengthy refurbishment.

flyerjab

We were just there end of July and it was open for lunch and yes we did partake. It amazes me that there are places in that park that are not open on a regular basis. And if their argument is that it does not make enough money, then turn it into something that does. Or here's an idea, have some spots open that are not so ridiculously crowded all the time. There is a thing called guest experience, and it is important. Sometimes, we will get food and take it to Gaston's Tavern and eat it in there. And why do we do this? Because it is not crowded, the small room is themed very well and we enjoy our food. Unlike, say, eating at Cosmic Ray's. I actually don't even mind the food there, it is just that the experience eating there reminds me of how packed a Red Cross camp might be like on the Syrian border. You don't always have to maximize profit at food locales throughout the park. The experience for the guest should be sufficiently varied. Additionally, the MK park in WDW should have a ton of choices for its guests considering it is (arguably) the most visited park in the world.

COProgressFan

We were just there end of July and it was open for lunch and yes we did partake. It amazes me that there are places in that park that are not open on a regular basis. And if their argument is that it does not make enough money, then turn it into something that does. Or here's an idea, have some spots open that are not so ridiculously crowded all the time. There is a thing called guest experience, and it is important. Sometimes, we will get food and take it to Gaston's Tavern and eat it in there. And why do we do this? Because it is not crowded, the small room is themed very well and we enjoy our food. Unlike, say, eating at Cosmic Ray's. I actually don't even mind the food there, it is just that the experience eating there reminds me of how packed a Red Cross camp might be like on the Syrian border. You don't always have to maximize profit at food locales throughout the park. The experience for the guest should be sufficiently varied. Additionally, the MK park in WDW should have a ton of choices for its guests considering it is (arguably) the most visited park in the world.

This. There is nothing enjoyable about eating lunch in a crowded, chaotic, mess hall. What the MK needs is more choices, and more open locations.

Last edited:

Professor_Jason

This. There is nothing enjoyable able eating lunch in a crowded, chaotic, mess hall. What the MK needs is more choices, and more open locations.
That's kinda what we've been warned about dining at Magic Kingdom vs. Disneyland, I've been told cuz there's no kids in our group to skip character and counter service meals and stick to table service in the Parks

lebeau

I really can't like this enough. Agree with every word. I have had the exact same experiences. In fact, we're not even allowed to saw the words "Cosmic Rays" in our house after the last two visits for lunch.

JoeCamel

That's kinda what we've been warned about dining at Magic Kingdom vs. Disneyland, I've been told cuz there's no kids in our group to skip character and counter service meals and stick to table service in the Parks

For the MK I don't know where you would eat if you took out QS and character dining? Head over to Disney Springs or one of the hotels if you want the typical overpriced Disney meal sans characters but even those choices are limited

Professor_Jason

For the MK I don't know where you would eat if you took out QS and character dining? Head over to Disney Springs or one of the hotels if you want the typical overpriced Disney meal sans characters but even those choices are limited
we're thinking about Be Our Guest for lunch even though it's a character meal and the Contemporary for dinner and time it fireworks, I'll take an advice at this stage

JoeCamel

Liberty tree tavern (is it open again yet?) is pretty good and is table service. It is usually $25 when I go but I like the pot roast there are other options

Animaniac93-98

Liberty tree tavern (is it open again yet?) is pretty good and is table service. It is usually $25 when I go but I like the pot roast there are other options

It won't reopen until November, so the only non QS or character meal options in MK right now are Tony's Town Square Restaurant and The Plaza.

Magenta Panther

I think Gaston's ought to be expanded, frankly. Nice place to eat, decent food, but I was surprised by how small it is.

COProgressFan

We just ate ate the Plaza for my birthday 2 weeks ago. Big ole cockroach climbing up the wall next to our table. Never again.

Yuck. Can't say I've ever seen that in a Disney restaurant. (Though I'm not naive enough to think they don't exist).

Did you alert your server and/or manager? Just curious how they responded. You know, with their "world class guest service" and all.

yoyoflamingo

Yuck. Can't say I've ever seen that in a Disney restaurant. (Though I'm not naive enough to think they don't exist).

Did you alert your server and/or manager? Just curious how they responded. You know, with their "world class guest service" and all.

We alerted the server who "didn't know who to tell." She disappeared into the back for between 5-10 minutes while we watched to make sure where it was. When she came back, she said they would take care of it. We left before anyone came. We reported it to City Hall and they said they would alert them again. After talking to my wife, we both were underwhelmed with how it was handled, especially with the, what seemed to us, a lack of concern. We live in Florida so we understand they exist too, but there seemed to be no pride in their service. I emailed Guest Relations and spoke to them about it. For my trouble, 2 additional Fastpasses for our party. We probably should have demanded the price of our meal, but at that point I didn't feel like dealing with it anymore. I also didn't feel I should have had to suggest it, since it seemed like such a logical thing.

MerlinTheGoat

That was actually just a new character dining option they recently added, it's Wall E's friend, no worries.

WALLE-Cockroach-Indestructible.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom