The DAK Eticket: Forbidden Mountain

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Originally posted by Poncho1973

It's 100% OK if you don't believe me. I don't need your approval, nor do I request it.
You do need to extract your head from your sphyncter and try and find a sense of humour, or is that what you were looking for. Im sure your full of red hot ________ but just cant divulge your sources. Approval not offered, humour preffered.

CoP

One of our local spies tells us that the park had apparently floated a few balloons the other morning between Asia and Theater In The Wild to show off how tall the new proposed e-ticket ride would be. Our source said that one balloon looked to be taller than the Tree of Life. Big Wigs were all over the site taking a tour with WDI/AK Guru Joe Rhode (sp?) and pointing out things that would have to be moved or changed to make room for the crowds.

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by happy snapper

You do need to extract your head from your sphyncter and try and find a sense of humour, or is that what you were looking for. Im sure your full of red hot ________ but just cant divulge your sources. Approval not offered, humour preffered.

:D That's a really good retort! I bow to your way with the word happy snapper - you are quite funny! :)

I'm still giggling!

ArsonWinter

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53

I totally agree bud...NO WAY should a land be called a "KINGDOM"
I've said this before in another thread...It should've been called like "Mystic Isle" or something like that.

Good idea, but under that policy, wouldn't they have to change the name of Epcot's "United Kingdom" pavilion? Well...

Anyway, I doubt they'd add Beastly Kingdom just for this ride. It's a shame, because I bet the Imagineers have tons of ideas for that area, and I'm sure not all of them include a Dumbo clone. But at least they're putting it in, supposedly, unlike BK which is taking forever to get off the ground, and even now it's future isn't the brightest. Just my thoughts.

norestneeded

CoP - Please do us all a favor and credit your sources. It's fine that you quoted directly from Screamscape, just make sure to put little quotes around it and tell us where it came from. Thanks.

CoP

Originally posted by norestneeded
CoP - Please do us all a favor and credit your sources. It's fine that you quoted directly from Screamscape, just make sure to put little quotes around it and tell us where it came from. Thanks.

The only problem is when you quote screamscape.com not many trust it as a source. The site has had a lot of things wrong but somethings it is right.

Moustronaut

Originally posted by ArsonWinter

Anyway, Forbidden Mt. should not be an actual mountian. Mountians don't belong outside of the main parks (DL, MK, DLP, TDL, um, er, HKD... is that what we're calling it? I'm not in the know.). Just make it LOOK like a huge mountian, but don't make it one. OR build like like it's sinking? OR build it 1/2 the size, and make it a ride for infants! Er....

Why not?? There are mountains all over the place in other Disney parks. Not just parks like the Magic Kingdom.

There's Mt. Gushmore at Blizzard Beach, Mt. Mayday at Typhoon Lagoon, and the biggest and noisiest of all, Mt. Prometheus at Tokyo Disney Sea.

I'm sure there are a few more out there as well.

Jodigrl328

Can't we all just get along?

There's always an excuse to go back to WDW. Like, I had to go for the millenium celebration.

And then I had to go for 100 years of magic.

Oh and I definetly have to go back next year for Mission Space and Mickey's Philharmagic.

Now I will have to start thinking of my 2002 trip!!! :sohappy:

Tim G

Originally posted by Lee
Personally, I don't see this as being a Journey to the Center of the Earth Clone. From the description, the ride will be only 25% indoors. Journey is almost all indoors, with a bit at the end taking place outside the mountain.

I suspect it will be more coaster based, with strong show elements at the beginning before really taking off. There was some talk of multiple powered launches to move you from scene to scene, and I like the sound of that. I don't like the idea of an inverted coaster for this though, too tough to see.

But, we'll see....

Forbidden Mountain, This attraction would take guests on a thrilling ride through Asian ruins aboard a runaway mine train.
It is going to have two separate tracks, similar to Disneyland's Matterhorn.

Tim G

Originally posted by Sketch105
I think the rumour has no value in reality. I need to see a concept painting or a model for this one before I can believe it. At least we have proof that Beastly Kingdom did exist at one point.

At a press conference, Michael Eisner confirmed that plans are in the works for a "whole new area" to be built at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
Speculation is that the expansion will be placed in the area between the existing Asia and Conservation Station areas.
Many are speculating that the new section will be Australia.
Others still are believing that the long-awaited
Beastly Kingdom has finally been green-lighted.

Lee

Adventurer
Just to maintain a high level of anticipation:

Fabulous Disney Babe has stated on LaughingPlace that she now has photos of the Forbidden Mountain model, but can not post them yet. However, she does say that "it looks like no other mountain."

Anyone else dying with curiosity?

Testtrack321

Originally posted by Lee
Just to maintain a high level of anticipation:

Fabulous Disney Babe has stated on LaughingPlace that she now has photos of the Forbidden Mountain model, but can not post them yet. However, she does say that "it looks like no other mountain."

Anyone else dying with curiosity?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!

:brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick: :brick:

DAKTOLCMM

You hope Asia does not become too crowded? Have you been there? Hehe...Smallest lang, one of three real "rides" in park, not to mention colobus monkeys....I just hope they build some good paths to get in and out...that will be key.

DAKTOLCMM

There is no room between Constat and Asia....I am pretty sure that there are animal holding areas over there...look for something near camp minnie mickey behind rainforest cafe...

Lord Alfred

I'm sorry guys, but Beastly Kingdom is a dumb name and I hope that they change it to something else. Don't get me wrong, I like the concept and the idea, but they should name it Fantastic Kingdom or something.

Beastly makes me think of "The Beast" or Satan. So a Beastly Kingdom would be something akin to hell. Or it reminds me of Mrs. Beakly from Disney's DuckTales. Or the "roast beast" from the Grinch.

I dunno. I just hate that name.

Tim G

Originally posted by Lord Alfred
I'm sorry guys, but Beastly Kingdom is a dumb name and I hope that they change it to something else. Don't get me wrong, I like the concept and the idea, but they should name it Fantastic Kingdom or something.

Beastly makes me think of "The Beast" or Satan. So a Beastly Kingdom would be something akin to hell.
I dunno. I just hate that name.

Ah......... so the option for a :goodnevil Bill Gates :goodnevil ride is available...

MKingdom25

Originally posted by Lord Alfred
I'm sorry guys, but Beastly Kingdom is a dumb name and I hope that they change it to something else. Don't get me wrong, I like the concept and the idea, but they should name it Fantastic Kingdom or something....

I agree with you Lord Alfred. Almost sounds like a bad movie! :lol:

Big Pooh

Anywhere will do...

I don't care where they build, so long as they build and put good paths going to it. AK needs a few more attractions. While they're building Forbidden Mtn, they need to also build a good dark ride. Dark rides are what Disney does best IMHO, and AK is sorely lacking. I know Dinosaur is there, but I'm talking about a family dark ride, one that doesn't throw large loud things(Dino's) towards your time rover while it's trying to give you the bumpiest ride of your life.:animwink: I love a good loud wild ride, but AK could use a good family dark ride. Then maybe afterward, the Studios could get a new dark ride...I'm thinking Monsters Inc. here...and then I'll be happy for awhile....maybe.:lol:

Cheers:wave:

garyhoov

Trophy Husband
I apologize if this has already been discussed (if it has, I missed it), but Screamscape is reporting that Forbidden Mountain will have a Yeti theme.

If this turns out to be true, it sounds like it could be really cool!:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom