The DAK Eticket: Forbidden Mountain

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
26 September 2002: The DAK Eticket
http://www.wdwmagic.com/beastly.htm

It seems that after jumping between Asia and Beastly Kingdom, management have now settled on Asia as the new ride's location. The project now has an initial title of Forbidden Mountain. Opening date of September 2005 is being talked about, but management are keen to open sooner rather than later. The ride is to be located behind Kali Rapids, on the large area of land that is currently visible from the Flame Tree river-side area. Plans call for a new bridge to link to Asia from the Dinoland USA area. The ride system appears to have remained very similar to that described below in the Reign of Fire scenario. It is certainly a high speed ride (55mph), with action taking place both indoors and outdoors, and with the level of budget that is being setup for this, it should be spectacular. An official announcement is expected around the time of the park's 5th birthday in April 2003.
http://www.wdwmagic.com/beastly.htm

jwbeck3

Man, I am thirlled about this, but I wihs they would ahve built it in Beastly Kingdom to thin out some of the crowds. But if it saves them money to do other things in other parks then Im all for it. The Disney news today was the best I ahve ever read, Pressler gone, DAK E-Ticket, EPCOT Refurb wiht possible 2 new E-Tickets, and an update to the classics. ME= Very Happy

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by jwbeck3
Man, I am thirlled about this, but I wihs they would ahve built it in Beastly Kingdom to thin out some of the crowds. But if it saves them money to do other things in other parks then Im all for it. The Disney news today was the best I ahve ever read, Pressler gone, DAK E-Ticket, EPCOT Refurb wiht possible 2 new E-Tickets, and an update to the classics. ME= Very Happy

I agree...this hit me like a brickwall today :) I'm so excited...and it seems like they're actually LISTENING to the people!!!

(I hope the updates don't RUIN the classics...but I'm all for them!)

Like you said, 2 NEW ATTRACTIONS for Epcot...and a COUNTRY!!!

disappointed about BK, but oh well...maybe someday down the road...but at least they're doing SOMETHING!

I guess MGM has been put on hold for now...

jwbeck3

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53

I guess MGM has been put on hold for now...

Yea, hopefully after all of these projects are finished, then it wil be MGM's turn. I am bouncing off my walls right now, and hoping that none of these projects get their budget cut in half but I guess that wont happen since Pressler is gone.

cookiee_munster

i like the name "Forbidden Mountain"

But how will the ride fit in with the Asian theme??? cus its based on the film reign of fire isn't it? which is set in the future...

Scar Junior

Somehow i think the name 'Forbidden Mountain" works due to Pressler's budget decisions. Basicly every new attraction under his watch was forbidden to the public- but here is one we will finally experience!

jwbeck3

Originally posted by Scar Junior
Somehow i think the name 'Forbidden Mountain" works due to Pressler's budget decisions. Basicly every new attraction under his watch was forbidden to the public- but here is one we will finally experience!

True dat

Tiki_bud_Pan

Well, over here on the west coast, we all are just thrilled for ya (soarin is the best ride ever:D ). But were all a little worried by your amazing string of luck, why???? Becuase it seems liek our 50th plans (the updates of 5 classic rides plus a new e-tix) is going out the window, as well as our huge celebration. Maybe that'll change once presller leaves, then maybe we can all have our awesome new rides and updates. But I shouldnt complain, Flik's Fun Fair is opening in a week or 2, and there gonna announce our pooh ride the same day!!!!!!:D Sorry to brag, but come spring, you can brag all you want over mission: space, and then the tables will turn come tower time!!!!

Mr D

I dunno after reading about the CM's at DCA having no cafeteria to eat at anymore, the outside food service company felt that the DCA employees were not important. My guess its going to be the most minimal themed attraction ever, maybe it will be staffed by Manpower workers:( Plus lately it appears as though there is less advertising of the name DCA and more of Flics Fun Fair. What a friggin waste of time and money building DCA, and all the while its ______________ up money needed elsewhere.

Tiki_bud_Pan

Hey, I completely agree with you. There are some statistics that say that they could have built an Ahaheim Disney Seas here and it would have been cheaper than DCA and it's "last-ditch-effort" advertising and rides, they could have built the Tower of Tower (i say terror becuase it isnt a cut down ride, believe me, it's gonna cost a lot and have soem new, innovative thrills!!!!!) in the american waterfront (but it was scrapped at tokyo?) Well, I bet that now they will build diseny seas as the third gate, if they dont they're really out of touch crazy :brick: :hammer: :veryconfu :hammer: !!!!!!!!!!! I can hope!

indigo

I can think of numerous great 'asian' themes for Forbiddin Mountain. Just one... The guest enters the tomb of an ancient chinese emperor (touring through animals along the queue). However, a curse is uncovered and vehicles that would have transported the guests to the center of the mountain, now must be used to provide an escape.

DisneyKrazed

Originally posted by indigo
The guest enters the tomb of an ancient chinese emperor (touring through animals along the queue).
I really like this idea. It stays with the animal themes and makes the line go much faster.

RozFan

Oooo, sounds like a good idea!

I wonder what kind of ride vechicle we are looking at or type of exprience?

I think Indy would be a good fit here. Picture it, Indiana Jones and the Forbidden Mountain. Some sort of moderate in-door coaster heavily themed would work. Or maybe another water attraction?

Katherine

I think this whole things sounds so exciting! I also think that putting it in the same area as KRR is a mistake because crowds will be so crowded there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom