The D-Fibulator!

General Grizz

Original Poster
Welcome to the D-Fibulator: The game that separates the MICE from the MEN!

Rules
I will ask a series of True and False questions. The first person who answers at least 13 correctly wins a spot to give their round!

ROUND ONE

1. 'EPCOT' stands for 'Experimental prototype community of tomorrow.'
2. The current celebration at Walt Disney World is the 100 Years of Magic.
3. The Disney-MGM Studios opened before Universal Studios, Florida did.
4. "The Lunching Pad" was located where Auntie Gravity's Galactic Goodies stands today.
5. Kodak received over 1,000,000 complaints about 'Journey into Your Imagination.'
6. Mickey's Toontown Fair officially opened to guests in 1996.
7. There once was a food court in the Magic Kingdom where the Carousel of Progress stands today.
8. "The Timekeeper" opened in 1994.
9. Disney designed a Pirates of the Caribbean Arcade and a Haunted Mansion Arcade.
10. "Holidayland" was scheduled to be built between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland.
11. The Geese and other animals in Frontierland's Splash Mountain are the actual animatronics from "America Sings," an extinct Disneyland show.
12. Tomorrowland was originally going to have a stop on the Walt Disney World Railroad.
13. "Tomorrow's Child" only played in the 1982 version of Spaceship Earth.
14. The rain scene was kept during the transition from 'Listen to the Land' to 'Living with the Land.'
15. There once was a railroad in the Fort Wilderness resort.
16. 'It's A Small World' was also the name of a "Disney Village" shop.
17. EPCOT (the city) was finally let go of right when the Magic Kingdom and resorts were opened.
18. The Grand Floridian replaced the site of a proposed Persian resort.

ENJOY! :) :D

tiggerlover1971

ok I will bite
1true
2 false
3 true
4 true
5 true \
6 false
7 false
8 true
9 true
10 false
11 false
12 false
13 false
14 false
15 false
16 true
17 true
18 false

SirNim

Grizz I just have to take a stab at this one :D...

ok

1 T
2 F
3 T
4 F
5 T
6 F
7 F
8 T
9 T
10 F
11 F
12 T
13 T
14 F
15 T
16 F
17 F
18 F

I'll be lucky if I got 5 correct! :lol:

:D

Brett

1) True
2) False
3) True
4) False
5) True
6) False
7) False
8) True
9) False
10) False
11) True
12) False
13) False
14) False
15) True
16) True
17) True
18) False

General Grizz

Original Poster
Nimajneb, you are so far the closest! Good try, Brett, but Nimajneb is a bit father...

Still no winner...yet!

If 13 is not met by Saturday, I will give it to the highest winner.

General Grizz

Original Poster
HINT: Be careful. When an attraction or shop or restaurant is named, take the entire name of that show/shop as it is (in other words, that attraction or shop was named that attraction/shop and nothing else.)

MickeyBabe

Grizzly.... I'll take a shot at it.... Here goes....

1. True
2. False
3. True
4. True
5. False
6. True
7. False
8. True
9. False
10. True
11. False
12. False
13. True
14. True
15. True
16. True
17. False
18. True

Whew... that was hard

:)

Herbie53

Premium Member
What the heck, I'll give it a try. I'll never win so I won't have to worry about coming up with question of my own.:lol:

1 T
2 F
3 T
4 F
5 F
6 T
7 F
8 F
9 T
10 F
11 F
12 F
13 F
14 T
15 T
16 T
17F
18F

(I don't know why I did this. I always hated true/false quizes.)

LeaveALegacyGuy

I'll give it a try.
1. True
2. False
3. True
4. True
5. False
6. True
7. False
8. True
9. False
10. False
11. True
12. False
13. True
14. True
15. False
16. False
17. True
18. True

That was hard:veryconfu well I hope at least I get a couple right:)

General Grizz

Original Poster
Since I may not be on this weekend, new rule:

All entries must be in by tomorrow evening! :)

I will be posting the answers - and selecting the winner (highest person or first to reach 13) between 9:30 - 10:30 PM EST! :)

General Grizz

Original Poster
Answers to Round 1

SirNimajneb is our winner with 6 incorrect and 12 correct! Herbie and epcotismyfav came in second with 7 incorrect and 11 correct! Congratulations to everyone! :)

Here are the answers:

1. 'EPCOT' stands for 'Experimental prototype community of tomorrow.'

This is true. The idea for EPCOT as a living community was inspired by none other than Walt Disney.

2. The current celebration at Walt Disney World is the 100 Years of Magic.

False. This celebration ended in late February, 2003. However, you can still celebrate Walt! (See signature).

3. The Disney-MGM Studios opened before Universal Studios, Florida did.

True. It was a close “race.”

4. "The Lunching Pad" was located where Auntie Gravity's Galactic Goodies stands today.

True. The original version of the Lunching Pad stands where ‘Galactic Goodies’ is today. The current Lunching Pad replaced “Space Bar” when New Tomorrowland opened.

5. Kodak received over 1,000,000 complaints about 'Journey into Your Imagination.'

This is actually true. I wonder how many Disney got…

6. Mickey's Toontown Fair officially opened to guests in 1996.

True. Before the Fair, the location was ‘Mickey’s Starland’ and, before that, ‘Mickey’s Birthdayland.’

7. There once was a food court in the Magic Kingdom where the Carousel of Progress stands today.

True. Carousel of Progress made it to the Magic Kingdom in 1975 with the theme song “Now is the Time.”

8. "The Timekeeper" opened in 1994.

False. The Timekeeper was not the original name for the attraction when it opened. The correct name is “The Transportaurium” for the attraction’s 1994 debut.

9. Disney designed a Pirates of the Caribbean Arcade and a Haunted Mansion Arcade.

True. The Pirates Arcade was the only one finally built.

10. "Holidayland" was scheduled to be built between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland.

True. However, this idea was never passed.

11. The Geese and other animals in Frontierland's Splash Mountain are the actual animatronics from "America Sings," an extinct Disneyland show.

False. All of the animatronics in America Sings, minus the Sam, the Owl, and the weasels, were used in Disneyland’s (Critter Country) version of Splash Mountain. Our characters, minus the Brer’s, are based off of these characters. The only direct animatronics from Splash Mountain in Walt Disney World are the weasels.

12. Tomorrowland was originally going to have a stop on the Walt Disney World Railroad.

True. It would have been located near or around Space Mountain.

13. "Tomorrow's Child" only played in the 1982 version of Spaceship Earth.

False. “Tomorrow’s Child” was only played in the 1986-1993 version f Spaceship Earth.

14. The rain scene was kept during the transition from 'Listen to the Land' to 'Living with the Land.'

False. All of the scenes before the rain set were kept. The scene in question replaced the popular “Symphony of the Seed” from the original 1982 attraction.

15. There once was a railroad in the Fort Wilderness resort.

True.

16. 'It's A Small World' was also the name of a "Disney Village" shop.

False. The correct name of the shop was “It’s a Small World After All.” I know…picky picky.

17. EPCOT (the city) was finally let go of right when the Magic Kingdom and resorts were opened.

False. The whole idea of the city of futuristic idea of EPCOT was let go of in 1975, several years after the Magic Kingdom’s opening.

18. The Grand Floridian replaced the site of a proposed Persian resort.

False. The Grand Floridian replaced the site of a proposed Asian resort.

I know, a few are a little picky picky, but that's how we learn the subtle details that really add a lot of deminsion. So impress people with what you now know when you go to Disney!

Nimajneb, your turn to host ROUND 2! :)

SirNim

ME?! :lookaroun :eek: :)

OK then...

*ponders*

ROUND TWO

1. The "Hydrolators" in Epcot's "The Living Seas" descend only two feet.
2. WET Design created the Fountain of Nations in Innoventions Plaza.
3. Miyuki is one of two female Japanese candy artists.
4. Cinderella's Golden Carrousel was built in 1918.
5. Cinderella Castle is heavily based on Neuschwanstein Castle.
6. On Kali River Rapids, you traverse the Kali River.
7. The largest Hidden Mickey on WDW property is formed in front of the Mann's Chinese Theater replica (The Great Movie Ride) in Disney-MGM Studios.
8. Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf opened in 1996.
9. Russell Brower composed and arranged songs for WDW, including the Future World Theme and The Living Seas theme.
10. About 24 stave churches like the one in the Norway pavilion survive today.
11. There really is a San Angel Inn in Mexico and an Alfredo's of Rome in Rome, Italy.
12. One of the "mottos" or "slogans" of Disney's BoardWalk is "Sensation of the shore!"
13. Lago Francisco is the name of the 15-acre lake in the middle of Disney's Coronado Springs Resort.
14. The South Seas Luau was Disney's Polynesian (Village) Resort's first entertainment show.
15. The Disney Inn became the Golf Resort Hotel became Shades of Green.
16. Between 1971 and 1993, Oscan Meyer was the sponsor of the Magic Kingdom's Market House (later name changed to the Yankee Trader).
17. The bridge to Adventureland was originally supposed to have been a covered bridge.
18. In Epcot, the Stargate Restaurant was replaced by Fountainview Cafe.

Good luck!
:D First to 13 wins! :)

Herbie53

Premium Member
Well, here goes - I'm in this thing now!

1)T
2)F
3)F
4)T
5)F
6)F
7)T
8)T
9)F
10)T
11)T
12)T
13)T
14)F
15)F
16)F
17)T
18)T

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom