Trip Report The "Could be better....could be worse" Trip Report - October 2018

Well....we've been back for almost two months and I've finally gotten our pictures organized! (Hard task when you're chasing around a one year old all day...especially because she learned how to climb on the couch by herself this week....Yayyy!!! :arghh:)

A brief introduction before I get my FIRST EVER trip report started!

Who: Me (Megan), my husband (George), and our little princess (Ryleigh)

177dDisneyPP.jpg

When: October 19th through October 22nd

Where: Grand Floridian :inlove:

Why: Why not? Life has been a little rough lately and our Mickey loving daughter needed to go meet him!

For a more detailed intro, you can read my Pre-Trip here: The "After The Last 8 Months We've Had, We NEED This Trip" Pre-Trip Report

So bear with me during my first time writing a Trip Report and find out the following: Do George and I survive our first trip as parents??? Did Ryleigh love the characters??? Did I become a HEA convert??? Was the GF as glorious as I've been imagining for the last 26 years??? Just how many bite size cheesecakes did I eat at Chef Mickey's??? And on that note...

1544845383845.png

(And write a trip report!)

Last edited:

Rista1313

I think this is where I do the "Final Thoughts" right?

What did I think of finally getting to stay at the GF??
It was really convenient with a little one and spending the majority of our time in the MK. However, I feel a little guilty saying this but as far as the room itself.....it's just a hotel room? I don't feel the room was much different than other deluxe we've stayed at...very similar to the Yacht Club. I like that the sinks are separate from the shower unlike at the Contemporary. But it was essentially just a hotel room. It's the convenience and area you are paying for in my opinion. I am very happy and grateful that I was finally able to stay there though!

Parks with a toddler?
Totally doable. Just go at their pace and go with the flow. We didn't do every ride at MK but we still had a good time. We went into this trip with the mindset that we'll be back one day soon and can catch things we missed then. Take advantage of the baby centers, mark your stroller so you can find it, and don't forget the companion bathrooms don't have changing tables!!

Dessert party worth it?
TOTALLY! While I didn't actually see HEA, the non-stress of having a great spot a half hour before the show is worth its weight in gold! The desserts were great so go hungry!

When's the next trip for our family?
At the end of this trip, we knew our next trip would be end of November/beginning of December 2021 for the 50th anniversary festivities that I'm hoping will still be being celebrated. Good plan right? Until about two weeks ago....

George had the week off work because I had a possible gallbladder attack and complications from a toe nail removal all in the same week. (It all goes downhill after 30.....) He used his time to watch Disney movies with Ryleigh. They watched her favorite Toy Story and he introduced her to his favorite Disney movie, Aladdin. Ryleigh also has been going nuts over a commercial on DisneyJr where they visit HS. They show Toy Story Land, Minnie, and the DisneyJr dance party....sign her up! So he informs me that he thinks he's ready for another weekend trip in the spring after watching movies with her. :eek: We've always wanted to see the F&G Festival and Ryleigh needs to see TSL again naturally. We're looking at April 23-26. We were looking at the weekend before but I saw it is the SW Run Weekend and I don't know how the crowds will be. I grew up at the All Stars so they're nostalgic to me and George and I liked Pop when we went in 2015. However, ASMovies has a Toy Story section so you know where we'll be staying! So I'll keep ya'll posted on if this trip actually comes to be!

Thank you to everyone who took the time to read my first report and for all your sweet comments!! See ya real soon hopefully!!

Yay for a spring trip! Movies is almost finished with renovations too, so you'll have a nice newish room!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I hope you paid for a garden view at the GF and got upgraded to that “lagoon view”....because IMO a dormer room facing away from the main part of Seven Seas Lagoon is not worth more $$ than a garden view.

This is a true “lagoon view” ~
6638E65F-425F-4666-B2FC-A29916047993.jpeg

Glad you finished your report, I really enjoyed it!

MegRuss626

Original Poster
I hope you paid for a garden view at the GF and got upgraded to that “lagoon view”....because IMO a dormer room facing away from the main part of Seven Seas Lagoon is not worth more $$ than a garden view.

This is a true “lagoon view” ~
View attachment 406210

Glad you finished your report, I really enjoyed it!

Oh how I wish I could say that was the case! 😔 Since we booked last minute (4 months out), the only room type available was a Lagoon View. I was hoping for the lagoon view you had posted or at least something similar. Our room requests “weren’t showing on our reservation” per the front desk. Could be better, could be worse right? 🤦🏻‍♀️

Thanks for following along!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Oh how I wish I could say that was the case! 😔 Since we booked last minute (4 months out), the only room type available was a Lagoon View. I was hoping for the lagoon view you had posted or at least something similar. Our room requests “weren’t showing on our reservation” per the front desk. Could be better, could be worse right? 🤦🏻‍♀️

Thanks for following along!
Ugh. The view categories are based on what you can see while standing inside the room. I bet all you could see was the enclosed balcony. I know you kept the room out of convenience since you were running late, but should that ever happen again....complain!

MegRuss626

Original Poster
Ugh. The view categories are based on what you can see while standing inside the room. I bet all you could see was the enclosed balcony. I know you kept the room out of convenience since you were running late, but should that ever happen again....complain!

That’s a good bit of knowledge to know...thanks! I kind of wish we would have complained but on a short trip, we figured we could make it work. It is definitely disheartening to know we paid more for less 👎🏻

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Thanks for sharing Ryleigh’s first trip with us. 😀 It really sounds like you guys went into it with a great philosophy of « there will be another trip sometime » which kept your pace perfect for Ryleigh. We did the same (although my DD was 3 on her first trip) and have continued to do so on all trips so they always remain enjoyable and not exhausting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom