The Contemporary....NOT SO GREAT!

DSNYKID

We stayed at the Contemporary a few years back. We did stay in one of the Garden Room Wings.... and in all honestly, it was not so great. It was difficult to understand how it could be considered a Deluxe Resort. Maybe if we stayed in the tower I would think differently.

Maybe the Contemporary needs to be Contemporized? I know that the have since tore down the Garden Wing we stayed in and there are rumors of DVC creating a home there.

Regardless... it was great to be able to walk to the MK.

kcnole

The entire resort was recently updated with new beds, new furniture, nice plasma tv's, etc... I always thought the garden wings were a downgrade to the tower, but its pretty nice now. I'm not real happy about the proposed DVC addition however.

Upvote 0

Champion

Did you by chance stay in the wing they were waiting to tear down?

And a more important question:
You stayed there 'a few years back'. Why are you complaining about it now?

Upvote 0

mitchk

Did you by chance stay in the wing they were waiting to tear down?

And a more important question:
You stayed there 'a few years back'. Why are you complaining about it now?

What's up with you man, I'm not trying to insult you or anything, but it always seems like your either correcting people, or just trying to be rude (at least in the last few posts of yours I read). For example in a thread about the Rain forest cafe you corrected someone for misspelling Raglan. I don't know, it just seems like you always come off as a little rude. Like I said I'm not trying to start an argument, or insult you I was just curious as to why you post this way? :shrug:

Upvote 0

CTXRover

The rooms in the Contemporary have been completely redone over the past 1-2 years making them worthy of a deluxe category and of the name 'contemporary'. The public spaces (lobby/concourse/outside areas) are currently being worked on as we speak to modernize the entire resort. If you get the chance, definetely check out the Contemporary again. I imagine what you experienced was pre-refurb since you mentioned your stay was a couple of years ago, and I would agree with your opinion that the Contemporary's rooms left a lot to be desired back then. That has all changed now. In fact, the redone rooms earned the Contemporary a 4 star rating from AAA this past year, up from a 3 star property as it has been for several years prior.

Upvote 0

DSNYKID

Original Poster
The rooms in the Contemporary have been completely redone over the past 1-2 years making them worthy of a deluxe category and of the name 'contemporary'. The public spaces (lobby/concourse/outside areas) are currently being worked on as we speak to modernize the entire resort. If you get the chance, definetely check out the Contemporary again. I imagine what you experienced was pre-refurb since you mentioned your stay was a couple of years ago, and I would agree with your opinion that the Contemporary's rooms left a lot to be desired back then. That has all changed now. In fact, the redone rooms earned the Contemporary a 4 star rating from AAA this past year, up from a 3 star property as it has been for several years prior.

We always go to Chef Mickey's so I'll be sure to check it out again this November.

Upvote 0

ImaYoyo

We stayed at the Contemporary a few years back. We did stay in one of the Garden Room Wings.... and in all honestly, it was not so great. It was difficult to understand how it could be considered a Deluxe Resort. Maybe if we stayed in the tower I would think differently.

Maybe the Contemporary needs to be Contemporized? I know that the have since tore down the Garden Wing we stayed in and there are rumors of DVC creating a home there.

Regardless... it was great to be able to walk to the MK.
You should take a look at Disneyworld.com and see the new Contemporary. It is very... well... contemporary.

Upvote 0

Peters_Shadow

We just stayed at Contemporary in Feb and stay in the South Garden Wing which was just renovated. It was actually very nice, one of the nicest hotel rooms I have ever stayed in. Very modern and "contemporary" with cool looking sinks in the bathroom. Had a glass desk in the room with a computer and a plasma tv up on the wall. Overall very nice and upscale, worth every penny and you can't beat it's locaton to the Magic Kingdom and access to the Monorail.

Upvote 0
We stayed in a Garden Wing room in February 07. The room was really nice but it didn't feel very 'Disney" if that makes sense. We did however have a lake view room which was awesome. Being on the monorail was awesome too. That was our first stay at a monorail resort.

Upvote 0

animay

My wife and I just stayed at the Contemporary (tower, Magic Kingdom view) last month for a brief honeymoon. We absolutely loved it. Mostly for the view from the balcony. Laying in bed and looking out at the castle all lit up at night is pretty darn cool. I had the Wishes music on my laptop and started it playing right along with the fireworks while we had dinner on the balcony. Closest I'll ever get to a private show. Plus having the monorail and being able to just walk to the Magic Kingdom was a wonderful experience. It's going to be hard to return to value/moderate resorts after that trip.

Upvote 0

slowbee

We stayed there during our christmas trip last december and it was a nice time. It was down right cold during our trip, so we didn't get to enjoy the swimming pool, which over looking bay lake is a very relaxing picture. The rooms were nice and we had 2 kids and an infant and had plenty of room. The monorail is worth it's weight in gold when you don't have to worry about strollers on the bus.. etc.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom