Trip Report The completely magical Babymoon and "It's a ...?" trip report

Hi everyone,

My DH and I are back from an absolutely amazing and wonderful trip to Disney World.

To recap, my DH and I traveled to WDW from Feb 23 to Feb 28. We stayed at the Beach Club and had 5 day magic your way tickets with no park hopper and the dining plan. It was mostly just my DH and I but we were joined in the parks on the first two days by my mom.

The original plan was to be down at WDW during this time so I could run the Disney Princess Half Marathon. However, plans changed when I found out that after 10 years of hoping and praying, and 4 years of fertility treatments, my DH and I were expecting our first child! Here is a link to the trip report.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...-im-going-to-be-a-mom-pre-trip-report.876170/

After finding out this joyous news, we changed the plans and decided to still head down but make it a Disney Babymoon and Gender Reveal.

And here's how our trip went!

DH and I left DC and headed down to Hilton Head, SC on Friday, February 21st. This is where my parents live. My mom planned a beautiful baby shower for me and her girlfriends on Saturday. It would be my first official baby shower! Here is a pic of me and my mom from the shower.

LPswvKFP7hLQdaAfqjRTiS0FyBRermSHhtGcaZPgEtIo=w576-h432

The next morning, up very early, Niles (my DH) and my parents and I hopped in our car and headed to Orlando which is about a 4 1/2 to 5 hour drive. My goal was to be out of the house by 7 but we were running a bit late. I was doing fine with the time until we got about an hour away from Disney. Then I turned into an alien being who was nearly home to her mother ship! I was so anxious and excited and just wanted to get there!!!!

I finally started to calm down when I saw this...

1BB8aa53WiSbyfZylxJA-SCE_Orf6MOAhFDk57HtnMXk=w605-h454-no

My dad drove us to the Beach Club where we checked into our room.

20140223_131357.jpg

DZFCO2FBQiZh-vuV1eh4JJpWT0ny-baVPo8jsjJvhTMZ=w384-h216-p-no

-U-LUYSj_wGlfcsfvgSNbaz8MfmOaqRorAgAJ8rBxP7c=w255-h453-no

The room was a nice garden room but it was literally the farthest away from the elevator you could possibly get. So we wanted to change rooms but decided that getting to the Magic Kingdom was our first priority.

We hopped back in the car and dad took us to the Grand Floridian. We decided since we had a car, the fastest way to get to the MK was by taking the monorail to the GF. This worked a treat! We were there at the front of the MK in now time!

Also a treat, the magic bands! We were able to zoom through security and then get right into the parks! I like these new bands!

When I called prior to arrival about setting anything up for the big gender reveal, I was told that nothing can be set up ahead of time...only for weddings/engagements. But the cast member that I did speak to on the phone, did call over to guest services and they told her that we could go right to City Hall and they would be happy to take care of us.

With my little envelope in hand, my DH, mom and I headed to City Hall. We waited in line (for like 5 mins but seemed like it took 8 hours!) and spoke to what I will only describe as an overheated, over tired, not the nicest Guest Services person. Did she do anything wrong per say? No. But she starred at us and did not understand what we wanted to do or why we were with her. She sent us over to Photopass saying that they had to organize our request. I didn't want to argue with her. I didn't understand why she was sending us there. And I was so excited and anxious I wasn't going to do battle with this lady. So we headed across Main Street and headed to the theater where Photopass photography was. As I crossed Main Street, we say a photographer and a balloon handler together. I paused thinking maybe I should do this myself but I was so nervous I decided it best to get some help. So off we went into the theater where 3 young Guest Services, plaid vest wearing people were standing. I knew this was my group to help me. I explained what we wanted to and the one girl was like "I want to help!" So off we went to gather a photographer and a balloon person.

Here she is organizing everything!

IMG_8694.JPG

That's the envelope in her hand. I was getting my video camera ready for her.

The plan was...she would open the envelope. Niles and I would stand with our back turned, so basically facing the Castle. She would tell the balloon person if it was a girl or a boy. And and then we would get the balloon.

Here is how the events played out in film and video. Enjoy!

IMG_8690.JPG

IMG_8695.JPG

wdw201405447978543_6934710871_18.jpg

wd015wdw201405447978544.jpeg

kTu09hn7_RUFSkkcH_Mf2GHeHr57I0UZW_eRm-n3Cj_x=w683-h454-no

IMG_8697.JPG

MPomp0VsX3T-K20V8948uzw-Z3uGXMvOkZsOgKaXWqRz=w683-h454-no

wd013wdw201405447978551.jpeg

gm6w9XRCTaimvAILlr5NRjvZ0h3suPmQCyKm2XbTQnYs=w683-h454-no

wdw201405447978562_6934712425_18.jpg

IT'S A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone was beyond amazing! Guest Services gave us the balloon for free! The photographer was amazing! Everyone was so fantastic making this moment a true dream come true!!!!!

Last edited:

PartOfYourWorld

Congratulations again to you and your husband! I wish you all the best with your baby boy and you must be very excited he is arriving soon!!!! :) Colin is a very cute name for a boy!!! haven't really heard much of that name!!!! I enjoyed reading your report and your bumpin' around the world! It was great! Sending best wishes your way! :happy:

Leah Marie

I remember Be Our Guest wasn't exactly character dining when they first opened. But I am glad to see that Beast was there! I remember the food wasn't as appetizing, but with more time and experience, they will get there!!! Well wishes for your family! I hope I have a boy when I do get pregnant in the future! You are making me want to go to WDW way sooner than expected!!!

lbrad

LOVED your TR!!!
What a Magical way to do a gender reveal. Congratulations to you & your husband!!!
You are absolutely glowing ... you look sooo happy:happy: :happy: I am so happy for ALL of you.
Prince Colin is one special, lucky little fella!!! Love that you picked an Irish name while at the Pub :D
Wishing all the best to you & your family :inlove:

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Original Poster
Congratulations again to you and your husband! I wish you all the best with your baby boy and you must be very excited he is arriving soon!!!! :) Colin is a very cute name for a boy!!! haven't really heard much of that name!!!! I enjoyed reading your report and your bumpin' around the world! It was great! Sending best wishes your way! :happy:

Thank you so much! I can officially say today he will be here with in the month as they bumped up delivery by a week! Can't wait to meet the little prince!

disneygirl76

Original Poster
I remember Be Our Guest wasn't exactly character dining when they first opened. But I am glad to see that Beast was there! I remember the food wasn't as appetizing, but with more time and experience, they will get there!!! Well wishes for your family! I hope I have a boy when I do get pregnant in the future! You are making me want to go to WDW way sooner than expected!!!

Thank you! Lunch was better then dinner in my opinion. The menu was limited and by the end of the trip I was "steaked" out. Lunch however was amazing. The Beast was there for dinner only as where you meet him at dinner is where you que up and order lunch. Thank you for the well wishes!

disneygirl76

Original Poster
LOVED your TR!!!
What a Magical way to do a gender reveal. Congratulations to you & your husband!!!
You are absolutely glowing ... you look sooo happy:happy: :happy: I am so happy for ALL of you.
Prince Colin is one special, lucky little fella!!! Love that you picked an Irish name while at the Pub :D
Wishing all the best to you & your family :inlove:

hee hee Thanks! I think we were inspired! :) We are so excited to meet the little prince! :)

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Ahh I got this magazine today and thought of you a year and a few months from now!View attachment 52137

1stWishes.com

So cute!! We decided to go in June for his 1st bday! I was thinking of going in Feb for the Disney Princess 1/2 Marathon but I have to be realistic. I wouldn't have run in almost a year by the time I get the okay to run again. Looking at Augustish. And that isn't much time to train. Also, my brother is getting married in CA in Oct, then the holidays in Nov and Dec and the trip for Feb would have to be paid for in Jan for Feb. That just isn't happening. :) Plus, 1st bday is so much more special! I hope he has a lot of hair so we can do 1st hair cut too! Even if not, we will have to tie that in as well! :)

Witchy Chick

#1 – Congratulations on your wonderful news!!

#2 – BEST gender reveal ever!!

#3 -- loved your “bump” picture with the Thumper topiary. I called my DD (now 5.5) Thumper when I was preggo with her. She was ACTIVE.

#4 – Love love love your “bump in each country” pictures in WS.

#5 – Love the name Colin Patrick. Very Gaelic (and I like Gaelic names, although my DH does not).

Congratulations again!! I am sooooooo excited for you!

disneygirl76

Original Poster
#1 – Congratulations on your wonderful news!!

#2 – BEST gender reveal ever!!

#3 -- loved your “bump” picture with the Thumper topiary. I called my DD (now 5.5) Thumper when I was preggo with her. She was ACTIVE.

#4 – Love love love your “bump in each country” pictures in WS.

#5 – Love the name Colin Patrick. Very Gaelic (and I like Gaelic names, although my DH does not).

Congratulations again!! I am sooooooo excited for you!

Thank you!! X 5 :) Bumpin' around the world was pretty fun I will admit! :) And we came up with the name at Rose and Crown! :)

Zipadeelady

IMG_8757.JPG

Then, she took us right in front of the Castle and shooed everyone away! She told everyone that "this area is closed for a moment". I was shocked that could happen! But those magical Cast Members can do anything! Thank you Casey!!!

THIS IS IT!! THIS IS THE PICTURE!! You must enlarge this photo, frame it and hang it in the nursery!!! Do this for me!!

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Your almost there, we are having a baby as well, in Sept and we plan on going to Disney in Sept 2015 for her 1st birthday as well!

YEAH! Are you so excited to start planning the first trip!?!?! I am trying to pace myself! Getting too excited! :)

disneygirl76

Original Poster
It is a great picture! It tells so much of the story with so little in the picture! Glad we were on the same page. ;) Also....did you turn your dress into the curtains? :p

Hee hee which dress? Although, I love buffalo check so the curtains might become a dress! How very Maria of me! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom